Boardwalk Empire Thread

>just started boardwalk empire

Impressed by the attention to detail. Feels very authentic like I'm actually in the Roaring 20s

Why does Sup Forums not talk about this show?

The show is a few years old, but it's actually my favorite show. What season are you on, or by just started are you only a few episodes in?

Leave now before jimmyfags invade this thread.

Two episodes in. Just started watching it today

Buscemi and Michael Shannon are perfect

I remember when the show first came out, I was confused why they would pick Buscemi for this serious character. To me it was like picking someone like Rob Schneider or Gilbert Godfrey. But after watching all five seasons I think it was an excellent choice.

Controversial opinion: season 4 is my favourite and Eli is best character.

Yeah he's always great in everything. That's why I started checking the show out

it became pretty awful post-jimmy desu, a real chore to watch

Eli actually became one of favs by the end as well. Maybe because he was actually relatable unlike his fag bread stick bro.

Season 3 was my favorite. I almost stopped watching after the Season 2, due to obvious reasons. inb4 jimmyfag

It had some of the most wasted potential in television history. It goes completely off the rails into the garbage dump.

>tfw no qt pie waifu with dark hair, dark eyes, and pale skin
:(

>not posting Billie Kent

What the ever living fuck happened with S5?

BE was never that popular here. It had it's threads but it aired during the height of Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. A lot of people ignored it.

Great show though, one of my favorites. Lots of waster potential in the end.

The guy playing Rothstein is also really good and the guy playing Capone is fun to watch.

The Knox/ Hoover story line in season 4 is very under rated. Knox is a piece of shit.

Season 4 had the best Chicago arc. Frank Capone is the most underrated character in the series. He was great.

OMAR COMIN'

I really loved the show, but the last season really made me mad on my second re-watch because there's so many things not addressed. Like what was Tommy Darmody's endgame? Why exactly was he in AC? What made him give up his good life?

SAY
MY
NAME

This is the only show I rewatched and still liked it. And second time I more appreciated S3.

and what happened to Julia?

When I rewatched it, season 2 pissed me off because Jimmy fucked up so bad. Watching it, I was hoping things would turn out different, but he's such an idiot.

because it was rushed out and became a villain of the year piece intead of what it should have been. It was a real shame.

UNDER THE BOARDWALK
DOWN BY THE SEA, YEAH
ON A BLANKET WITH MY BABY
IS WHERE I'LL BE

HBO cut the budget and set an episode limit iirc

FUCK YOU SAL, OR CHARLIE? OR WHATEVER THE FUCK YOUR NANE IS.

Gyp was my boy

>Why does Sup Forums not talk about this show?

like every other tv show it gets worse over time.

How was it rushed out?

Yeah, like I can see him wanting revenge for his father AND his basically adoptive father (Richard), but why in the hell would he leave a nice family to go straight to jail?

It's Charlie

>you and me, we siddawn, we talk abaught who dies eh?

NIGGER

Eli is top tier, way better than Jimmy Darmeme

>dat Knox/Eli fight at the end of S4
>mfw

Best boy, redditors will disagree with this

Libyan*

NIGGER

WITH

A

DICTIONARY

>Comes to the house of a man who is on the edge of losing it
>Starts talking about how his son will be raped in jail
>Surprised when he strangles you and bashes your fucking face in with an unbreakable vase.

>Kill Tommy's real father
>Assign Harrow, the only father figure Tommy has left a dangerous job
>Does nothing when he dies

Nucky was a piece of shit and deserved what happened.

>jimmyfags
when will they learn?

I remember talking about it here a lot when the show was actually on air. The way they ended things pissed me off.

AR was the GOAT

Every fucking time

>Stuhlbarg
>Shannon
>Pitt
>K. Williams
Is this Michael-kino Sup Forums?

It's pretty good, but it actually would've been better with less sex.

That's probably the first time I've ever said that.

>It's not alright. Do you think I entered into this arrangement because I value your companionship? You are a convenience, of geography and supply. You promised a quantity and a price. *You* have failed to deliver! And now, owing to your inability to manage your affairs in, *New Jersey* - a state I have little interest in or affection for -you expect me to start a war? In New York? Where things actually matter?

>Why does Sup Forums not talk about this show?

We did, mostly throughout 2010 - 2014.

Why were the Roaring 20s so comfy lads??

Because it only stays interesting for a few seasons. It let people down.

it was alright
>muh children

>Why does Sup Forums not talk about this show?- 50 posts and 12 image replies shown.
Because the last season was absolute garbage.

Fuck I hope this isn't true

BARNEY GOOGLE

The first 4 seasons were great then HBO and Terrence Winters decided instead of wrapping the show up in 2 last seasons to do 1 shorter season. The sick fucking part of all of that is they partly did that so they could work on Vinyl instead.

Just enjoy the first 4 seasons as much as possible and wind down with the 5th as to not be completely let down.

>MUY CHEELDRUN, NOOKY,

Why did Jimmy rob Rothstein's men with Al?

Wtf was he thinking? He just fucked himself pretty badly. What was it going to accomplish

Season 3 was GOAT

I can't deny the last two seasons lost a lot of steam though. It really needed more time.

MUH CUNNY

>Wtf was he thinking?

That was basically Jimmy's problem since the first episode

prepare to be disappointed and feel cheated

stop after the 3rd season

>this guy is currently railing my sadfu with his monster dong

Fuck.