Is Sup Forums retarded?

This is your chance to prove youre not a low IQ, basement dwelling, insecure, socially inept, degenerate.

Tell me everything you know about the petrodollar, the dollar as the world reserve currency and its ties with recent wars.

If you don't know the significance of the petrodollar and its links to the global oil markets then GTFO and learn this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Xw5tWsOQo
energy.gov/maps/us-crude-oil-production-surpasses-net-imports
youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it buys me weed

>PhD in math
>300k starting
>any job I want

If you fuck with Saudi's/Bush/Clinton by supporting the PEOPLE over GLOBALISM they will fucking murder you.

Last time I was IQ tested, I scored 164. I'm half-black btw.

Prove you're not a faggot.

Pro tip: you can't

Why don't you tell me about the petrodollar clever bollocks

wtf i hate my degree now

Trading them right now.I'd tell you what I know but not for free.

youre a literal genius
research it yourself you lazy twat

A Jewish trick invented by the jews.

>Thinly veiled "Redpill me on X" thread
reported

So in short the petrodollar is:

US Currency + Foreign Oil + Military Aid

Am I right? If not pls tell me

>Tell me everything you know about the petrodollar, the dollar as the world reserve currency and its ties with recent wars.

Niggers.

so, how many lamborghinis or ferraris do you own, pleb?

Black?

Go back.

do you're own homework you low IQ, basement dwelling, insecure, socially inept, degenerate.

I know Saudi Arabia only accepts USD for their oil, which is giving it unwarranted market value, and that when the US/saudi relationship tanks the US economy will take a hit

It's some NWO, Rothschild, /x/ shit just fuck off already

ITT people who don't know the significance of the Canadian Tire dollar

>the petrodollar
an economic concept which will not exist in a century.

excuse me... ** /s4s/ shit **

Information collection

Sage

Why did you even start this thread you blundering thundercunt?

Was it to feel superior to others buy spouting a bunch of buzzwords you barely understand?

If you do understand them, and think they are that important, why don't you feel the need to 'educate' others of their importance.

This thread seems like a circle jerk to inflate some unearned sense of superiority.

And yes, I do have some understanding of the petrodollar, alongside the role it has played in many modern conflicts.

>no one answers

Nixon detached the dollar from gold in the early 70's to pay for the Vietnam war. He made a deal with the Saudis after the Yom Kippur war to base the US dollar off of OPEC oil in exchange for guaranteed protection and a base on their soil. Saudis get security and money, we get free wealth and the ability to print money like madmen.

Iraq decided to start selling their oil in Euros and paid with their sovereignty when tanks rolled into mesopotamia and attack jets filled the skies.

Now, Iraq sells their oil in US dollars and western oil companies pump the majoirty of Iraqi oil despite the constantly parroted deflection that most contracts are now Chinese, ignoring the size of the respective contracts.

The Petrodollar is the reason why we have taken the Middle East under effective control. Iran is next, maybe even the Saudis if they don't play ball.

To be fair, I'm not a Sup Forumsack, I'm a lefitst.

>Why did you even start this thread you blundering thundercunt?
to see if Sup Forums has any awareness of it

You don't have to mention the Rothschild once to explain the petrodollar and its link to foreign policy in US Central Command of this planet.

Prove you're not a shill faggot

>This thread seems like a circle jerk to inflate some unearned sense of superiority.

Because it is a wank. Asking people to prove they know about something on the internet is indicative of a lack of critical thinking. You might as well ask people to prove they are capable of using Google.

Lamborghini and Ferrari are shit brands.

Ferrari especially, Enzo was a cheat who would rather drag other cars down to his level than build a better car.

Weed is smuggled in from South America, so that's more like the Pedrodollar reserve currency

The term petrodollar refers to the unwritten agreement between U.S and some gulf states such as Saudi Arabia that involves the U.S giving protection to these countries against their enemies (i.e., Saudi vs Iran). In return, Saudi Arabia agrees to always settle their massive oil transactions in U.S dollars. Since most of the world is dependent on oil, this creates a massive demand for U.S dollars.

As far as the U.S being a reserve currency, that was decided after the second world war with the Bretton Woods agreement, where the U.S dollar would be the reserve currency for the whole world, but it had to always honor the convertibility of it to gold. However, in 1971, U.S president Nixon closed what is called the "gold window" so the convertibility to gold was basically abolished (it was temporary at first, but as with everything government does, temporary usually becomes permanent). This is a cool video of the address:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Xw5tWsOQo

As to how this ties to recent wars is debatable and mostly unclear to me, but I think Saddam was talking about not settling his oil contracts in U.S dollars right before he was toppled?

Right, Iran's involvement is what makes it interesting.
It lays out a foundation for a possible spark for WW3.
>Iran under American and UN sanctions cannot trade freely with foreign countries.
>Iran cannot process its own oil so it sells its crude oil for processed oil with Russia and China.
>This exchange of oil directly violates the petrodollar.
>As a result, the US needed to close in more so than ever on Iran.
>But unlike Libya and Iraq, the US cant lay a finger on Iran. Russia and China will not allow it.
>Insert the Syrian War.
>Assad is Iran's closest ally.
>Remove Assad, close in on iran's sphere of influence, annex Syria
>The use of rebels come into this and this is how ISIS does America's dirty work.
>The nuclear deals with Iran shows that diplomacy can solve problems. The lifting of sanctions enables Iran to continue exchanging oil with dollars.

first person to prove youre not a retard, even if you are a lefty

>This thread seems like a circle jerk to inflate some unearned sense of superiority.

So I was right?

Its not just the Saudis. Its the default currency for all of OPEC, and recycling these vast funds into national economies has sometimes proved problematic (see dutch disease for the simplest overview of why this would happen, or alternatively the regulation surrounding the investment of Norwegian petro-income as a solution).

This in turn leads countries such as the Saudis to hold vast reserves of US dollars, allowing the US to effectively print money without incurring inflation at the rate it would otherwise.

All in all it allows the US to prop up the value of its currency effectively giving it 'points' on every trade made in the biggest primary commodity market that exists.

Also, the potential instability in the petro-dollar caused by continuing to sanction Saddam in the face of massive unfilled global demand seem to me to be one of the more convincing reasons for the 2003 invasion.

The US was faced with a choice to either unsanction Saddam, giving him huge amounts of money to rebuild a war machine, or risk the decline of the petro-dollar as other producing countries sought to insure themselves against the attendant bubble in US dollars by diversifying the currencies they traded for oil...

tldr; Who controlled the oil output of Iraq was much less relevant than keeping the spice flowing and making sure it was traded in USD...

it trades the Benjamins for the black benjamins

You asket too much from pol

These anons here are only to talkshit against islam, religion wich i dont love but it just a little part of what is happening

Back in the old days these guys were happy enough to fuck a fat white chick, work quite hard and further the white race. If you don't support going back to those days you're a faggot and you should be hung immediately.

If you were smart you would provide a series of steps and policies to be implemented that would stop this corruption when it comes to money.

>GTFO and learn this shit
the petrodollar doesn't control world currency. the u.s. defense budget does.

i never said it was. the petrodollar is the name given to the exchanging of oil for dollars. the US imports oil and exports dollars.
The world reserve currency is the dollar which just means that its the dominant global currency the same way that English is the world's lingua franca

The only answer is complete and utter destruction of the Jewish corpocracy known as America

Funnily enough, one of the more famous pieces of research to deal with this (Fearon and Laitin, 2003, Ethnicity, Insurgency, and Civil War), found that when you control for oil production, Islam is no more violent than any other religion...

Its more of a footnote in this article and you are better off looking at Fearon 2004 piece for a fuller exposition of the authors understanding of why this effect occurs.

Some of us actually are just roleplaying retards user...

Actually and Officially it is all of OPEC not just the Saudis.

and why is it the reserve currency?
>the u.s. defense budget

your knowledge is sophomoric. i like your spirit but, it;s a zeitgeist level babbling.

Do your own damn homework.

They don't import it all in exchange for US dollars it's even worse than that they make sure all oil producing countries sell all oil to every country buying it in U.S. Dollars giving America a free pass to create money that gets its value from stealing a share of other countries resources. Saddam wanted to trade his oil for euros instead... America made up a lie and murdered him, Gaddafi wanted gold for his oil Hillary had him killed next is Syria... America this is why Middle eastern people are willing to blow them selves up to kill you...

>the US imports oil
It has been a net exporter of oil since 2014.

energy.gov/maps/us-crude-oil-production-surpasses-net-imports

>from stealing a share of other countries resources

get a better army then.

>when you control for oil production, Islam is no more violent than any other religion...

That makes no sense -just a meaningless jumble of words.

It's just the facts I don't mind you are robbing a bunch of sand niggers you should just understand how your imperialist government works

>when you control for oil production, Islam is no more violent than any other religion
stealing the resouces of the others make them less violent?

Who wrote this? Satan?

If you are a christian, you are thinking worse than a muslims

>and without america, Stalin would have liberated europe and set the middle east free!!!

-be grateful for what you have straya

>kill all non believers cause Make oil

>weed can't be cultivated in north america

A commie overlord instead of the Jewish ones we have now?

>you understand econometric analysis
Trust me, it means something.

Specifically, the models developed by these authors found that the presence of oil production is more thoroughly associated with violence than the presence of Islam, implying that oil drives the apparent relationship between Islam and violence, at least in terms of the specified model.

Congratulations showing the clear limits of your understanding in relation to political research though...

Hol up America produces oil tho? Where is their Islamists?

Why Bernie Sanders?

Its worth noting these authors are solely concerned with internal conflict and civil war.

The argument outlined by these authors is that the existence of rents from oil income means they fail to develop diversified economies, can fund a repressive security apparatus, and leads them to have a direct interest in blocking the development of a vibrant civil society, which could lead to the emergence of challengers to power who could threaten their continued access to control of the state and therefore control of oil rents.

Sounds like academics trying to blame white people for brown people's barbaric nature

Come on Bazza, we are talking tendencies, not absolutes.

And the US also has a diversified economy, as does Norway, which minimizes the extent to which they are vulnerable to these effects.

As far as I recall, a countries risk of violent internal conflict peaks when oil production (as opposed to refining) accounts for around 30% of gdp.

You sound like a liberal getting offended by fact, in fact not even fact but econometric models.

I haven't even asserted my opinion on the matter, merely that of highly decorated researchers...

>Northwestern US
>Gulf of mexico
>Gulf of Cali
>venezuela and friends
>Huehue land
>Leafland and the arctic waste that have shit tons of oil under them.
>Russia and the Norwegians realizing that they too have access to this arctic with the liquid gold beneath it.
>new methods of oil extraction that make drilling in difficult areas more feasible
>China and the south sea adventures

I could keep going, but I hope you get where I am going with this. The world has moved past the middle east for oil. That is where the easy oil is but the global oil powers have realized that that area of the world is more trouble than it is worth.

Why do you think the Saudis flooded the market last year? They are trying to drown the competition as a last ditch effort to stay relevant. It slowed the progress but it didn't stop it.

I'd say it's more Americas special access programs and meddling that causes problems for these governments constant civil wars to replace American puppets it's not the oil producing that leads to this it's the control of the oil that causes fights. Are you suggesting an oil free Islam would be peaceful? Haha

Oh man you've clearly outwitted him...

The oil must flow

I don't see what you point of contention is here.

Many places have always produced oil.

As far as I know, the norwiegan oil fund is the single largest bank account in the world, behind only that of the Californian state government workers retirement fund.

It has been like that for ages. And relative to the GDP of the region, oil production is hands down the most important form economic activity, which is the measure relevent to what I am disscussing.

>Why do you think the Saudis flooded the market last year?

Another explanation is market failure. In order to maintain income in the face of falling prices (which is extremely important for countries which rely on resource rents), countries must produce more oil, flooding the market and further depressing markets.

>implying the commies aren't the jews

I was implying that communist (jews)
Would be no different to the current American Jews

>Americas special access programs and meddling that causes problems for these governments

If you want, but these researchers are well within the US mainstream so they aren't going to favor those types of explanations.

>Are you suggesting an oil free Islam would be peaceful?

I am not suggesting anything. What this research suggest is that the production of oil/gdp offers a better statistical fit to internal conflict than the presence of Islam, implying it is a better explanation in statistical terms at least.

Why is this so hard to wrap your head around?

I wasn't trying to outwit him. There was no wit in his post in the first place.

I mean how are white people responsible for the choices in governance styles made by elites who rely on oil for income.

In fact here
he blames the big bad US instead of white people, which is just as meaningless as an explanation AFAIC

so why the hate towards america and not the only variable found in all foreseen scenarios?

You are regurgitating a study by left leaning academics that is trying to create a scape goat (oil production) to justify Islamic violence.
I understand you view point I just think it's PC bullshit

Hahaha see "white people" are to blame you lefty indoctrinated dumb ass

I'm white I've never forced a Islamist to blow me up because he was producing too much oil

I blame America because the worlds oil is being sold in U.S. Dollars not white people dollars you sheep fucker

Sure thing. When an illegal immigrant works in America and gets paid in cash, he often wires a portion of that money out of the country to help his extended family in Mexico. That means that, while that money is leaving our economy, it is also causing an inflated demand for the dollar that allows the Fed to introduce more cash into the system without affecting inflation. Those are pedrodollars.

>Fearon and Laitin
>Left leaning

Bruh, I have studied this in depth. These guys aren't left leaning. They are simply reporting their findings.

In the follow up study, Fearon states that failure to observe contract law and property rights is one of the things that precludes diverse development and fucks these countries up.

And just because it doesn't say 'hurr durr Islam is the greatest threat the world ever faced' you are dismissing their study without even reading it.

Its pathetic and underscores the types of explanations you can deal with.

It's what has kept america powerful. Any country that tries to sell oil without the dollar gets rekt by our petrodollar enforcement arm.

>study something
>OMG YOU ARE SO INDOCTRINATED

I never said white people, you did.

The Saudi royal family aren't white any more than Omar al Bashir is.

What is your point? Do you even have one beyond mindless tard rage?

You should re read your posts

petro? well we got that oil shit here, and a lot of natural gas ofc, we invented the first forms of biological WMDs, such as lutefisk,gravlax,får i kål, dried fish you name it....

je we don't care so much about shekels really, or oil, we care about fisk. The fisk has always been there, and always will. Oil come and go, though our gov has wasted the chance of a golden age.....

(nor again)

Which ones?

Because the ones where I say white people are responsible don't exist.

The ones where I absolve local elites of ultimate responsibility don't exist.

I have no idea where the mental gymnastics you have made to come up with whatever strawman you are entertaining come from.

So maybe it is up to you to show me...

Like I said, I am merely reporting on one of the more notable pieces of research that I have read on this topic.

No it isn't, just last year all the guys I do systems for in Oregon & Cali produced around 20k lbs..

You need me to point it out? You don't even know what you have said

(You)
he blames the big bad US instead of white people, which is just as meaningless as an explanation AFAIC

The CIA de-stablized the middle east in order to flood the European union with refugees, and begin the dissolution of the EU. Ending the chances of the Euro becoming the global petro based economy.

Can you read? The point is that blamingf 'white people' is equally meaningless to blaming 'the big bad US'.
Both are completely unsatisfactory as anything resembling a coherent explanation.

Do they even teach reading comprehension over there?

Holy fuck you are truly stupid.

I am actually starting to feel sorry for you.

> implying oil production is responsible for making you into a one eyebrowed barbarian

I don't have the time to red pill your dumb ass on the Middle East just keep living on your nice little world of Jewish research papers

>muh redpill
>Its da jooooooos

The last refuge of a stunted intellect.

Call me when you can deal with anything more complex than your fantasies of persecution.

But its not going to happen as long as you are sniffing petrol and punching billy bongs faggot.

You mean Kissinger?
Every time the petrodollar is brought up, the thread slides. Hm, wonder why.
That's the tl;dr version, what you're missing is how we turn bond auctions into worthless fiat, the only worth it really has is people need it to buy oil. Watch this:
youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0
Then substitute the banks buying at bond auctions with, oh, most of the world. Get the picture?
Correct, we are currently in the middle of a quiet currency war with many countries and the dollar is far weaker than people imgine.
Good answer.
Sup Forums frequently is too busy replying to five ayes bait threads ("nigger this nigger that", "muh aryan", etc.) so the answer is, very little awareness. There are a few that have read up and realize the tomfuckery that is afoot.
Also very much correct, the Nixon Shock was followed on by the birth of the petrodollar.
All the chess pieces are in position, the trap is waiting to be sprung. Too few readers of critical news, too many people looking for tits and ass.
>Its the default currency for all of OPEC
I'm not disagreeing but I would love - love - to have confirmation of this. This deepens the impact of it even further if true.
>Who controlled the oil output of Iraq was much less relevant than keeping the spice flowing
The spice must flow... sometimes I wonder if Herbert was "aluding" to oil...
Implies that the knowledge is common and easily available - hence the request. Spreading it to be common knowledge would make homework possible.
Yeah, yeah, and look at how our economy (nevermind the water table) is doing... exports = fewer foreign bond auctions... it won't last. The Saudis are already dumping on the market to depress pricing and drive frackers out of business.
>The world has moved past the middle east for oil.
Interesting insight.

Nice, saved. I keep stockpiling bits and pieces like this. Some day I might send a dump, then again Sup Forums would either (a) have an aneurysm or (b) the thread would be actively slid.

>mfw reading this thread

The irony...

Bumpity bump the thread. Don't you die on me...

It will die, but I'm le curious idiot choosing images with storefront, so I will continue to research what I can. Thank you for the information.

If you find anything, come back soon...before this turns into digital vapor.