Zebediah Killgrave is one of the most badass names in Marvel comics. Why did they change it to Kevin Thompson...

Zebediah Killgrave is one of the most badass names in Marvel comics. Why did they change it to Kevin Thompson, one of the most ordinary and plain-sounding names in existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Kevin Thompson
>Not badass

Next you'll tell me Eugene Smith isn't a badass name.

Because god forbid something based on a comic book sound kind of silly.

his name is kevin......

The show seemed to make a point that he wasn't some inhuman monster, but that any regular person could be that evil if they had that much power.

Because he needed an alternate identity and nobody wanted to call him Purple Man.

So they gave him a super plain base name and let him go by Kilgrave instead of calling him Purple Man

doesn't Jessica tease him for having an edgy as fuck made-up name like Kilgrave? its like those kids that call their RPG characters Darcknife or shit like that.
but frankly, Purple Man is a weirdly scary name. like a naked hobo in an alley. it should be funny, but isn't.

Didn't you hear all the jokes they did about his name? Netflix was trying to apologize for embarrassing you by having a character called "Killgrave" in their TV show.

Are they gonna go all out with Danny, if the "Purple Man"'s not even purple?

Jessica Jones is a character for people who don't like superhero stories

>Murdercorpse

Kilgrave is a legitimate last name though. It's rare, but it's real.

>Purple Man is a weirdly scary name. like a naked hobo in an alley. it should be funny, but isn't
I honestly have no idea why they wouldn't use that. It's not that silly when you know that Gray Man existed in real life and was by far one of the biggest monsters among all serial killers.
I mean, different colour - same principle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish

What's wrong with doing different things with superheroes? Shows like Jessica Jones prove that "superhero" is not a genre and that you can have a character drama with little emphasis on action and still involve superheroes.

Don't get me wrong, Daredevil is rad as hell and I think it's much better than Jessica Jones, but I don't mind a little variety.

Probably to drive the point in that rapists and sexist men are lowly, churlish sods.

Nothing, they just don't belong in Marvel or a comic book universe that is built around superheroes.

>This MotherFucker wrote to the parents of his 4 year old victim to tell them how "delicious" they kid was.

Sometimes clicking random links on Wikipedia isn't a good thing. Jesus H.

Murdercoffin was taken already

Because the potential to be the worst can be found in the most unassuming.

Eh, it was a fringe book with a character that ended up being supporting cast in someone else's book, because really that's all you can do with it.

Think of the show the same way and forget about it, don't watch the 2nd series (which will probably actually be shit, seeing as they've spent their load on her main storyline) and watch the things you do like.

>On his return to N.Y. he stole two boys one 7 one 11. Took them to his home stripped them naked tied them in a closet then burned everything they had on. Several times every day and night he spanked them – tortured them – to make their meat good and tender.
Jesus christ.

Weird names can be suspenseful in their own way. I remember reading Gerald's Game and thinking Deep Space Cowboy was an incredibly stupid and spooky name at the same time.

Better question yet, why did they kill him off?

user, Killgrave is not his name on the show. It's KILGRAVE. One L because we don't want to alienate our audience!

too dangerous and OP to live.

Christ almighty...

>I honestly have no idea why they wouldn't use that.

"Purple" is one of those inherently funny words like monkey, pickle, and cheese. It's hard for most people to take seriously.

woah there user, what's wrong with some variety now and then

Thats what makes it intimidating imo
Same thing as "The Joker"