Can Sup Forums name at least one good thing about the movie?

Can Sup Forums name at least one good thing about the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5Mjz1RTfkU
youtube.com/watch?v=gMURTQ9zfkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just one: I haven't seen it.

At least I didn't pay to watch it, though finding out the movie was chopped up into cutscenes for the game and posted on youtube.

I'm surprised they were that lazy.

The IP it's based off of is good

The voice acting

Is it really that bad?

It's not bad at all actually. It's just full of inside jokes. If you haven't played every game in the series, the only jokes you'll be left with is groanworthy PG-rated snark and banter.

I don't get it. How did this go wrong? It looks to be a fairly straight adaptation of the first game, which is good, and it's even made by the game's creators. Is this not exactly what a good video game adaptation is supposed to be?

It led to the best game of 2016 so far.
Seriously if you have a PS4, it's $40 go get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=q5Mjz1RTfkU

Qwark is always a good character, tbqh. And someone else mentioned the voice acting, which I agree with.

It may not be the best movie ever, but as a fan of the games, I found it to be enjoyable.

That sounds fucking terrible.

It actually resembles the game, which is an area 90% of all video game movies struggle with alone.

> best game
It's up there. But I also have Enter the Gungeon, Stardew Valley, and Dark Souls 3

The waifus

There were a couple jokes that made me laugh but for the most part, this film was painfully mediocre
The worst part about it was it dragged the new PS4 R&C game down severely

I've only seen this beaner's review of it and played the very first game in the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=gMURTQ9zfkY

TL;DW:
He says the recent reboot of the game is a ton of fun, and this movie is nothing but cutscenes taken from the actual game. The movie is only as bad as the recent game.

If that's the case, shouldn't you guys like this?

Either he's a dumbass or you misheard him, because the cutscenes in the game are taken from the movie, not the other way around.

>movie is nothing but cutscenes taken from the actual game
Other way around. Some cutscenes look way better than others so you can tell what was pulled straight from the movie.

Rachet is pretty cute.

Watch it then. He speculates (that's all the info he has) that the game had extra cutscenes made for it, and only used a portion of those for the actual game and used the rest for the movie. That way they simultaniously made the production of two media in the same place.

Gungeon, maybe.
Stardew, maybe.
Dark Soul3, I played it last year with Bloodborne.

> Dark Soul3, I played it last year with Bloodborne.
Yeah and I played Ratchet and Clank back on the ps2. What's you're point?

Of course it sounds terrible to someone who's never played the games. You won't understand 90% of the jokes and the ones made for non-fans have been used in every other animated family movie ever.

The movie had heart but it feels like there was a lot of corporate meddling to get a wider audience, and they failed in that aspect.

Non-R&C fans complaining about the humor in this movie is the equivalent of watching The Hobbit Part 3 and taking points off because you don't know who Smaug is.

“ከታላቁ የዲጂታል ማሕበረሰብ ቡራኬና ጸሎት ለምትጠይቀኝ ለአንተ ይህንን ለማለት እሻለሁ፣
ለእግዚኣብሔር ኣብ በማሳርገው ጸሎቴ ኣንተ እጅግ የከበረ ስጦታ ትሆናለህ። ኣንተም እኔ የምሕረት ወንጌል ኣገልጋይ በመሆኔ ለእኔ መጸለይን ኣትርሳ።“

That was 14 years ago. I played Bloodbrone less than 14 months ago.

Mr. Zurkon.

From what I've seen it looks just like your average kids film. The re-use of cutscenes on the new game is shamefully lazy though.

There was hardly any inside R&C humor here. The jokes were poorly delivered pop culture references, dumb lines with no set up
>WHAT IF WE JUST THROW AT ROCK AT IT! ROCK!
and god awful slapstick. Whatever references the movie had to the game were some off screen small gag that they groaned about, and even then it was all strictly Future series oriented.

It's not a straight adaption at all. That's the problem. Insomniac had no involvement with the production other than handing off assets. TJ Fixman left the project 2 years ago due to creative disputes and his first draft was never used.

The only good scenes in the film is when the core 4 characters from the actual damn games actually interact with one another without some outside OC joining in. And even that's a crime because Ratchet and Clank are more like side characters in this film. Clank might as well not even exist.

Qwark is the highlight of the movie

Have this scene I pirated from my empty screening.

That is a great scene, and it gives a solid reason for Qwark's actions.

Well he's wrong. There were no "extra" movie-quality scenes in the game that didn't show up in the movie. He's just spreading misinformation.

No it doesn't.

Qwark was an egotistical sell out who was only interested in promoting himself. His greed is what made him betray Ratchet and that greed is what pissed him off and changed his views on heroes.

The movie spinned him into a bumbling sympathetic character who was only jealous of Ratchet's rise to fame. By the end of the movie he's still all wide eye about Qwark even though he was just betrayed by Qwark 30 minutes ago.

Other way around. The game used clips from the movie.

I kind of prefer it the new way. Qwark being a more sympathetic character, while potentially ruining his character development in Up Your Arsenal, at least creates a situation in where it makes sense that people would be willing to forgive him in later games.

>mfw Paul Giamatti trying too hard as Drek

Drek's characterization sucked ass in the film. They didn't have to dumb him down just because the already intelligent Nefarious was there too

Also the Plumber didn't even have a line, wtf. Strange that they'd bring back the likes of Dallas and Juanita

Then please do me a favor in your future years of success and never re imagine an established series.

Well, the Plumber has lines in the game. As for Drek, yeah they fucked up by getting rid of Kevin Michael Richardson.

Sorry, I just submitted the script for the Jak and Daxter remake. Jak is now a wide eyed dreamer looking to join Baron Praxis Royal Guard.

>mfw Paul Giamatti trying too hard as Drek

That's the vibe you got? Felt like he wasn't trying at all.

Actually The Plumber does have a line.

It's just you didn't actually bother to stay after the credits to see it.

Are you fucking serious? Fuck Marvel for this movie meme

No, I mean that sounds like a terrible way to write a movie.

Imagine if the Marvel movies were 90% in-jokes insteaofd 20%.