It has been bugging me for a while...

It has been bugging me for a while, but I finally realized what's wrong with Miyazaki's movies; They're completely fucking humorless. The man's a fucking prude.

kiki has a bunch of humor what are you talking about

Excellent point the closest thing to a joke these films have is a cute creature falling over or something stupid like that.

Examples?

>humorless
>porco rosso

also this

>humorless
Do Americans really need more fart jokes and "random" humor?

He's too fucking concerned about maintaining his picturesque atmosphere and wholesome protags

shit gets stale

You probably have shit taste in humor

At least I have it.

What about the scene in Spirited Away where Chihiro gets stuck in the elevator with the Radish Spirit and her face is shoved right next to his disgusting long hairy man tits? Or when the Soot Spirit drops his coal on himself and then Chihiro picks it off of him and throws it in the furnace of him, so all the other Soot Spirits throw their coals on themselves in an attempt to get out of doing work? Subtle humor =/= no humor.

I found it refreshing that he was willing to take animated stuff seriously and keep humor subtle rather than shove jokes for kids in peoples faces all the time.

or the scene in kikis delivery service where jiji has to pretend to be the cat doll and the dog comes around
or in howls where pretty much every line out of calcifer is comedic

I don't think I've ever laughed out loud at any of his movies, maybe a smile here and there, but not laughing. And they are great. Not every movie has to have humor to be good.

Cute girl being awkward: It's fucking moe.

Not what I consider good humor.

>humorless

Come on and slam and welcome to Japan.

The pirate crew in Laputa is funny as heck

>castle of cagliostro
>humorless

1. Why do they need to be humorous in the first place?
2. What do you find humorous?

Focus on humor is why I can't stand most of the Disney films like Moana/zootopia, so much shitty kid humor I don't find funny, ghibli takes you seriously and just let's you watch a great film, it's cute and that keeps it lighthearted without stupid ass jokes that don't fit the stories, actual good films vs kiddie pandering

Best Lupin III movie

It's not advertised as comedy you fat american fuck.

Stick to your daily *buuurp* shows about "god is not real hahah xD"

Miyazaki is a known pedophile and just last year two established JP filmmakers went as far as they could with parody to call him out.

There was a bad smell joke in Spirited Away.

That's kind of like a fart joke right my 'Murrican friend?

Good thing Disney had to sign a contract to never edit any Ghibli work.

>Scene in pic
>*Sen farts to break up the silence
>Amerifats brust out laughing

let me explain this to you
the joke isn't funny because 'lol smell'
it's funny because all the staff members have to continue acting normal and inviting despite the awful stench
their behavior is what's funny