4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

Are you still getting physical media?
And do you have 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs and a player?
I do have tons of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs and they look amazing on my 4K OLED TV.

And what is the crown jewel in your 4K kino collection?
Mine is the Mad Max: High Octane Collection, but when I get the Collector's Edition 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of Your Name., it will easily be my crown jewel.

And what movies are you hoping for a 4K release?
I am personally hoping for 4K remasters of Makoto Shinkai's films, Your Name. is getting the 4K treatment and since we got an HD-DVD and Blu-ray re-release of The Place Promised in Our Early Days back in 2008 in the same day when 5 Centimeters Per Second was first released on DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray, it's pretty likely.
Also, Blade Runner (the original) in 4K since it was remastered in 4K back in 2007 and please include all of the five versions that were on the Complete Collector's Edition Blu-ray back in 2007.
It isn't that far-fetched since we get the 35 anniversary of Blade Runner this year, as well as the fact that Blade Runner: 2049 is coming out pretty soon.

Also, Disney movies in 4K when? And on that note, Studio Ghibli films in 4K when?
I would really love 4K releases of the Studio Ghibli films.

No. No. N/A. Theatrical versions of the many altered sci-fi movies. Don't know. Don't know.

I have a pony

I used to collect movies so I could watch them again and again, then one summers day I was out walking with my mum and bumped into a older man she new, my mother told him how much I watched my favourite movie. The old man told me not to watch movies so much.

I feel very sorry for your soul.

But Mad Max was mastered at 2K then upscaled.
What are you trying to prove here op?
Whats the model of the TV?
Is it isf calibrated?
Whats your sound setup?
These are all questions that you didnt answer op.

HDR, laddie.
Even a 2K master looks amazing with it.
Would surely make Your Name. even better in 4K even if it's most likely a 2K upscale.

Also, my TV is an LG G6 4K OLED TV.
Yes, I calibrated it with separate options for both vidya and kino.
My surround sound setup is an Onkyo THX 11.2 system.

>I am personally hoping for 4K remasters of Makoto Shinkai's films
pfft, Why? They're very underwhelming visually aside from some, not all, of the backgrounds. A 4K transfer of Otomo's, Oshii's, or Kon's films I would get, but Shinkai's stuff looks brazenly like made-for-TV junk to the trained eye. Go make one of the good background pieces into a wallpaper if you like them so much but don't buy a 4K Blu-ray when his stuff has such stock character designs and flavorless animation.

>HDR
Yeah whatever.

>Yes, I calibrated it with separate options
You calibrated squat.
Have fun bud.

I have an Xbox One S so if I had a 4k tv I could play 4k movies. But I don't care enough at the moment. Also, I'm broke.

I still buy blu-rays though. Criterion, blockbusters, some of my favorite smaller films from the last 20 years, rare foreign stuff. I like having a binder of discs to flip through as opposed to a list on my computer. It's more fun. Yeah, eventually they will all rot and turn to dust, just like my body - so what. When I'm here on this earth I'll enjoy the little things.

Recently I bought some Criterion movies and the re-releases of The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.

Still buying blu-rays. In fact got this one in the mail today.

Are you blind?
Shinkai's films look amazing. Not Miyazaki-tier but still very great.
And I said Shinkai's films since they are more likely because Your Name. is getting the 4K treatment and the other movies may also get a 4K treatment.

why?

How big is your screen and how far away are your eyes?

77" and my eyes are like thirteen feet away from the screen.

I haven't bothered making the jump to 4K yet. I haven't even bothered updating most of my DVDs into bluray. Most of my collection is of older films that either never will get an HD release and even if they have, I don't think the increased resolution will make much of a difference. If it's something that's come out in the past 10-15 years like Dredd, Paranorman etc sure but otherwise I'm just happy having a relatively clear, non cropped physical copy that can't be taken away from me by some faceless corporate streaming service revoking my "license" to watch it.

>Are you still getting physical media?
Yes
>And do you have 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs and a player?
Not yet, put I plan to sometime in the near future

*but

>DVD
honestly they're fine for a lot of things. Besides, my eyes aren't great so I don't know if I would be able to notice unless I stood right in front of the TV

Anime in 4K is overkill, most of it is mastered in 2K and I don't think illustrated content will benefit as much from HDR as something photographed.

Crown jewels of 4K?
Billy Lynn's Halftime Walk, actually shot in 4K at 60 fps. Movie is shit besides the PTSD scene but it's fascinating to look at.
Planet Earth II that fucking lizard chase goddamn
Batman v Superman is extra kino in 4K

LG OLED master race represent
Those perfect black levels, makes me miss my TV when I'm at the movie theater
Is your 11.2 system Atmos compatible or just regular 11.2?