"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy...

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

How do we save film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i2d8fdUENMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> How do we save film?
By shitposting the same copypasta over and over and over again

>"My movies are for kids anyway"

- George Lucas covering his ass

The Alan Moore quote is fake lol

I agree.

But I will continue to escape into my anime video games, and tv because there is nothing which motivates me to carry on through the realities of life. I believe in nothing and care about no one.

pretty much this

Then don't reply to it, or if you do, put sage in the options field so it doesn't get bumped. Jesus Christ you guys are like women.

are these quotes real

go back to *eddit
also simon pegg was joking and the others werent said by the ascribed author

Nerd culture is just another manifestation of the ongoing glorification of brainless consumerism. We live in a world in which adult men clap when they see a 10 minute clip of a CGI baby tree dancing on screen. This kind of infantilization and detachment of praise from artistic merit works very well for plastic manufacturers, because that stupid goy creaming his pants when he sees a trailer with a Led Zeppelin song is the kind of retard who will spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in merchandising.

Nerd culture brings the concept of "pride" to the act of buying useless shit. The humor by references so preminent in Marvel movies and Big Bang Theory is the kind of shit that makes the manchild, who's now working but single or, in any case, childless and with lots of disposable income, proud of being part of the select group of manchildren who understand the reference. The only way to get into this group is spending money. Nerd culture is short term capitalism and cultural dominance by a few companies, mainly Disney, becomign self-destructive in the long run. By expanding the realm of "teenage" from it's original 10 to 20 years, to the current 7 to 35-40 years range, they get a massive consumer base composed only by emotionally stunned losers who will never produce anything of value. No one does when you're a teenager. Nerd culture is the cancer that's killing western culture, anyone supporting any of these movies is an enemy of the eurocentric culture that has brought the longest and best era of peace and prosperity to human kind in its history.

> becomign self-destructive
> killing western culture

Good Western Culture and civilisation needs a violent reboot Mad Max style

Achmed please

This has been true since ROTJ. After he realized he couldn't sustain the momentum of the first two, he just wanted to sell toys.

Fuck off kike, western culture was always violent

> Achmed plz
It doesn't matter. 95% of the people you are trying to defend hate you and would want to destroy everything about you and you're not even Bataman, you are probably a chubby faggot with a confused sexual identity You are a brainwashed idiot who spends way to much time focusing on things you can't possibly change so you shitpost on the internet and waste a bunch of fucking time and stress. The sad part is that 8 years from now fucking nothing in your life will change and the world will keep spinning with nobody giving a shit about your special and unique beliefs. You should join the smugly detached Zen master race.

fuck off to reddit capeshit

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
>- Alejandro Iñárritu

>Mexican talking about being human.

Fucking kek.

I watched guardians recently and seriously felt gross after watching it. So much stupid fantasy that all these adults were eating up. Don't get me wrong I enjoy things for children sometimes, like Mario and Zelda games for example, but these cape shit movies just reek of consumerism. It's like the same reason loot crates and the people that buy them make me sick.

Fuck off gringo bitch.

Build wall, Paco.

>so fucking gordo they can't build their own walls
top jaja

>"Film as art culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to intellectually masturbate the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control"
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen 2001: A Space Odyssey over a hundred times. I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see 2001 again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand faux-intellgencia banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [art films] as elevated art form, I think it's still just a French guy smoking a cigarette with a Noir filter around his stupid depressed face... It's for quasi-intellectuals, it's adolescent in its core."
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about a guy and his dog where nothing actually happens as some kind of metaphor for the pointlessness of life. I think it's fine for people who want to pretend to be smart, those of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>"They have been poisoned, this culture genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to pointless camera work and terrible religious metaphors and shit that doesn't mean nothing about the experience of a simple story."
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Truffaut makes me vomit, Kurosawa and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that filmmakers suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on cinema."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this hatred of popular trends in culture today seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of human interaction."
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for entertainment but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of people that do not like fun movies. They want the films to be boring like L'Adventure, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being enjoyable."
- George Lucas

LEL

Reading that pile of shit really changed my mind.

Says the fag bitching about capeshit

Nothing of that shit makes any sense, capeshit shill

Would Capeshit or faux geek entertainment still be fine if we didn't have retarded Millenials and literal fucking who's giving their opinions during shitty Youtube videos?

No.

They've clearly poisoned it but I think the thing that damaged it most is the build up to the next event so everything feels overwhelming hence why it's so forgettable.

They certainly don't help but no, they're not the main problem

This. What do all these people expect me to do? To watch depressing dramas that remind me of my sad life? No, thank you.

This is hapenning all over the world, not only in western countries. Stop whinning.

youtube.com/watch?v=i2d8fdUENMA