I can understand why normies love MCU movies but why do people who actually read comics seem like them too?

I can understand why normies love MCU movies but why do people who actually read comics seem like them too?

>The normies who watch Capeshit don't understand the importance of character arcs
>They judge characters based on how "cool" they are
>They are completely oblivious to the fact that most characters in these films have one character trait at most and the rest is just whatever the viewer chooses to project onto them
>They don't know or care that the characters are nothing like the source material

This applicable to comics as well dude.

Even the last one.

Besides, the MCU is a parallel universe, and I think (I'm only guessing here) that we tend to accept any change if it's as good or better than the source.

Parallel versions must at their core have something similar to the original versions (Other than the costume)

Ultimate Spiderman/616 Spiderman/Rami Spiderman are all clearly similar guys but MCU IM and 616 IM are almost opposites

Difference in that example is that 616 Spider-Man has elements people like and want to adapt while 616 IM is shit and has no fans which is why no one buys his books despite Marvel trying to push him.

>Ultimate Spiderman/616 Spiderman/Rami Spiderman are all clearly similar guys
Say what?
>MCU IM and 616 IM are almost opposites
Where have you been since the beginning of the MCU? Lots of characters have been changed and work just fine. besides MCU Spidey borrows a lot from Ultimates.

As I said changes that work are nice.

Life long comic book fan

I just like seeing my favorite characters in movies

Besides a handful of films most of it has been awful if I'm being honest

Let's be realistic here, that movie was better than Millar's Civil War.

Well no shit its not exactly like the source. The MCU is its own universe. Earth-199999. Things are going to happen differently from 616. Why cant we enjoy this universe and these characters and the arcs they experience in their world. The MCU is just getting started with all the stories that will be told and honestly I wouldnt mind if late down the road (Phase 5 or 6), we end up with an OC hero and franchise based in the MCU. But like after we start getting shit like BritCap and Runaways and whatnot

No it wasn't

Millars work said something, it had character arcs
The movie said nothing, the characters didn't go through half the journeys they did in the book, only T'Challa had an arc

>Millars work said something

Not an argument

You didn't make an argument either, faggot.

Best part of the movie

Mark Millar was commentating on the Patriot act and the state of the US at the time

The movie is saying nothing

MCU IM is Ultimate Iron Man with less alcoholism. So two steps removed from the main universe but still adapted from a comic.

probably bait but you just described BvsS. nobody had any build up or character arc. they were just crammed into one movie trying to catch up to marvel.

literally the only appealing thing about BvsS were how cool batman and superman are.

fans of BvsS are oblivious to the fact that batman, superman, or wonder woman have any character traits beyond angry.

superman and wonder woman are literally nothing like their source material.

this is completely objective. BvsS was all sizzle and no steak,

Because they're adaptions that mostly stick true to the core of the characters despite the limitations that the film format presents.

Seem reason people adore Donner's Superman.

Why the fuck does it need to be meta commentary exactly? Having commentary is not the same as being good. It was still a shit story.

>why do people who like superhero comics like superhero movies

Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me, user.

The film was better just based on the fact that Tony Stark wasn't portrayed as a stand in for Adolf Hitler.

But you're right, a single film should have covered all of the same ground as a seven issue series.

I would rather watch a well put together action movie that doesn't have any grand message than a poorly written comic that does a bad job handling a generic political idea.

>Millars work said something, it had character arcs

Even if you're a Millarfag he's actually written some good things. Civil War is straight up cartoonish garbage after the first two issues. Why defend it?

>Mark Millar was trying and failed miserably to comment on the Patriot act and the state of the US at the time

Fixed

Stop deflecting, they both shit

>Millars work said something

And it was garbage.

literally the lowest common denominator

>trying to cram important character traits, story lines, and fine tooth comb specifics that match the comics in a 90 to 120 minute movie

>comics can do this for months with a single story arc

Some of you expect too much from those movies

>see this on friday night
>theatre literally fully of children and manchildren
>like 8 year olds
>rest is fat neckbeards wearing marvel shirts
>something remotely funny happens
>entire threatre laughing
>oh shit scene
>audience claps
>movie ends
>audience claps

I wasn't surprised this basically sums up the target audience for Marvel movies. The movie was incredibly mediocre. The actions scenes were the best part and they still kind of sucked. I'd give the movie a 6.5 out of 10.

>expecting character arcs is too much

That's the core of a proper film, without it, it's nothing but an action flick

>The movie was incredibly mediocre
>I'd give the movie a 6.5 out of 10
Kek

So, which were you? Child, manchild, or neckbeard?

Yeah but do you eally expect them to Capture the essence of Captain America from the comics? Who at this point has been around for DOZENS of years now

In the movies, Steves only been unfrozen for a few years. He has his morals. Give the guy some time Togo through some shit .

All three.

Sounds like neckbeard, but probably not one wearing a Marvel shirt.

>BvsS
It's BvS. The title doesn't have vs in it

>I'd rather watch something that succeeds than something that fails
literally worse than hitler

no one wants 100% accurate comics movies. it's exactly like an alt universe where it's mostly the same characters but not 100% and that's how it should be.

when they try to retell something instead of having something original it's always fucking retarded.

Everyone's going to disagree but I think that at this point, the MCU is better than 616 is.
The main marvel universe is a shit show and it has been so for a long while now.

Besides that, we have a certain level of quality with the movies (MCU only) that even though it's not very satisfactory, it cannot drop much lower. That's a good thing cause when you compare to the quality of comics we're getting for like, the past 15 years, but at least we know what to expect from the movies. I mean, come on, we all have to admit that the majority of the comics we've been getting for a while now, have been shit.
So, yeah, the movies aren't that great, still... better than the actual comics at this point though.
And someone has to come out and admit it finally, the Civil War event in the comics sucked shit right out of a granny's ass. At least the movie was entertaining.

Both are mediocre/shit

Comics have a higher chance of producing something good

I would qualify this by saying that there are indeed some plebs who believe that comics are an inferior medium and think that something needs to be in live action to "matter" and those people might push for 1 to 1 adaptions because they can't enjoy the source material as it is. But anyone who actually enjoys comics knows that there is nothing wrong with the original story in its original form and they can just read it again if they want. You don't gain anything by having people act out comic panels.

>Comics have a higher chance of producing something good
eeehhh.

Given the volume of them, it's just logic

Superior Foes, Superior IM were both quite good

Mathematically he is correct. More comics come out than movies so even if the success rate is low you're more likely to get more good comics in a year than good movies. Even if it's only one book (see: Vision) it's more good installments than good movies.

Though a good TV series is obviously better than both given consumption times.

>calculating probability by volume
>not percentage
Don't be fucking stupid.

>movies
>100% mediocre

>comics
>90% shit
>10% great

If you're not the one producing it then it doesn't matter. End result is more good comics than good movies.

>movies
>100% mediocre
Don't worry Ben. Snyder can't possible fuck up the next one.

This. In fact, the movies generally are. Stay mad, faggots.

That's how it is but then OP doesn't have an argument.
He complains about "normies" not getting the importance of the source material of those movies... while the comics' creators themselves shit all over it now.

And everyone has to admit, despite how mediocre the movies are still entertaining. I can't say the same for the comics.
Even this '10% great' is only great by comparison to how bad the rest of them are.

I thought this movie had a lot of arcs. I like how Tony kept fuming more and more until he finally blew his top at the end, solidifying that he only acts out of guilt and emotion rather than heroism

I don't even know what point you're trying to make.

>it had character arcs

All of them consisting of
>hey, this is my decision
>hmm, it would seem my decision has lead to unforeseen (to me, but not to everybody else) trouble
>welp, I guess I chose poorly, better hit this other dude in the face

That shit I took 2 hours ago was better than Millar's CW.

>End result is more good comics than good movies.

But the civil war comics weren't good

If it wasn't for Cap getting capped nobody would give a fuck about them

I feel like being better than that isn't hard to do

You forgot Spider-man unmasking

You are having trouble following the flow of discussion. No one is saying the Civil War comics were good. This was about whether the MCU is better than 616 and people disagreed because there's still more good 616 stuff than good MCU stuff.

>That's the core of a proper film, without it, it's nothing but an action flick

Sup Sup Forums?

>implying the comics aren't way worse than the MCU since they don't have one actor for the character giving a consistent performance and one overall showrunner making sure everything else is consistent and are just written by thousands of different people making a complete clusterfuck of barely existent character progression and canon

>MCU IM and 616 IM are almost opposites
Not true anymore thanks to Bendis and movie synergy.

>AWESOME FACIAL HAIR BROS!

And thank God(Bendis) for that. Tony used to suck completely.

Why do you want to watch a movie that follows the source material? You've already read the comic. Don't you want to see something new?

This is a good point. I hated Coraline (the book) but I loved the movie.

true

>They judge characters based on how "cool" they are
every Starkfag ever

The weird thing is MCU Tony isn't even like that, he's mostly sarcastic and snarky, I don't think we've ever seen him genuinely happy.

They keep getting it right, and I'm starting to love the movies as much as I loved the comics.

Keep telling yourself that.

Not even baiting.

t. has never read Marvel in their lives

BATMAN V SUPERMAN FANS BTFO

>Don't you want to see something new?
It's not new, it's the same shit we've gotten in the other Marvel films.

Because I'm not an autist and like seeing my characters on screen and being portrayed on the big screen in actual motion pictures

>Thinks comicbook Civil War was political commentary
>calls other people normies

>They
why are you judging the movie based on what other people who watch it do instead of you know... the movie itself?

But it's different from the comic, that's the point. You have to take the movies as a whole. Just like other people are saying in the thread, the MCU is basically another comics universe but done on screen instead of in print. You wouldn't be saying it's all the same shit comparing Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man, they're supposed to be similar because they're in the same universe.

This. Millar destroyed Iron Man

view it in a vacuum

>Millars work said something,
Uh uh, you're not getting me. have your (you) and fuck off.

Even in a narrative vacuum, Millar's CW is shit.

>Mark Millar was commentating on the Patriot act and the state of the US at the time
So he aimed low and still failed.

At least the Russos managed to explore Cap and Tony's most intimate flaws in an interesting character drama between them. Millar didn't do jack shit but fumble around a political debate that had absolutely no similarity to the Superhero Registration Act, but for some reason, still tried to use it as a narrative counterpart.

JUST DIIIIIG A LITTLE DEEPER

>At least the Russos managed to explore Cap and Tony's most intimate flaws in an interesting character drama between them.
they didn't

>Normies

Get off your high (eight legged, Asgardian) horse, you fucking neckbeard.

Just because you've read a few books, doesn't make you the arbiter of the lore.

No character, not ONE is the same as the 'source material? Everything has gone through countless re-boots and re-imaginings. If you want something that hasn't, try the Qua'ran... I hear that's supposed to be mostly 'true to the source material' [citation needed]

The films are not made for the comic fans, they're made to be marketed to the people who were too busy fucking the head cheerleader to bother reading. Deal with it, and stop spraying your autism all over the Internet.

doesn't explain why some on Sup Forums like it

Because they're fun.

Also, if I'm being honest, the majority of the MCU films are far better than most marvel comics in the past five or so years.