If God is all powerful then he cannot be all good

If God is all powerful then he cannot be all good.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/o16LYXilz4b3MpHrB1Dfsg==/page/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Humans labeled God as all powerful, he may not be.

He is not all good, but all good is God there he is all the good.

Pretty sure God can be whatever he wants

Beatitudes

piss jars

>he
DID YOU JUST ASSUME GOD'S GENDER?!?A

This is a dumb line.

How does power relate to someones morally relativistic idea of 'good'?

This is the kind of bullshit that sound smart but is actually retarded. DC is just as dumb as Marvel quipkino

Immorality is good to me, so Lex BTFO

i showed my normie friend this movie and he said it might have been the worst movie he ever saw.

>cute God trap with a cuter feminine cosmic penis.
tfw never jerk it off desu.

I bet Snyder thought of that line when he was in high school.

>my movie has more christian allegories so it's deeper

Inside the mind of a Snyderfag....

>deliver me from daddy's fist
C A P E K I N O

OCD-EU general?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/o16LYXilz4b3MpHrB1Dfsg==/page/1/

>Snyder thought of that line

But user, if God is all powerful he can stop evil from happening. He doesn't, therefore he either
A) Can't, meaning he's not all powerful
B) Won't because he doesn't care and is therefore not all good
or
C) Doesn't exist

This is like fedora 101 from ancient Greece.

Show him this, I bet he'll love it

i loved man of steel. except for lois. god she was shit. why couldn't they write and cast a good lois like in smallville.

I'm pretty sure there's only one God, ma'am, and he dosen't dress like that.
*laugh track*

>not liking Amy

My god has a hammer.

i like her fine but she was a shit lois.

She's unconventional but then so is the whole DCeU so I'm down with it.

That god could be good or bad is an equal assumption. He can be anything, because he is capable of anything. It would be incorrect to believe one over the other.

>unconventional
if by that you mean boring then sure.

>i loved man of steel

it was great. aside from lois. who by the way i really like as a character, she was just terribly written in mos. it's distracting.

It's different, therefore better.

>it was great.
No, actually it was pretty bad. The last half hour is like cinematic white noise and it has two or three characters in it, neither of which is superman. Pretty baffling film, I wonder how the director keeps getting work.

well i disagree. obviously.

It seems WB loves it too, considering what they did with Suicide Squad and the new Justice League trailer.

They just know what stupid low effort shit it takes to get people to go to the theater. People don't want something they have to think about. They want something they can laugh at. Suicide Squad is pretty bad and it made 700 million +

think about that. I doubt Justice League is going to be wall to wall comedy. They just put the funny stuff in the trailer to reel the normies in.

>They just know what stupid low effort shit it takes to get people to go to the theater. People don't want something they have to think about. They want something they can laugh at.
I guess that's why they keep hiring Zack Snyder.

Do people not get this? If you gained ultimate power, would you deal with little shit like a kid getting beat by his dad? No, you'd fuck off and go use your power. That's what Lex is saying here.

what

The line in the OP. Lex's whole plan was set in motion because he hated God. Superman was God to many people on earth.

yeah my what is

>would you deal with little shit like a kid getting beat by his dad? No, you'd fuck off and go use your power.

for what? if you had all power, all the time everywhere, why would you ignore a kid getting beaten by their dad?

>If you gained ultimate power, would you deal with little shit like a kid getting beat by his dad?
Superman would. That's why he's superman and not Angstwrath or whatever the hot new anti-hero from image comics is called. He's the epitome of a role model.

Even though it's a line from Spider-Man, "with great power comes great responsibility" perfectly encapsulates Superman as well. He's there to teach children that being good makes good things happen, not that flattening cities gets you statues built.

I get the ancient Greek argument but it falls apart because of moral relativism and presumption that the fact that allowing 'evil' to occur is evil itself which is another moral argument.

None of this applies to Superman anyway because he is nowhere near omnipotent.

Superman tries to help everyone. He isn't a utilitarian figure and doesn't weigh how many people he can save by ignoring the injustice in front of him. In fact, this line of thinking supports Superman's actions in Man of Steel but then Luthor jerks off for two hours about gods ignoring man

>Snyder thought of that line
HHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

MARVELFATS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS

This is yet another Sup Forums thread. How do you faggots do it day after day with this retardation? You don't have to keep this decade long habit alive.

>I wonder how the director keeps getting work.

He's married to an executive. That's literally the only reason he keeps getting these jobs.

fucking poetry, man. Not DC shill or even capekino-memeing. But that shit is fucking quality film making.

People treat him like he is. People in the movies almost act like he is, or has to be. Same with people who try to tear BvS down.

>he's SUPERMAN, how come he didn't perform X thing that would've made everything better?

Lex wants to show people that. That he's just this fallible, mortal piece of shit.

She hired him to direct Reebok commercials. Then they founded Cruel and Unusual Films together in 2004. Im sure you know his filmography starting with DOTD to now. Can you tell me how you think Deborah Snyder has gotten him any of these movie gigs? You make it sound like she has Hollywood clout.

every time he doesn't save a person, hes being shown as fallible.

Hes just slightly less fallible than the real god, who's never done shit since he doesn't exist.

No. Did you miss the whole prometheus speech? He doesn't hate his dad or God. He wants others to watch him as prometheus, he is just a bad guy that wants to do bad shit and superman makes him feel bad. He isn't a human supremacist, he isn't a beaten kid, or an atheist, he is just an Ubercunt. Everything he says is a lie, to other or even to himself.

So lex, basically, wants to prove to people that praying for/to superman is a waste of time because hes just a dude who can fly and the chances of him saving anyone are astronomically low, on the same level as winning the lottery.

Meaning lex's entire character arc was summarized in a cleaner, more compotent fashion by a throwaway line in TDK.

>you've got a better chance of winning the lottery than running into him

Which means snyder built 3 hours of movie and several characters around a concept that was better articulated by five seconds of a nolan movie.

Bravo.

But superman isn't all-powerful.

and snyder's superman isn't remotely close to all good

>crushing some lois pussy when people are dying all around the world

Did you just come up with that?

Read the post just before yours you dumbass.

Something that is all good should be good from all frames of reference, though.

Lex wanted to kill superman solely because darksied told him to. Thats is just the way he went about it.

Humans labeled good and it may not be.

>Implying you wouldnt

Well in TDK Superman had stopped saving people mostly and was working for the government. In BvS he was basically just saving people all the time everywhere. His life was Lois, getting groceries, reporting, and saving people. Saving people was his hobby and passion. So I'd say the odds of seeing him in BvS were a bit higher.

But really you are being dumb, it was about Lex trying to change the public perception. The world treated him like a god, one that most people were starting the think was a truly altruistic one. So he wanted to prove them wrong. And he did. And it only made them like Superman more.

see

thats the point, that he actually isn't. Superman and Lex actually want the same thing, to show the world that he is just a guy trying hard to do the right thing. Lex just went about it in a very evil and definitive way. Its not about literally proving it, its about changing public perceptions

>allowing 'evil' to occur
If you are all powerful, you don't simply allow things to occur, you are the cause of all things happening.

If Superman cums inside Lois, wouldn't it blow a hole through her vagina?

Yes, Superman 2 covered this you pleb. He had to give up his power.

No but Kryptonian cum is physically addicting to humans.

If God was all powerful, would our sense of morality really matter to him?

"Do you consider insects crawling about the Earth to be foolish? Even if insects struggle, the difference between you and them is so great that you don't exactly give a damn. That's exactly how I feel about you humans."

And who is to define good?

love these retarded threads

Yes if he was also all good since he would seek goodness from all frames of reference.

Humans are not all good, they eat living animals when dead plant parts would suffice.

Daily reminder that Superman is a Jewish power fantasy.

She's essentially the only good female DCEU star next to Robbie. Every other actress is a miscast

>implying plants don't have feelings

all life is precious shitlord

there is only one TDK and its not a comic book, yo

Everyone loves Guardians, though

>its that one guy who thinks the lex ship scenes are non-linear

goddamn man

They produce expendable fruits, seeds, and leaves from the abundance of the sun's energy that are meant to be cast off from the main plant and consumed by animals that can spread their dna.

Nope

Negative famalam.

God created animals to benefit humans. Whether it's providing us with fur for warmth or meat for food. I'm pretty sure that's in the beginning of the bible.

Cellophane Superman2 is not Canon

jfc. this is the IQ of marvelfags

Eisenberg should have gotten an Oscar for this performance. fuck the haters

This flick is such garbage

That was from before the humans corrupted the world with death and pain which are suppose to be avoided.

I don't get why they tried to force this so hard. Superman is quite obviously not all powerful. He's basically just a guy that can fly really fast and punch things really hard while being hard to kill. I mean you can try to argue that people worship him as a god but people have worshiped non-all powerful gods for centuries.

God doesn't give a shit about your human concept of "good," only what he thinks is good. He thinks that you bowing down and worshiping him all the time is good because it amuses him, he also seems to rather enjoy human suffering and sees it as good - think about the torture of Job. God literally let his entire family be killed and livelihood destroyed just to settle a bet with satan - humans are just slaves/subjects for him to toy with as he pleases. And clearly he doesn't care too much about hunger or disease or sexually abused orphan children because that shit happens all the time. And he's perfectly willing to let you go to hell for eternity if you don't believe in him, even though he made you with 5 senses that can't detect him. Ultimate troll right there.

God just doesn't care about humanity the way a lot of people think he does. Unless you join his little circlejerk you can literally go to hell for all he cares.

>Every other actress is a miscast

THIS IS KUTANAH

SHE'S GOT MUH HEART

Hence why the film was doomed from takeoff. The script is retarded nonsense.

He definitely should have won an Oscar for his portrayal of the Joker.

>DC babbys think bibical allegories and references to Greek mythology make something profound

Fucking weebs ripping off Dr. Manhattan

but that was his son

>The comparison to his father and Superman is parallel. He views them both as equal with the same level of power and authority. The sins of Lex weigh heavily on his son. Its a burden he carries the rest of his life and changes the way he views the world as he grows up. If one single person has immense power, whether it be wealth, or in Superman's case, presumed immortality and strength, then they cannot have good intentions. Not even Alexander Luthor himself.
Is this what capekino feels like?

You know that's something that's in the comics too, right? The only other way it could work is like the Samaritan in Astro City who has given up ever having a life of his own to help people 24/7.

I really don't think he was that bad, he's a neurotic and possibly autistic Silicon Valley millionaire. Of course he's gonna be a bit out there.

see

>he's a neurotic and possibly autistic Silicon Valley millionai

that's what's he's aming for though

I think the limitations of this statement go back to Lex's own narcissism and his assumptions about human nature. Lex can't imagine that anyone else in a position of power wouldn't end up as greedy and power hungry as himself. So he projects his own limitations on human nature and then in turn on the divine.

For example, take the time in the comics where Lex had Superman's secret identity analyzed by a super computer. When the computer correctly determined that Superman was indeed Clark Kent, Lex wouldn't accept the result because he couldn't comprehend a godlike being willingly living the life of a meek individual like Clark Kent.

Given Lex's moral blind spots, it's appropriate that he'd employ this kind of circular logic for his own justification.