Is Superboy-Prime the most tragic character of all time...

Is Superboy-Prime the most tragic character of all time? Dude lost literaly everithing after saving the whole damn universe. Also tragic and unfair destinies thread.

Alex Luthor Jr never had anything

What the hell wrong with edgy Superboy?

Why didn't nobody talk to him or help him?

I actually do feel pretty bad for SBP, his whole universe and everybody he knew died and nobody gave a fuck

I mean yeah he was a whiny little psycho but still

I don't consider him tragic purely because he should have enough comprehension to understand how comics work given that he had been reading them for so long. He should have known someone would give him his world back eventually. There is no true "loss" involved when it will be fixed in the long run.

Hypercrisis is not that hard to understand.

I mean yeah bad shit happened to SBP
But good lord, he was just the biggest bitch about it, and then used his bitchiness to justify his hyperviolence

At the start, Nu 52 Supergirl behaves in exactly the same way, squealed in exactly the same way. She also threatened to kill several times and was only lucky that she hit Flash, which is an A tier Super Hero, and not some kid with low powers.

Superboy-Prime was unlucky, but he was not even totally sane, since an "mentally healthy Superman" would never threatened to do harm with his super strength.

Still, i'm sorry for him, because he's basically a Sup Forums user.

I think these guys have changed my mind into being EVEN MORE sympathetic to him, or at least understanding him more.

If there was a graph or scale I think his actions and attitude suddenly make total since.

On one end of the scale you have Batman and his parents dying, Some where in the middle you have Green Lantern after he loses Coast city Then at the far end Super Boy who lost an entire universe. Judging his actions proportionally, I think he's well within range for anticipated behavior based on loss within the DC universe.

I sympathize with him in the sense of free will. Being aware that you could be written by some hack at any time like in Countdown is shitty.

But his actual loss is not relevant to me.

>his whole universe and everybody he knew died and nobody gave a fuck

Yep, Infinite Crisis has been rather ambiguous in some aspects.

Damn, I've never thought about him this way. It's like for us, people who know that DC can be fucking superiour in the movies, but it rules by some Hack (oh, poetry) and we can't do anything about it. But for us it's just cinematic universe. For him - it's his life. Fucking sad.

Batman's parents died

>Loses whole universe, and nobody cares. Has nobody and fails at being a superhero.
>Still thinks losing parents is worse.

Clark tried. It didn't work.

The guy got a bad deal, but as bad as the deal was, his assholishness quickly escalated beyond all reasonable proportion. Still, the guy obviously lost his marbles, so I can't find myself completely hating him.

where? Boy Prime literally attack Connor and then made the mess with the Titans. When Superman finally confronts him, Prime now had to defend himself already half DC Universe and the whole Green lanterns corps.

At that point the situation is already out of control.

Legion of Three Worlds.
Clark's solution to seeing the situation is "We may have to redeem Superboy Prime."

He did eventually get kind of redeemed in Blackest Night, though it was seemingly ignored in his Teen Titans appearance that I didn't read

Ah, true. I had forgotten that he returns later against the Legion

>that I didn't read

And Nothing Of Value Was Lost.

Fuck that asshole, he killed Pantha. And would've killed Connor if he were able, just to assume his place out of envy. He was rotten to the core and unworthy of sympathy.

>Tfw he could have turned out good as in ''Secret Identity'' and have a good life.
fuck her, she deserved

>TFW he was cruxified in the last issue of Titans before nu52

>Convergance ezplained away pre-Flashpoint Earths exist
>Rebirth mini is just Superboy being jealous

Superboy prime is what you get when you have a nice idea but you can stop at the right moment. Literally what hppens to most Johns ideas, the guy always go full retard

The part where he spend years in the speed force was such a cop out for why he went full Joker tier.

His world was restored in 52 anyway so that doesn't matter. It didn't work out that way for Peeg but it was still his actual parents and shit there and they were waiting for him.

It was an accident. And I know it may sound like a very shitty excuse, but think about it.
>He comes from a pre crisis universe where death is almost nonexistant.
>It probably has thunderworld like physics
>Simplistic logic and lack of cynism and moral dilemas.
>Suddenly comes to a world where everything is more complicated and everyone else is mean spirited by comparison.
>A bunch of superheroes attack him, something that would be pretty unlikely in pre crisis continuity (I know someone may be able to prove me wrong in this one)
>Punches one the way he would do it in his universe
>Her fucking head explodes, blood everywhere

When he starts spazing out and saying "HURR DURR U ARE MAKING ME EVIL LIKE U" He means it in a literal sense. He's now part of a more realistic, complicated world with consequences he would never have imagined.

52 pre Flashpoint or New 52?

MiracleMan was such a homoerotic comic book

He was a whiny faggot

>wahhh my unirverse is gone this gives me justification to be an asshole!

All his fans should be shot

Underrated post.
This page was so poignant, I felt real emotion stirring within me. I empathized more with Miracleman than I had with any human being.

Moore's Swamp Thing is a spiritual successor to Miracleman, and improves upon the ideas that it introduced.
If you haven't read it I highly recommend it.
Anyway, my contribution is pic related.

It was pre-Flashpoint but we haven't seen E-33 itself since then to verify whether it should be the same or not still. Ultra Comics took place within the comic itself of course.

Well Moore wrote Miracleman as being above the conventions of human sexuality.
He did travel around the universe and meet aliens who could change genders mid-coitus.

At the end of 52. He was transported back home at the end of Legion of Three Worlds, but his parents and girlfriend had been reading his comics and saw what he had done.

But there's a post Flashpoint SPB.
Yeah, right. Because he didn't lost anything of value.

>At the end of 52. He was transported back home at the end of Legion of Three Worlds, but his parents and girlfriend had been reading his comics and saw what he had done.
WHAT?

Morrison has said several times that current earth 33 is our earth, not just a representation of our earth as it used to be.

>But there's a post Flashpoint SPB.

No? The pre-Flashpoint one was trapped on the source wall. It should be the same guy not a changed version.

Yeah but that doesn't mean that he can't be from here still. I don't know every kid in the world. Doesn't change anything for me.

But they can both exist at the same time. For example, there is a pre Flashpoint and post Flashpoint Kingdom Come.
And it was referred that Multiversity SPB destroyed earth 15 just like the original SBP destroyed pre nu 52 earth-15.

Am I a faggot for thinking him accidently killing a shitload of teen titans and gettin thrown into the speed force was one of my absolute favorite moments in comics I've ever read?

He's only "tragi" because he was weak. His universe died and he went insane. The same thing happened to Hyperion, only he carries the additional shame of being the one who personally failed to save it. But he's not psychopath.

>earth15
>destroy an entire earth in a rampage even though his entire justification for revenge is his own destroyed earth
>sympathy
Fuck this piece of shit

Countdown isn't canon.

Countdown somehow was canon in The Multiversity

Not at all. That was pretty hype. I just loved the idea of a standard Teen Titans gangbang going fucking wild because someone died. In the audio book at least you can taste the shock when Pantha gets her head knocked off.

Rather, his world was restored with the rest at the end of 52.
He got back home at the end of Legion of Three Worlds.

Do you fags justify people that go on killing spree because they lost something important?

Or having an S as a symbol puts you a on a different level? Fucking autists.

But it's not killing when you know they're not real people.

Can somebody give me a complete summary of Superbly prime and why he's such a murderouse asshole

there was a spotlight issue about him during Sinestro Corps War that recaps things pretty well

anyone else kinda hate Infinite Crisis for how much of a kill boner it had for b, c, and d list characters?

Gwen please leave.

I don't like it, but the idea was probably for DC to trim the fat around its edges while still allowing writers to reintroduce those characters later without complicated backstories.

SBP/Gwenpool is a good ship imo

He ended up on post-IC/52 Earth-2. But they forgot the plot point and never explained it.

He was too busy being a whiny twat and killing people to accept any help. If Clark went on and tried to help him he'd probably insult him and then try to kill him.

I genuinely cried for him at that page, he committed the closest thing to suicide he could do without also killing his counterpart, which in a shows what a decent guy he was. Others wouldn't really care and would just pull the trigger but he just asked Miracleman to never change back and to let him sleep forever and he kept his promise.

Mike Moran and Miracleman aren't two completely distinct entities, though. Moran is Miracleman, and Miracleman is Moran. They aren't fully counterparts; each recognizes that they are the same person.
After a metamorphosis, the caterpillar doesn't die; it becomes a butterfly.
His suicide was more of an apotheosis than it was a true death.
Moran dying signifies Miracleman letting go of his mortality and link to humanity; he ascends to godhood.

Does Prime exist in the current continuity (whatever that is)?

Is there a collection I can read of this superboy prime stuff with the titans and is full origin?

He exists in RL continuity.

Not that we know of.
It's entirely possible that he's hiding out somewhere, since he was trapped in the Source Wall, and part of it got blown up, but we've seen hide nor hair.

His origin was in a single issue before Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC Comics Presents #87.
Then it's COIE, then he reappears in Infinite Crisis, then Sinestro Corp War, then he became "Superman-Prime" during Countdown since there was legal troubles to the name Superboy, then Legion of Three Worlds, a two part tie in for Blackest Night, then his last run in with the Teen Titans.

>. For example, there is a pre Flashpoint and post Flashpoint Kingdom Come

Shit, does this mean I bought the wrong comic at the comic-con I was just at? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff, but I had heard that was a generally well-liked one and wanted to read it...

Posting dc presents 87 in a few

I remember him wrecking shit with a sinestro corp suit when some guardian allahu ackbar'd on his face and then he is shitposting on the DC forums during blackest night.

I think i missed something between and after

One comic, different universes.
Also, you want to read JSA, there's some story with that universe called Thy Kingdom Come.

Cool thanks for this, I've read COEI, sonestro war and blackest night but sounds like I need to re-read them and pay more attention to what is going on with him. I knew the broad strokes of his story but this sounds crazier than I imagined it was, really interesting caae for a character that exists outside of continuity in concept and narrative.

Legion of Three Worlds.
At some point in Countdown, I guess, he gets flung into the 31st century. He visits a museum and throws a bitch-fit when he finds his statue shoved in a storage closet.

I really need some art of this ship now.

It's a pretty meaningless distinction. Technically the whole multiverse was recreated with Flashpoint's conclusion, but Kingdom Come doesn't seem to have any significant changes. Multiple locations were nuked, rather than just Kamsas in the original, but that's it. The ending seems to be the same and no story has used this rebooted version yet anyway.

I'm not a very big DC fan, but what the fuck could possibly destroy the Source Wall, and if it did break wouldn't it have universe destroying consequences?

Sure why not

It was Black Hand, during Godhead.
Hal, in his infinite wisdom, though it would be a good idea to bring the Black Lantern so that Relic could take a look at him or something.
Hand took one look at the Wall, and saw it as a massive graveyard. So he does his "the dead shall rise" shtick, and a whole bunch of beasties tear themselves off and fuck up Orion's men and scatter off into the universe, which Kyle has to deal with.

I guess it wasn't that big of a problem, more surface damage than breaking clean through the wall.

But the source wall.

That's not Spider-man from the manga