Venture Bros Thread

Favorite episode?

I'm currently rewatching season 5 and I think it has some great episodes despite it's length.

>Gary/#21 recruiting former henchmen for S.P.H.I.N.X, not realizing they were former members and obviously villainous
>That Cobra Commander knock-off

Also, why are the commentaries so comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Music-Venture-Bros-Two-Thirlwell/dp/B01DER949I/ref=pd_sim_15_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61kb5yxEoyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0FWCMJR53A68AP3A0JMT
youtube.com/watch?v=nr_jIUmxGnY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>That Cobra Commander knock-off
I love how his voice was permanently in loud, hammy mode. I love his design (outside of costume) as well.

Shame he didn't get more screen time.

Spanakopita is top tier for me. plus OSI love you is just brilliantly written.
>A stripper??
>exotic dancer you misongynist

my fav has to be either Handsome Randsom or Home is where hate is.

The episode where Hank lives in New York to intern for Dr Impossible who is trying to hide the fact that he is forming a supervillain group while Rusty mooches off of Hank while he writes his musical was great.

Also that ending was priceless.

>you got it buddy

it was Dean. Hank was off getting laid and being a detective. but revenge society is always great.

>think youre getting outta here alive slim? fat chance!
>going...down!
>BOOOOOOOOOO

Who is best boy
It's obviously Dean

oops I meant Dean

Fat Chance was so stupid that he was hilarious. I love how the creators thought of the name fat chance and worked backwards from it to create a literal version of that.

I also love how once he controls his power he become fat CHOICE

>not Dermott

Oh. So you're on of THOSE faggots.

Commentaries are good but annoying sometimes in off topic. One episode they spent 10 minutes reading some old People's Magazine article list of the years top 30 stars and then ignore interesting scenes I'd like to hear about.

I'm a Venture fan to a stupid degree so I think about this a lot.

If I'm going to try to pin down the quintessential Venture Brothers episode, it's probably "Escape to the House of Mummies, Part 2." It's the perfect balance of being irreverent but having the characters be invested in the world, but with just the right amount of the characters being self-aware of how ridiculous their world is.

I think that episode has some of the best Dr. Venture/Orpheus interactions in the whole series.

>The scene with their pissing contest with magic vs. science.

Dr. Venture lighting the match always fucking gets me.

Just reminding everybody.

amazon.com/Music-Venture-Bros-Two-Thirlwell/dp/B01DER949I/ref=pd_sim_15_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61kb5yxEoyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0FWCMJR53A68AP3A0JMT

It's coming. Go Team Venture.

will it have Jacket or that Prog rock song that Dean was listening to?

Jacket? no. Thirlwell didn't have any part of that. That was WEEP. I doubt it'll have that prog rock song either.

Thirlwell didn't do those? not even that prog rock song?

I know the vocals for Jacket were Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick doing a duet in-character

Are we getting a special to wrap up this season like with all this and gargantua-2?

Gargantua 2 was actually considered the opening for the current season (even though the original plan was for it to close off season 5), so probably not.

>I know the vocals for Jacket were Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick doing a duet in-character

Jacket was done entirely by Doc and Jackson.

>That was WEEP.

I retract this. I was under the impression that WEEP was solely Doc and Jackson. Which upon further investigation is not the case. In the credits of Operation PROM it's credited being done by Shallow Gravy, which one could atribute to being done solely by Doc and Jackson.. and possibly Soul Bot.

But yeah, in all, Thirlwell didn't do Jacket.

And I don't know about the prog rock song. But I doubt it was him. Could've been Jasper McVain again for all I know.

I don't think I have a single favorite episode, but I want to say it was Brizby Land, at least for the sake of this scene.

I will say that my favorite story arc is the one with the Monarch in prison, breaking out, and then recruiting gangsters as his new henchmen.

>6 seasons
>over 13 years
>Because of the long wait between seasons, I end up forgetting everything I watched
>Now I only recognize the characters and the basics of what's going on
>tfw missing all the callback jokes and continuity

Well thanks for claifying.

>And I don't know about the prog rock song. But I doubt it was him. Could've been Jasper McVain again for all I know.

It should probably say in the credits for that episode, I'm too lazy to check at the moment though.

That's what makes rewatching so much better, you'd be surprised at how much you missed and its quite fun to go through and look at everything in hindsight.

I honestly want it to end at this point, but it's only because of how much I like Venture Bros. I'm just so exhausted with waiting for new episodes that I don't really care anymore, and I want the show to end before I stop caring for good. I was hoping this season would be the last, but apparently not. I think I may have one more season left in me, but we'll see in 2~ years.

Also, don't forget that the last two seasons are technically one that they had to split in half due to budget issues.

>It should probably say in the credits for that episode

It doesn't.

double dammit

>Also, don't forget that the last two seasons are technically one that they had to split in half due to budget issues.

No, that's not the case. Doc and Jackson elected to do shorter seasons because full 13 episode seasons where too much for them to do given the limited personnel they have. So now they're condensing what would otherwise be a 13 episode season into 7 or 8 episode seasons. They still have the same budget stuff they've always had. The problem is that they just never got more. So now they're sacrificing quantity to increase quality for what they do have.

user, you said the double-D word!

Leaked by [adult swim] themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=nr_jIUmxGnY

>Favorite episode?

Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean.

the episode were hank becomes capitan sunshines sidekick has the monarch at his best.
Its amazing how he can be incredibly competent when he is not chasing venture around and still be in character.

Love Bheits will always be one of my favorites.

>I feel... a lump

so we are moving on from rusty doing jack shit while the monarch takes over the show?

YOUR NAME IS BITCH