WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

>Director James Gunn added Ego as Star-Lord's father before learning that the characters rights belonged to 20th Century Fox. The studio eventually traded Ego to Marvel Studios in exchange for Negasonic Teenage Warhead, who appeared in DEADPOOL.

>Gunn was advised against including a particular alien race, the Sneeps, because their name resembles the Icelandic slang for female genitalia. The studio eventually relented to their appearance.

>Early drafts included the Nova Empire. John C. Reilly and Glenn Close were approached to return as Daenerian Rhoman Dey and Nova Prime Irani Rael, but Reilly was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, and was ultimately written out alongside Rael.

>Early drafts included the Collector, but Benicio Del Toro couldn't return to scheduling conflicts.

>Early drafts featured Adam Warlock as the Sovereigns' secret weapon, but the character was ultimately cut as he was superfluous to the narrative.

>Early cuts featured a longer segment on Earth including cameo appearances from Nathan Fillion as fictional actor Simon Williams and Gregg Henry as Grandpa Quill in a scene filled with Easter Eggs but both were ultimately cut from the movie.

>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.

>Early cuts featured a minor scene of Drax loudly slurping soup to his teammates' annoyance which was cut for time.

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.

>David Bowie was slated for a cameo before his death in 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/news/1584980/the-deal-marvel-struck-with-fox-that-helped-deadpool-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first movie.

>Peyton Reed and Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck were approached to direct the movie before James Gunn was hired.

>Nicole Perlman wrote the first - and very different - draft of the script: Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.

>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative.

>Early drafts featured Bug as a member of the team; appearances by Adam Warlock and Rom, the Space Knight; and included the Badoon as Ronan's army and the Spartoi as the Krees' lifelong enemies.

>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing" and Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky".

>Early cuts featured Stan Lee as one of the items in the Collector's inventory, but it was cut for being too meta.

>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton auditioned for Star-Lord before Chris Pratt was cast.

>Gina Carano, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Nichols, Thandie Newton, Elizabeth Banks and Adrianne Palicki auditioned for Gamora before Zoe Saldana was cast.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role. Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa auditioned before Dave Bautista was cast.

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.

>Gal Gadot auditioned for Nebula before Karen Gillian was cast.

>Marvel Studios offered to allow Fox to retain the rights to Daredevil in exchange for using Silver Surfer and Galactus in the movie, but Fox declined.

Dwell in pain everytime how Glenn Howerton was second in line for Starlord
>tfw Golden God didn't become Starlord

Pratt is better.

>Director James Gunn added Ego as Star-Lord's father before learning that the characters rights belonged to 20th Century Fox. The studio eventually traded Ego to Marvel Studios in exchange for Negasonic Teenage Warhead, who appeared in DEADPOOL.

This is misunderstood. 20th century fox already had Negasonic, but they traded Ego for Marvel's permission to make all of the changes to the character that they did.

Source: cinemablend.com/news/1584980/the-deal-marvel-struck-with-fox-that-helped-deadpool-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2

I'm sure glad they picked Chris Pratt

marvel better be glad they got James Gunn because this shit never would have worked without him.

Fuck that dickless male-feminist. Pratt's a man

The first plot reads like farscape.

>Adam Sandler

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Ouch...

Vol.2
>Daenerian Rhoman Dey
What? wasn't he dead? or part of the name is a title?
I don't read comics, sorry if it's a stupid question.

>Early drafts featured Adam Warlock as the Sovereigns' secret weapon, but the character was ultimately cut as he was superfluous to the narrative.
Wasn't he mentioned in the post credits scenes?

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.
Thank god it wasn't none of those 3, if it hadn't been Kurt I would have loved Jeff Bridges for it, he would have pulled it good.

A shame

Vol.1

>Nicole Perlman wrote the first - and very different - draft of the script: Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.
Leave it to a woman to fuck things up, fucking god it would have been shit.

>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton auditioned for Star-Lord before Chris Pratt was cast.
Glad that Pratt won.

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.
I don't have a reaction image that can express how horrible would have been if Adam shit sandler would have been rocket, worst actor in history.

Same as above.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role. Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa auditioned before Dave Bautista was cast.
Ditto

Also
>>Marvel Studios offered to allow Fox to retain the rights to Daredevil in exchange for using Silver Surfer and Galactus in the movie, but Fox declined.
Get fucked fox.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role.
DCucks BTFO

I just came from watching GoTG2.
Anyone know who where those two (I think they were blue or purple) aliens fighting on a planet in the intergalactic jumping scene and the ones talking to Stan Lee in the jumping scene (and in the after credits too)?
I heard stan lee is a character from marvel a watcher, is that true?
What the fuck are the watchers (keep in mind I don't read comics, nothing against them by the way)

Stan Lee's talking to the Watchmen. Blue alien is Dr Manhattan.

They didn't look like Dr.M also isn't Watchmen from DC?
Fuck, now I want to watch watchman again, thanks user.

>Patty Jenkins & Joss Whedon making DC movies now

DC picking up Marvel's unwanted leftovers

Marvel and Disney Comics are technically under the same company since 2009. So all the Marvel vs DC shit is moot.

>>Early drafts featured Bug as a member of the team; appearances by Adam Warlock and Rom, the Space Knight; and included the Badoon as Ronan's army and the Spartoi as the Krees' lifelong enemies.

so much pain in one line.

S-SHUT UP!

>Gal Gadot
Man, really dodged a bullet there. I understand hollywood needs to hire as many jews as possible but that bitch can't act to save her life.

whats wrong with being a male-feminiēewt? I'm a male feminist and I get my dick wet every weekend.

You want the real red pill: It's that human males are biologically hardwired to elevate women. The idea that you need to rebel against that is counter-intuitive thought designed to justify why you're an edgy loser that doesn't fuck.

Women are magic and they're objectively better. They are the sculptors of humanity. The only objective meaning in life is to be appealing to women.

Either accept and embrace what you are or die frustrated and alone.

OH boy. Trying this hard to rationalize your plight. I also get fucked on a regular basis (now with a fiance) and didn't have to stoop to being a numale. It must be incredibly difficult to justify being unable to do the one thing you were created to do - dominate a woman with sexual prowess and form her opinion and world view with that of your own.

Everyone dies alone user. I held my grandmothers hand as she died and the last thing she said was that she didn't want to be alone. When the big flash hits and you are leaving, you are leaving alone. No matter how many runts or lovers surrounds you.

You're lucky and so is she. Most people don't die surrounded by loved ones like in the movies. They get sick, their eyes roll up in the back of their heads, they get on pain killers and drool on themselves then die at 3 am. That's the most common and least painful way anyways.

>(now with a fiance)
lol cuck
>It must be incredibly difficult to justify being unable to do the one thing you were created to do - dominate a woman with sexual prowess
I'm not sure how you think being a feminist means not knowing how to fuck. Or how you apparently don't understand the role that empathy plays when you're trying to smush genitals.
>and form her opinion and world view with that of your own.
You understand that this is something a malignant narcissist or sociopath would say, don't you?

>Intimidated by opposition, seek out someone you can manipulate and coerce.

I'd prefer to have fulfilling empathetic human relationships tbphwyf. I've seen how the controlling psychopath strategy plays out. And you're signing contracts together?

Spoiler alert: You're going to get tired of her but she'll have been incepted by your manipulation and you're going to probably end up wasting years of your life in a passive aggressive toxic relationship. imho.

I'm a cuck for getting married? I think you're crossing your terms Mr. Fem. Cuck is what your empowered girl boss is going to turn you into when she realizes she wants someone to hold her down and make her feel like a weak feminine woman (the thing that women actually get off to).

The role of empathy while *smooshing* genitals? Women that want empathetic romantic sex only seek it from other women or soft men That is until they overcome their mental block (usually from abuse or rejection) and can continue to being a functional female.

There's nothing sociopathic about it. It's what they want whether you like it or not. If you can't give it to them, you'll eventually be pushed aside for someone who can.

Enjoy being the last numale of every girl you date only to receive wedding invitations when they finally land a male with testosterone.

I don't mean being alone when your brain function ceases. I'm talking about dying. The act of dying. It's what we spend most of our lives doing. Death is the roller coaster at the end and life is line. Having someone that you love and respect and that loves and respects you and can comfort you and knows how to calm the anxiety is what life is. All of life is preparing for death. And when you get there you'll be more comfortable and more prepared if you've continued your line and had someone with you whose presence was comforting.

I refuse to think this way. Death is an eventuality that you can't avoid. It's falling off a building and seeing the ground racing towards you.

Might as well do a few backflips and whip your dick out.

what are the chances the fantastic four license has been quietly shifted to marvel (similar to spiderman from sony)?
the watcher(s) are directly related to the fantastic four similar to silver surfer, and they being in the movie and connected to stan lee and his appearances may mean something later down the line.

I bet he would have replaced David Hasselhoff.

Maybe.

Marvel Studios didn't get rights to Spider-Man. It's a deal with Sony

>including cameo appearances from Nathan Fillion

So, has Nathan Fillion's career effectively become "guest star in a show or movie to give it credibility with the nerd audience?"

>I'm a cuck for getting married?
cant be a cuck if all you do is fuck.
>Cuck is what your empowered girl boss
self-employed. wealthy.
>Women that want empathetic romantic sex only seek it from other women or soft men
Didn't fully read whatever seizure you're having hear but there seems to have been a miscommunication on your end. Empathy implies being able to intuit what they're looking for. Some girls are thrill-seekers, some are self-destructive, some are guarded, some are addicts, etc. It's almost like they're all individuals with different motivations and histories or whatever.
>That is until they overcome their mental block (usually from abuse or rejection) and can continue to being a functional female.
honestly not sure what you where trying to say, but you're clearly a predator.
>There's nothing sociopathic about it.
It's basically textbook antisocial or borderline personality shit m8.
>It's what they want whether you like it or not.
you where just talking about exerting your will on them. You where just talking about changing their motivations. Now you're flip flopping.
> If you can't give it to them, you'll eventually be pushed aside for someone who can.
that pretty much applies to any interaction tbphwyf.
>Enjoy being the last numale of every girl you date only to receive wedding invitations when they finally land a male with testosterone.
Why would I receive invitations to weddings of people that I fucked a few times?

And as for relative testosterone I'm doing something right. My tinder profile says "I'm fun" and I have hundreds of matches and a handful of playful friends.

I just love the shit out of girls and/or women. I think you're kind of an edgy faggot if you don't. Men are cancer. Women are magic.

>This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.

When has this ever stopped them before.

What the fuck could John C. Reilly have been doing to snub appearing in this movie?
Debates on quality aside, what did he have to gain from dropping that much money down the toilet?

You're so intoxicated on your the smell of your fem bosses strap-on that you don't realize that you're not authoring your story. Make sure to lick her toes clean user, if you get good at it she might let you lick Jamals as well. If she lets you in the bedroom you can see how a woman wants to be treated.

Implying autism girl can.

I mean world's your oyster. End of the day it's all just about doing whatever you feel has meaning. One must imagine Sisyphus smiling etc. But to me now, as a 29 year old who spent 9 years in a committed relationship and the last 2 years being a relative fuck monster, women are the key. Sex is magic. It's all triggering your basic lizard brain levels of satisfaction.

The closest thing you'll ever have to an afterlife is by propagating your genetic code and hoping humans escape earth before humans destroy it.

>Still no announcement of a Howard The Duck and Swamp Thing movie/series

This makes me angry. I only like Ant-Man and Guardians. Cater to my tastes Marvel.

Yeah, but having sex and popping out some kids is easy. The experiences you have are yours and eventually will be lost in the wind, but those experiences and what you think of yourself in the end are all that matter. Even the people that think you're amazing or a piece of shit will eventually die, and as famous as you might be you'll eventually fade into the heat death of the universe.

Kong?

This pretty much.

Never read the comics in my life, but the casting feels perfect for these movies, and most of those other suggestions seem way off.

Like Gary Oldman as Ego? Even Matthew McConaughey would have felt "off" because of his age. Kurt Russell was perfect.

>You're so intoxicated on your the smell of your fem bosses strap-on that you don't realize that you're not authoring your story.
lol again I'm self employed. As for your metaphor, I'm well aware that I'm motivated to want to be appealing to women. Because that's how you get them to do sex stuff with you for fun. You're the one contracting yourself to one of them.
>Make sure to lick her toes clean user
Not a foot fag. I'm into pits and tits and faces.
>if you get good at it she might let you lick Jamals as well.
Again, you're the one contracting your life to a woman. I'm the one doing weird shit with crazy girls that don't know where I live.
>If she lets you in the bedroom you can see how a woman wants to be treated.
I mean, I have a relatively big dick with lasting power and I eat pussy and I've already done the long-term cohabitation thing. Not sure why I'm even talking to you tbphwy. Post picture's of your fiance's armpits.

What's hilarious is that you, on the one hand, understand the shame of being a male feminist so you try to talk yourself up in being a small business owner with a big dick. The only interesting thing you've said all night is outing yourself as someone that needs a person on the internet to think that you're acting like a man. True or not, it's telling.

ok but consider this: when you're at death's door looking back on life, are you going to remember all the shitposting? Is every individual day that you spent staring into the black mirror going to be recallable? Or will all of this, what you're doing right now. What you're addicted to doing. Just be bunched into one block of memory of meaningless passed time? You remember every single cringey fuck up trying to get laid. You remember indivual details of every experience you have with a girl in a way that is incomparable other than doing some epic traveling or whatever.

I fully agree that life should be built around experiences, and my argument is that you should be making an active effort to have those experiences involve girls. Every distinct and novel memory you have will be individually imprinted and recallable, making your perception of the length of time you spent alive seem longer. The more novel experiences you have the longer your life will be, and a face full of pussy is one of the greatest novels ever written. GET IT I DID A BIT

seriously though no homo. I'm just super gay for girls.

None of that existential black and white indie movie shit is going to happen though. You'll probably die not even realizing that it happened.

>understand the shame of being a male feminist
hmm
>so you try to talk yourself up in being a small business owner with a big dick.
lol. I don't try to. It's just kind of how it do right now. Maybe I wouldn't be a feminist if I had a small dick and was bad at making money. Who knows?
>The only interesting thing you've said all night is outing yourself as someone that needs a person on the internet to think that you're acting like a man.
I don't give a shit about acting like a "man" though. Definitely not consciously making an effort to project how manly I think I am. Like, I've had an adventuresome life as it is I don't really care. I sometimes like to preach about how great girls are when I'm drunk and my penis smells funny.
>True or not, it's telling.
Yeah that you're trying super hard.

You want to be an anti-feminist or whatever, charge it brah I don't give a shit. Of the 2 sexes I chose to prefer the one that has all the features I like. Guys are irritating faggots for the most part I don't even see how it's debatable.

but that's fucking wrong retard

Again the actual death process is like a few minutes. Dying to me is basically everything you do after you're done developing by your mid-20s. Maybe that's ridiculous idk. I'm hyper motivated by the realistic delusion that I'm dying.

Partially. He'd have been done to go join the cast of Vol 2 at some point. Unless he got stuck doing post production. I think he may have gone from Kong to The Little Hours though

You're coming across as someone that's not sure about themselves. Who works this hard to talk themselves up to strangers on the internet? It's telling user. You're telling me a story that you don't realize you're telling.

Oh boy. That's a really young thing to say, but I guess your lack of experience is talking. The suffering that is your 20's is great and scary and fun and all that shit, but the pay off is your 30's when you get to go bald and stop wearing shit to impress other people. You don't really get to live your own life until you stop caring what other people think, and I dont mean the edgy 20 year old version of not caring.

Maybe they did a little more swapping than we know. I doubt fox let go of fantastic four for free though. The franchise is worth something to marvel. Unless fox is getting something, marvel didn't get anything

>You're coming across as someone that's not sure about themselves
I'm ok with that.
>Who works this hard to talk themselves up to strangers on the internet?
Eh I know it's an esteem ego thing. Feels good to let out some self-important bragging every once in awhile.
> You're telling me a story that you don't realize you're telling.
I'm literally working out ideas for an actual story so I feel relatively aware of the story I'm projecting.

But also I am kind of drunkenly altruistic. I like most of the anons on Sup Forums and the /r9k/ "redpilled" self-pitying oppositional defiance shit is humanity cancer. It's toxic for your mind.

idk i need do sleep stuff. Girls aren't the enemy. They only start to control your narrative when you tell yourself you're acting against them or whatever. World's your oyster u do u. I'll probably keep riding the pussy coaster until I die in some misadventure anyway.

hellogoodnight

would marvel even want fantastic four though? fox have poisoned that well with the amount of shit movies they've made

>"Jason, would you like a role in a movie made by one of the biggest movie studios ever and become a huge household name?"
>"No, I like my hair."

Yes. Absolutely. They want all the characters that come with it. Galactus, Silver Surfer, Super Skrulls, Kang. They would use it. It's no spider-man or Hulk but a movie about the core family is useable. They're literally marvels first family. They want them back.

FF may be shit, but their villains sure aren't. Kang, Galactus, Silver Surfer etc

Oh and Dr Doom of course.

>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.

>Early cuts featured a minor scene of Drax loudly slurping soup to his teammates' annoyance which was cut for time.

Fucking normies

Damn son, thats some dark shit.

>making OUTRAGEOUS claims

What is the joke?

the watchers are big headed guys that watch everything in the universe.
it explains its self

the joke is that yondu stabbed a guy in the second act while escaping and that guy somehow managed to find his way onto the escape ship before yondu, rocket and ravager lt. dude could jettison it, whereupon he spent the rest of the movie dying in pain before being heard by mantis and gamora right at the end

>Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

That's not really a joke though, that's just a thing that happened

he died slowly haha