What did you like about him? What would you have changed?

What did you like about him? What would you have changed?

Everything.

I would have made it so The Amazing Spider-Man movies didn't exist.

I don't know if I would have changed anything in the execution itself but I would have left him out. Just felt like a pointless ad for his new movie. He didn't need to be in this and didn't add any entertainment besides the reaction to GiAnt Man. He didn't even really do anything cool in the fight scene to justify his existence. Maybe if I was a huge Spider-Man fan I would have cared, but he did nothing for me and his recruitment screentime could have been given to literally anyone else instead.

I wouldn't have put an extended commercial for him in the movie. I also wouldn't have made him Tony's bitch

I like how he looks like a younger Tobey

I wouldn't have had him in the movie at all because Spider-Man is dead to me.

I liked everything except the suit.

He added a fuckload of entertainment, and was fun as hell to watch and listen to. It felt really satisfying seeing him done correctly, and he's home where he belongs now. Sony should be shitting their pants with that execution.

Tony needed someone to "web them up," pacify them without hurting them so they could be packed up and taken in. Spider-Man is obviously the best choice for that.

He should have shown how smart he was when talking to Tony instead of acting so scared.

Can anybody tell me what the FUCK my boy spidey says when he is talking to Falcon? Not the "are the wings carbon fibre" the next line, something about £super agility and flexibility, thats awesome" I've seen it twice and I still can't hear what he says there

Thought he was pretty good as Spiderman. People say he sounded too young, but he is suppose to be young. Hell I thought he was almost spot on as Peter.

I mean you can like him if you want but I don't think he did anything that just giving Vision some netting or something couldn't have done and I didn't get any of that enjoyment from him that you did.

He should of rode on Ironmans back, bro-op style

I probably would of changed it so it was me in that suit, but otherwise it was ok.

That explains the rigidity flexibility ratio, which, I gotta say, that's awesome.

Vision wasn't really actively participating at capturing anyone. He was only really concerned about Wanda which was made clear.

"[I/That] would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio which, I gotta say, that's awesome."

they could have had him do it is what I'm saying and then still have him spill spaghetti in the end because of her

would've wrote him a better role for the film

I thoroughly enjoyed this Spider-man; however, I would have changed the "have you guys seen that really old movie.." line to just "Have you ever seen the Empire Strikes Back?"

They could have had vision just fix the whole civil war. They could have had vision just capture them all.

Giving Vision a fucking net is the most boring dumbass shit ever. Not only do they not recruit an up and coming potential Avenger, they also just have Vision do everything he isn't even interested in doing? Wow, you should write movies.

>Mcu bringing the awful vision and wanda thing in

Bad shit ahead.
Bad shit indeed.
Wanda? LOL bitch is now the cray one with magic power and visions is her walking dildo with martian manhunter powers.

>What you loved
Literally everything
>what would you change
Would have had him be in the MIT crowd, also would have had him try to web up Giant Man's lenses.

>web up giant man's lenses

So literally the most generic boring and expected thing?

You know shitposting this badly is obvious, right

He's a 16 year old inexperienced kid, I figured that would have been an obvious move to try, he could have got one eye gunked up before LA g swatted him away.

He's not a dumbass, as he clearly worked out a genius plan that I wasn't even thinking of as a movie-goer.

>Lang
Damn 'n' key being so close to the space key.

ty anons

HEY BUDDY I THINK YOU LOST THIS

PIZZA TIME

His shirt is a pizza pi shirt.
N E R D

L O W E N E R G Y

P A C M A N

I liked the actor they got, we're back to the old quip-y Spidey.

Spider-Man is my third favorite Marvel hero behind Wolverine and Cap. That said, I still loved seeing Peter get smacked out of the air by GiAnt-Man. GiAnt-Man was my favorite part of the airport fight scene.

I would have made Aunt May 30 years older and make his introduction feel less forced.

Liked the action and the chatter. Suit was a good starter, expecting an upgrade next year.

Scott was a treasure in this movie. so glad my boy ANTS is playing with the big boys now

They could write him to want to help. Hell if Vision doesn't work for you then Iron Man or War Machine could have shot down some kind of enhanced netting. My point is that in my mind any kind of "safe way of capture" not something exclusive to Spider-Man and that alone doesn't justify his presence to me in that fight scene. You don't even need netting or web to subdue them really, but suggested that it was the best choice and I don't see it that way.

Again if you liked him and his role in the scene that's fine but I just don't agree with your perspective. You can't talk me into having my emotions match yours. Just accept we disagree and move on.

Ant-Man stole the movie. Easily the best, and although some of Paul Rudd's bants were heavily controlled/toned by outside sources, some of him still shined through.

Yeah, having Vision just use a net sounds a lot better than getting to see fucking Spider-Man fight Bucky, Falcon, and take down Giantman.

Great.

>Spider-Man fight Bucky, Falcon, and take down Giantman.

I really don't see anything special in this part and I felt like Spier-Man's introduction was a waste of time. Sorry man.

Wanda would have been all over Vision's ass and stopped him from his crazy Thor-like shit.

It would've just been another boring stalemate between them when we already saw them tangle in the house. Vision would have added nothing to the battle, and unless Thor was there, he had no one to fight equally.

Again my point is not that Vision with a net replaces him but that there are multiple ways to write a means to capture the heroes without Spider-Man's assistance therefore that alone does not justify him being there. I never argued that him being there was illogical by any means. Just that I didn't like it.

it okay

Yes and they could have wrote Iron man to have superman powers and it would have made an equal amount of nonsense according to the character.

Vision isn't a blue dong god.

Literally just you thinking that adding more super heroes could possibly make a superhero fight worse.

I feel like people are intentionally misinterpreting me now just to pick a fight I didn't intend on having just because I said I didn't like something. I don't really get it.

You said they could have written other characters to do Spider-Man's job, but I'm not seeing it. The teams would have been off balance.

Tony played Nick Fury, recruiting people into the Avenger's. This was literally Marvel rescuing the Spider-Man franchise and putting it back on it's own two feet again. Iron Man had to come rescue Spider-Man from Sony.

The battle couldn't have gone better, and Spider-Man was so screen perfect, it showed how horribly Sony did with the character. His inclusion was masterful and couldn't have been done better.

The idea that you didn't like his inclusion, or that for some reason another character should have been written to do his job, is just lazy and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They talked directly about how many supers and villains are rising in the world now due to the Avengers, Vision even says its a causality. The world has to expand, and like Nick Fury, Tony went out and recruited.

I'm not sure what you want in a War movie. You gotta draft those soldiers, and Spider-Man's time is now.

Everyone has to be a contrarian.

>What did you like about him?
His aunt.
>What would you have changed?
The Andrew Garfield movies.

Maybe I'm explaining myself poorly? It's not about quantity or plot logic or anything like that. I'm just saying that the specific inclusion of Spider-Man didn't have any emotional payoff for me. I'm not pretending to be objective here or anything. I know it's a matter of purely personal taste.

Someone brought up the idea that he was the "best" way to capture Cap's allies safely and by bringing up other options I'm merely attempting to illustrate that I can think of other placeholder type things that satisfy that specific element without changing much from the fight. Maybe I was wrong for doing that because that wasn't my point really. My point is that I didn't get anything emotionally from him being in the movie and him just not being there wouldn't have caused me any less entertainment plus his recruitment time could have been used on something else which I might have gotten more enjoyment from.

That line when he talked about the Imperial walkers. He should have flat-out called them AT-AT's.

I would've changed his time as as spiderman from 6 months to at least 2 years, so he is clearly more experienced as the spiderman we know. I would have him mention his unlce ben as the reason for doing what he does and his "with great power comes responsibility" theme. I would've implied Gwen had already died.

Basically make it so the next spiderman movie can skip his origins so we can jump in to deeper spiderman lore

>fun
this is such a shitty qualifier that you fans keep bringing up to defend this mediocre movie

Look, if the only thing Spiderman added to the movie was "fun" then he should have been left out for something that was actually relevant to the plot. I don't get how you can be ok with him being fun for the movie but people criticize BvS for adding in the fun clips of Flash taking out a robber.

That line didn't even make sense. What nerdy teenager like himself wouldn't remember the name of a Star Wars movie. He remembers how they took down AT-ATs but not the name of the film?

Ah, okay, so you don't give a fuck about Spider-Man. Fair point.

You could have said

>His inclusion was meaningless to me because I don't care about the character

>What did you like about him?
His spider
>What would you have changed?
His aunt's underwear with my teeth

Spider-Man was needed. With all the drama in the movie, they needed a character that was enthusiastic. Even though he was in Tony side, he was still all giddy seeing Cap. I think without Spidey, that fight scene would be like watching your parents fight, wouldn't know who to root for. With Spidey, I just wanted to see him hold his own so I was rooting for him.

I wouldn't say that's the case. I care more about him than Black Panther on average but the BP setup didn't bother me in this so it can't be it. And I've enjoyed other stuff including adaptions with teenage Spider-Man so that's probably not it either.

Guys, please stop sexualizing Aunt May. She's not supposed to be for lewd.

Sally Fields is pretty hot desu

I was a nerdy teenager and I've never seen a Star Wars movie.

Gross

They also needed a character who could deliver the other side of the argument without being immediately written off by Tony because he already knows them.

>I just wanted to see him hold his own so I was rooting for him.

More than that, knowing that he CAN kick their asses from the comics I wanted to see him treated right and not jobbing to non powered humans. This Spidey is fantastic.

Rewrite almost all of his dialogue in the airport battle.

fucking 9gag whedon trash shit

First time Spiderman's been done right. Only thing I would change is I would cancel his solo movie. Much like the Hulk, I think this version of Parker works better in small doses.

What would you rewrite it too?

What are you talking about? He said "Have you seen Empire Strikes Back?", he just didn't remember the name of the AT-ATs.

To not be general crap. I believe anything he said to or regarding Tony was fine, as was 1 or 2 other lines.

They won't cancel it. The only way Sony keeps the rights is if they keep making movies. I think that's the only reason these movies exist. They don't want to lose Xmen. Spidey, etc to Disney.

You're right... It should have been written....

HEY. HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE NEW AND UPCOMING FILM FROM THE 1970S CALLED ... STAR WARS EPISODE 6, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK? IN IT, THEY HAVE A BATTLE WITH AN AT-AT AND THE SHIPS USE WIRE TO TRIP THEM BY WRAPPING THE WIRE AROUND THE LEGS. I AM GOING TO PERFORM THAT MANEUVER MYSELF, TAKING A NOTE FROM THE FILM. PLEASE ASSIST ME. THANK YOU.

I feel like he's just a better written version of Garfields Spider-Man. I wish they would've just kept him because Gwens death would've been a good entry into the MCU.

I'm keeping an open mind though because I am wanting to finally see Marvels interpretation of the character on screen

THREE NERD REFERENCES IN ONE

That's like saying why did someone refer to a tank as a tank and not a sherman

So, any specifics? Because it's hard to tell what was not crap. His enthusiasm? Him acting like an inexperienced kid? Him making jokes while fighting? Please be aware, when talking about changes, they wanted him to be close to his comic book personality.

Unless of course, you carry a man purse...

I liked how hot he was
I would change scenes to include more clothes being off

The fight was boated as it was and less heroes would have meant less time where people aren't on screen and doing therefor doing basically nothing. Plus basically everything Spidey said was incredibly grating and I say that as a pretty big spiderfag.

I don't get how Sup Forums went from being sure that "h-hey guys" was a sign of a shit Spidey to absolutely loving a Spider-Man that did that for his entire screen presence.

What was grating about what he said?

>whole ability to beat GiAnt Man hinged on a fiber strong enough to hold him yet flexible enough to wrap around him
The entire climax of the fight hinged on his existance

I love how the quip was so unexpected under the circumstances and on target that it apparently did physical damage to GG's brain. He probably lost sanity points in panel 2. That one panel made all of Superior worth it. The hot midget was just icing before the cake.

I was happy about it. Sad that this Peter Parker seems to be entirely skipping that stage of his life as a reporter tho. looks like he's going straight into making his own company like stark after high school

I hate the "wow look at how cool everything in this movie is" type lines and none of his mouthing off was particularly funny, he was just filling the air with boring banter.

I'm sure you are more competent than professional writers faggot

I loved him but not knowing what an AT-AT specifically was irked me, him saying holy shit did too.

>Was thinking about Gulliver's Travels till he said Empire.

so what villain should they tackle in the solo movie?

>"wow look at how cool everything in this movie is"

Which lines were that...?

Spider-Man fills the air with boring banter in literally every comic book appearance. You sure you just don't like Spider-Man, bud?

...Those have fucking NOTHING to do with the quality of his dialogue.
>critique what spidey says and say it was badly written
>b-but he always quips...
>but he's a kid, so it's okay if what he says is crap despite countless children characters and teens having better writing
>but he was enthusiastic, surely my non-sequitor will work!
>you have to tell me every detail of how you'd change it

Raimi and Sony Spideys had good quips. Marvel's does not.

>not watching the movie or even the fucking leaked scenes
>being this defensive when he clearly said he's a spiderman guy
I swear this movie has created a civil war among people. Outing the dumb fanboy drones from normal fans. They're as bad as the company war shitposters.

Aren't they already doing Vulture?

>Its you who's out gobby, out of your mind

You're full of fucking shit.

>still responding to quip cancer

They aren't touching any of the villains recently used. So Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Electro, Lizard, etc. are out for now.

No offense guys, but Spider-Man's dialogue was literally perfect, and I think you're just being contrarians. The whole stubborn I DON'T LIKE IT MOMMY... WAAAH.

>
Which lines were that...?
Around half of them. His first bit in costume is to talk about how cool it was to meet everyone (something that had been done better earlier with Lang) and later he talks about how cool Falcons wings are. I remember there being others but I can't really rewatch the scene to find them.

>You sure you just don't like Spider-Man, bud?
I guess my enjoyment of USM, JMS and Lee/Ditko could just be a fluke.

In all seriousness it may be a medium thing, when I read comics I don't "hear" voices for dialogue so things in comics that I don't notice or even enjoy may very well be grating and obnoxious in a movie where I have to hear someone say it and it needs to actually fit the timing of the action.

He also says how cool Bucky's metal arm is.

Although, I'd argue him talking about Falcon's wings was to show how he's smart and into science stuff.

>I think you're just being contrarians. The whole stubborn I DON'T LIKE IT MOMMY... WAAAH.
You can think that if you want but I went in hype for Spider-Man I was excited when the Queens location text popped up and I still held on to hope during the bedroom discussion. It was just a continual string of disappointment for me.

>location text

Fuck, there needs to be a thread about how shitty that front was. I feel like going on a lettering rant like Busiek does on twitter. It was too fucking large. I'm bootyblasted.

HAha, great. Luckily, you're the minority. Enjoy being disappointed, I'll enjoy loving it and go see it again.