Why all the hate for Brian Wood's Conan? I agree it could have used more Becky Cloonan but other than that it's not bad

Why all the hate for Brian Wood's Conan? I agree it could have used more Becky Cloonan but other than that it's not bad.

>hate

Must be Sup Forums memesters who don't read Conan, people on Sword & Sorcery threads I've been agreed It's pretty good

>Brian Wood

>Cloonan will never do interiors again

murder me senpai

This

At least she did a short story in the last Batman Black and White and did that one issue of Batman...

>neither will Conner.

Are women's wrists faulty or something?

Is it because they don't fap?

Somebody go check on Lupaccutie's hand, before it's too late

I've heard a lot of complains that it "pussyfied" Conan and shit. I thought it was a very good look at a more vulnerable side of him, and Wood did a good job fleshing out Belit.

It definitely wasn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed it well enough

Where did you hear this? Last I heard she just felt super burnt out on drawing comics and wants to focus on writing and the only art being stuff for her own comics like the Chance or Providence stuff.

Some people want Conan to be a rock. I remember listening to Brandon Graham talk superheros and how Marvel and DC should handle them as shells for writers to do what the fuck ever with them so we end up with more All Star Supermans and Batman Year 100 and Dark Knight Returns only to fuck his argument up by saying Conan should always be a stoic rock because that's how he likes Conan and then Paul Pope called him out on it.

Lupa already cited the scheduling for why she had to drop Starfire. It sucks.

Yeah it's not official or anything. I just only ever see her solicited on covers these days.

>Brandon Graham saying dumb shit

What else is new?

Dark Horse has done a great job in giving showing us several faces of Conan, from stoic badass King Conan to confused, in love with Belit Conan.

Yes, and I'm fine with this. I'm entirely willing to stop buying one Conan and switch to another book if I don't like the current run. Or find old issues, they're not expensive. Or dig up a Conan pastiche novel if I need my fix - I have a Robert Jordan one around here somewhere...

Any more images if this art or interior pages?

I can dump the whole first issue, sure.

The Prince of Per-- I mean, Cimmeria!

More?
y/n

>Yes

Alright then, let's wrap up this arc.

This comic is giving me a boner.

I can see why

These interiors suck. You'd think they'd get someone with more dynamic posing and layout to do an action-oriented comic like this. It looks very amateur webcomicky.

>dissing Cloonan
Oh shit, you've gone and done it

I've never heard of him. I guess he'd be adequate on another title but this indy style doesn't suit this story.

I liked it and Belit is great but I can understand why some people don't like it. For one thing there was like zero sorcery in the whole story

Nigga please.

Her. Becky Cloonan is a lady. Also check this shit out senpai

Howard's prose included brains when mentioning gore a lot. It made everything so much more visceral.

Cloonans art is great for this kinda thing, I love the mystic looking stuff she does for bands.

I'm fine with the art but I would prefer if Conan had harsher features, something befitting of a barbarian from the North.

To be fair if I remember the timeline correctly he's only in his mid to late teens during this story.

He's supposed to be young

It was my understanding that he was pretty young here.

Fair enough

>tfw you know that conan just up and forgets about Belit in the next series

I thought the entire arc dragged on for way, way too long

I did enjoy the art tho.

The End.