The Last Airbender Movie Vs The Legend of Korra

>The Last Airbender Movie Vs The Legend of Korra.

Which one wasted more potential?

Korra obviously.

There is literally zero potential in a live action adaption that is merely retelling an existing story in a shorter amount of time.

The movie never had a hope with M. Night. Shamalongadingdong behind it.

Korra for sure. It had all the ingredigents to be something great but they blew it. And they blew it again and again every damn season.

TLA had all the ingredients for mediocrity to begin with.

we doing the stupid shit again

>implying Korra wasn't a wasted opportunity

I'm serious though. What potential is there in literally watching the same story again but with real people actors instead of 2d animation (I say 2d because it's not as if the effects aren't CGI anyway so even a "live action" movie is still partially animated)? It's literally the same stuff you already watched but with adventures cut out. How is there any potential in that idea? You could just watch the series again and press fast forward and have the same experience.

nice meme

>someone disagrees with me
>must be a meme
You're a faggot.

You can't waste potential that doesn't exist. If it was just going to be a movie set in the Avatar universe but telling a different story I could maybe understand OP's viewpoint, but there's no potential in just retelling something someone already watched

you mad bitch

Who's baiting who again?

if you think that movie is better than korra you are one stupid fucker

Where did I say the movie is better than Korra? This is a discussion of potential not quality. Maybe you should read the OP again instead of shitposting.

"Wasted potential" you dumb fuck. No one here has said the movie is better than Korra you no reading comprehension having fag.

are you fucking stupid and if you want one the movie korra had 4 books that shit movie only had one now fuck off retard

korra had 4 books and has a comic coming out you tell me

Now look, you've gone and stopped forming coherent sentences.

Are you ESL or something? The movie was indeed worse than Korra but you can't waste potential that doesn't exist. The movie had no potential to waste. Stating that doesn't make it better than Korra.

This is not complex.

Korra definitely

People with actual talent worked on it

Tell you what? Is english your second language. There's obviously something you're fundamentally unable to understand about this topic.

>The movie was indeed worse
But only if you've seen the TV series.

you are so fucking stupid

dude you are user, you can just stop posting now that you realize you fucked up and don't have an argument here

Nah its a bad movie.

and you are stupid to think the movie hand any kind of potential you bitch

The movie as a whole creation failed once. Korra had three seasons and each of them failed in the same ways.

I'm impressed at how much they fucked up such an amazing premise.

I have repeatedly said that the movie doesn't have potential, so glad you are now admitting that you made a mistake.

Did you just switch sides?

fuck off

you played yourself

I was actually really excited for the Last Airbender movie. Seeing stuff in big budget live action effects should've been awesome

But it's still Korra. Korra nearly destroyed my love for the universe. In my heart the backstory introduced in season 2 of Korra is noncanon.

Korra arguably might not have had any potential. Its premise was initially flawed.

M. Night on the other hand had a story written out and shot for him. All he had to do was repeat it.

> There is literally zero potential in a live action adaption that is merely retelling an existing story in a shorter amount of time.

This and a billion other factors.

> They gave an action-comedy-adventure to a director who had literally only ever done serious dramas and thrillers
> Child actors (who tend to suck in general) who have to look like the characters AND be good at acting AND do kung-fu AND have comedic timing AND be able to work with CGI
> IIRC it's literally illegal in Hollywood to have live pyrotechnics on set with minors, so even firebending has to be CGI in all instances
> CGI animals integral to the story
> Hollywood refuses to cast Asian leads so there was no chance in hell of accurate casting anyway
> TV show takes place over the course of one year, multiple films in the series would take years and years to make

And most importantly, as you said-

> Condensing a whole season of television into a single film.

The show actually had way more wasted potential over two seasons worth.

Anything M Night at the time of TLA's release was actually looked upon with apprehension and good reason. I didn't believe in it and I wasn't disappointed when it flopped.

On the other hand I was sorely disappointed with how the first two seasons of Korra were handled.

Live action could have had some respectable success if it had been handled by anyone remotely competent.

the TLA movie drove a stake into the franchise, Korra promised to remove it, only to trip over her feet and impale herself on it.

>39 posts
>13 posters

Nice samefagging, OP. You've made this thread before too.

oh please. I've got like 60 different IPs, If I really wanted a thread samefagged, you'd never notice it.

Pretty sure OP made this exact thread a week or two ago, with nearly the same wording.

It was just as retarded then as it is now.

The latter.

There was no chance they could have done justice to the series in a two hour adaptation of the entire first season to begin with.