Channel Awesome

What held them back from making it big?

What kept them from greatness in the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67X_CmAPWSw&list=PL0AQIMR-tpok8aIgJ8g93l7j6V6OEuUhl&ab_channel=ChannelAwesome
youtube.com/watch?v=Srp-pPmCjc8
youtube.com/watch?v=NRLp52HmoZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thread on Sup Forums
>3rd thread on Sup Forums
>thread on Sup Forums for some fucking reason but was deleted

what's going on?

>What kept them from greatness in the end?

Themselves and the fact that they did not care about making quality content.

Bunch of fucking nerds trying to rake in money from the faux nerd scene.

Nobody care about these guys anymore other than you weirdos. Stop being creepy stalker weirdos and leave these nobodies alone.

How did Doug afford to have 2 main co-stars in nostalgia critic if he could barely sustain his shitty life on the income of the episodes. I haven't watched in years, does he still have the black man and average looking female

Mental illness

i take it these fans must also be the weirdos who keep posting about hannah minx disppearing like they were owed an apology

They are too weird and ugly.

Most 'cool' geek channels like collider have a bunch of chads with super hero t-shirts and some hot cum dumpsters who learned about geek culture last year presenting the show.

Why didn't they just lay on top of a stool for a decent flying animation?

Maximum nerdiness

they weren't as good as Clan of the Gray Wolf

I'm just saying, those tits are squandered on her.

she has two kids so three people (i hope) enjoyed them at least

so did he take the money and run?

Unironic autism

Yeah it's still the McDonalds Voice and round girl.

>What held them back from making it big?
Spoony: ego and laziness
Linkara: lack of any talent and charisma
Doug Walker: both Spoony and Linkara's reasons combined
Latza: he entered the scene way too late and just tried to mimic other people's shticks even though they'd been done to death instead of creating something at least somewhat interesting, but at least he has a real job now

No he made a shitty gameshow with the money.

>Linkara: lack of any talent and charisma
B-But he played five different characters in his movie.

I'll say this about Linkara: he didn't make fun of Chris-chan because he had at least enough self-awareness to know that he wasn't all that different from Chris-chan (especially considering all Linkara's weird sex stuff). He knows, at least to some degree, that he isn't very talented.

>Not having the talent to produce actual high quality content

>Not being able to use any clips from the movies they "review" in their vids (due to threat of copyright strikes) so each episode becomes a 30 minute painfully unfunny skit.

>Producing content they obviously have no passion for in a desperate bid for money (recent Nostalgia Critic episodes, video discussions about Steven Universe)

>Anyone with any actual talent left the channel years ago

>Overall amateur look and feel of production

That's about it.

Linkara takes himself very seriously, and I just can't understand why.

>with the money
the budget for that show was like $100 at most

>Linkara takes himself very seriously, and I just can't understand why.
Because just like Spoony, douge and rob walker, he thinks he's hot shit, these guys are deluded, I remember watching spoony in one of Brad's videos, he was constantly saying that he was an actor, like was he looking for some kind of validation from Brad, you can tell that Linkara thinks he's really good at what he does, just watch his movie, it's 2 hours of Mars girl and co. jerking him off.

Precisely.

I like Rocco botte's linkara satire

To be fair, Linkara did make quite a bit of money off his videos and was fairly popular as far as Internet celebrity status goes (although nowadays, he's pretty low-level compared to someone like pewdiepie). He does have some reason to have pride in what he does.

Not enough to finance his own movie though.

He'd be a fool to fund his own movie when he could just have others fund it for him.

Linkara?

autism

Unironically Doug

I'm looking forward to the destruction of Channel Awesome, seeing who survives the fallout

youtube.com/watch?v=67X_CmAPWSw&list=PL0AQIMR-tpok8aIgJ8g93l7j6V6OEuUhl&ab_channel=ChannelAwesome

Voila

Yes, Linkara (or anyone) would be stupid to use their own money when they could use someone else's money no strings attached.

I do like Doug despite his cringey sketches. Just seems like a good dude

>What held them back from making it big?

Autism, egos, and a lack of self awareness.

Every single person involved being completely devoid of any talent or charisma.

It's not really a surprise. Most aspiring artists are either working retail their entire lives or give up their dreams and work at it as a hobby

So for these guys - some of the rare individuals to make an income(however low that income might be) off their art, it makes them believe they're invincible. They were almost assuredly told to get some horrible but comfortable job coding by well intentioned but condescending friends and family, so the validation of being able to earn a living doing what they love goes way too much to their heads

Delusion is the essential state of being an artist since if you sat down and looked at the actual statistics of those who "make it" you'd give it up or kill yourself

This was literally the best show on the channel.

>hates k-pop

Nobody really likes k-pop, they just think the girls are pretty or the boys are pretty.

>Linkara takes himself very seriously, and I just can't understand why.
He contracted USI from early YouTube fame

What was the cause of that huge peak in popularity in 2014?

His "return" after the Demo Reel debacle.

>Watch some dudes video on these guys
>Get hype
>I forgot all about these guys
>Only saw doug whining recently
>Check spoony site

........da fug, he dead? who did this

He did it to himself.

I think he's coming back.

This is a good explanation:
youtube.com/watch?v=Srp-pPmCjc8

autism

Spoony hasn't posted anything new in 4 months.

Is he kill?

He's too busy making Trump jokes on twitter to make content.

They thought their audience would just keep growing as long as the kept putting out the same content (they had a pretty steady increase in watches pr. video the first few years).
I actually think guys like Douge never imagined someone would do the same stuff he did, but only better. Wouldn't surprise me if the big plan was having monopoly on internet reviews.

Off course this all came crashing down when the majority of their fanbase turned out too be social inept people (mostly teens) looking for a friend simulator.

But they didn't put out the same content, they went from reviews of stuff to depressed WWE blogs

Do they lurk these threads?

Douge actually really wants to get away from the Nostalgia Critic. Demo Reel was supposed to be the beginning of a new era for him and TGWTG but it flopped hard so he brought back the Nostalgia Critic.

>video discussons about steven universe

This.

You can get away with not being that good looking, but then you need other charm to make up for it, aka not being weird.

Douge should have realised other people on the site were more talented (and better looking) than him and tried to market them as the main stars of the site instead.

Also avoid hiring weirdos like Linkara would probably help getting a more normie fan base.

>tfw Angry Joe is even more successful than all these faggots combined

only slightly more tolerable than rapcritic

This

They have 0 charisma

For some it's both music and pretty people.

I hope Nintendo rape him.

>Styles are based too much on MST3k and Ebert which are impractical alone
>Manchild who focus on kid shit
>Laziness
>They really aren't that funny alone

Only ones who I think could make it is AVGN because he has a real passion for film making, but is a slacker himself. If Doug was able to make Kickassia, then theres nothing to stop AVGN from making his own c-grade horror movie and possibly getting a job at Troma or Full Moon.

I blame the painfully unfunny skits.
I still enjoy his commentary videos where he poses a question about media then sits and answers it. It's just a dude, and his perspective on a topic.
The drawn out and try-hard attempts at comedy just kills any motivation to watch his movie reviews.

I mean pretty much

They're all incredibly obnoxious and annoying.

did he have a flash of clarity?

He was like a decade or two older than the rest, no wonder he got depressed

they are literal morons

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy? Like, I know he killed himself, I just don't know much about him and what he did and why he did it.

He talked about untranslated Japanese games. Liked Kamen Rider.
Also: youtube.com/watch?v=NRLp52HmoZQ

Didn't the CA fora before they got axed had their own troll/tripfag? Whenever this guy posted a comment people got mad.

i mean, look at him

he locked himself in a bathroom and shot himself iirc

This, The skits is what I hate, Maybe when I was younger but they are extremely cringey now.

Other reviewers got ruined by TGWTG because they were forced to do skits too when they joined Channel Awesome

>Douge
>Lazy
There are many criticisms that can be levied against him but he's been making weekly content almost without missing an installment ever for a decade.

Thats one thing i'll give to Doug. I might not like his videos but he's consistent on releasing them.

Indeed, let's just see what he's got for us this wee- oh, it's just a trailer for an upcoming review. I rescind my previous comment.

He's a lazy buttfag pissbabby who disables comments and likes / dislikes and hasn't said or done anything of note since his Countermonkey days.

Kek

New 16 bit gems episode when? It's been like 2 fucking years.

>JewWario died in 2014
>it's been over three years

Time moves too fast

In his early videos, he came off as a kind of nervous, down to earth guy who genuinely enjoyed talking about games and shit. I don't know if he was always a narcissistic lolcow beneath the surface or if his gay webby turned him into one, but it is a shame.

> ctrl + f
>0 eggkara results

he does seem like an alright guy. i like their behind the scenes videos because they look like they are having fun making it.

He is lazy in making them though.

>Uses a green screen and buys a curtain backdrop instead of getting a real curtain
>coudn't be bothered to get a button in the Temothy Green skit where he presses the silent alarm and just glued a piece of paper onto a desk
>his lighting
>tapes full script unter his camera and reads from it
>just talk into his camera during voice overs instead of a seperate mic

and there is plenty more

lindsay seems kind of gross in a way that really turns me on.

>watching their shit over and over "ironically"
neck yourself.

Does Doug still do the horrible unfunny skits that take up more than half of his "reviews"?

Yes he hired 2 people just for the skits

Demo Reel never died, basically.

Some episodes consist entirely of sketches because of his fear of copyright claims.

>not watching CAkino.

Terrible taste.

Channel Awesome brings in quite a lot of cash, at least they did five years ago. Also Dougs wife's family is rich.

>Also Dougs wife's family is rich.

Explains why he ended up with big girl and not some fan like Spoony.

his kike wife told him to pull the trigger, she wanted the life insurance and sympathy funds

they got divorced last year

>rich
>they live in a fucking trailer

Sure thing

He's banging em on the side.

Proof, please.

He lived in what seemed to be a pretty big house years ago.