ITT: Tropes you can't stand

>Its a Benny Hill parody
>Painfully obvious sound-alike is not yakkity sax

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>character has a tragic past
>never shuts up about it

>It's a silent Tom and Jerry homage episode.

I haven't seen this much before. Sounds interesting

>it's a cliffhanger ending

i fucking hate these things because usually when a show does this there's like a 50/50 chance of the show being canceled or being put on the back burner for 15 years

>Character finds love interest
>Charaters are very happy together and have a lot in common

Sorry, this is not goig to work cuz:

>There's a minor thing in you that i can't stand
>We had "one" fight, with a stupid reason

And the worst of all
>Cuz another character is not happy with me being happy with you, and my happines comes in last place

I don't know if I've seen this but I think I can make it worse

>after everything you said
>another character gets with said character
>"what's wrong [first character], can't be appreciative for me and other character's happiness?"

Panty and Stocking's ending was a joke though, assuming pic related

>character is a nice and kind person
>when they get angry they talk in a demonic voice

So tired of this shit

>Villain: I am above you all!
>Villain wants to destroy/control the world because its not perfect.

>character learns a cool gimmick
>it's used once to beat the episodic villain in the same episode that the trick was learned in
>it is never used ever again in later episodes even though it could've extremely useful

What makes those bad is the fact that no one can fucking do them right.

>Pantyfags still getting BTFO'd

>there are people who think stocking is best girl

>Pantyfags
More like Stockingfags are mad their waifu was made evil within the last minute of the show with no resolution

does psg qualify as an anime or cartoon ?

i mean it's made in japan but it takes a lot from western cartoons

You're trying to make me break Global Rule 15, aren't you?

>There is a gay character who has no other characterization other than being gay

>All characters who disagree with the Creator's Pet, even if they have valid points are treated like crap.

>A woman is in a relationship where she gets hit and it's treated as the end of the fucking world. A woman hits their romantic partner and it is seen as empowering.

Also a trope which is connected to cartoons but is more about the fans then the actual creators.

>Show has a constantly angsting deturagonist. Fans constantly say that the deturagonist should be the main protagonist.

>Item or character gets introduced in one episode.
>Item or character looks and/or sounds interesting
>Only shows up for that episode and is never mentioned again.

>Main character faces new villain
>Villain turns out to be an evil clone/twin of main character.

Bonus points if it's in a poorly done episode.

>the plot could be solved immediately if two characters had some sort of small rectangular box in their pockets with which they could speak to each other or otherwise communicate

Nope, I don't get mad over cartoons buddy ;)

Fucking anime fags, I swear.

But seriously, I agree.

>Also, irl those people who say "When I get angry, I get angry."

Anime are cartoons are the same thing, but P&G was made in Japan so it's anime.

Says you, Satan.

>Mean girl character notices something cute.
>"OMG IT'S SOOOOO ADORABLE!!"
>Notices that she is getting looks.
>"Err, I mean.... pffffff so what?"

>Cartoon Characters switch bodies
>Retain their voices cause kids are too stupid to understand whats happening

>Villainous is completely screwed
>No possible way for her to escape or get away
>Opponent is a male
>She pretends to be a weak feeble little thing, or uses her sexuality
>Man underestimates her
>Gets away cause lol men are idiots.

Men aren't idiots, but boners are idiots. It's hard to fight that hardwired programming.

>dads are all dumb incompetent oafs
>oh, but he's so loved by everyone! That makes it ok to portray fathers as morons! Its funny!

>male vs female episode
>all the male characters start to act really sexist out of nowhere

>It ends with females winning and basically telling kids that girls are better than boys

If you think I'm making this up, I actually used to think like that when I was littleand I'm a guy

>Miscommunications/misunderstandings that only serve to cause needless drama.
I hate all of this

Usually it's:
>gets away because "muh chivalry"

>Character time travels or switches bodies with someone else
>Has to spend the majority of the episode convincing their FRIENDS that they aren't just some crazy person off the street despite having intimate knowledge.

That trope in asian cartoons when they close their eyes when they're smiling

>MC finally captures the main antagonist who tried to commit a mass genocide
>the antagonist is guaranteed to go out and kill again if he gets out alive
>"I won't kill you because that won't make me any better than you."

>MC needs to defeat antagonist in a competition
>MC practiced harder and wins
or
>the MC lost but the antagonist cheated and MC still wins in the end
>will never teach children the hard lesson that no matter how hard you try there are gonna be people that are just naturally better

A million times this. Even as a kid I thought that was bullshit.

Wait, what?

Stocking was a HUGE bitch, almost as bad if not more of a shitty person as Panty.

Depends how they play this trope. I mean, if they do it in a way where the MC immediately just does the whole 'killing makes me just like you' then I agree it's total shit.

But when good writers do this trope then it is fucking fantastic. This youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs is a great example. The MC (Batman) obviously wants and has every reason to kill Joker. But he won't. For two reasons. Because he knows the moment he does, killing will just become easier and easier. He won't become Joker or anything as retarded as that (Any writer who genuinely thinks this should be shot in the head and buried). He'll become a man like Ra's, a man who will do whatever he feels is necessary no matter how amoral and will then justify it by saying it was for the greater good. Second Bruce knows that the moment he does, Joker has won, proving is point that everyone is the same as him.

>Character looks like they're dead
>They actually aren't but we all fucking knew that because rarely anyone ever kills off a main character.

And the boys NEVER win, it's always the girls who come out the victors, it's a tie, or something happens to prevent either teams from going on any further.
Right there with you.
Victim characters drive me up a wall.

>MC loses to a guy who has been training and fighting for years
>MC trains for a week
>he is suddenly on the same power level as the guy he lost to

>Characters stand still screaming in the face of danger like idiots instead of running
LOOKING AT YOU GRAVITY FALLS

This. I'm the Stockingfag from above but her being evil wasn't like a complete 180 in her character.

>character does a trick against a villain
>we never saw or heard that this guy learned it

That's just bad writing.

But this one is fine
Pic related for a recent example

Justice League did it correctly as they didn't switch voices

> female character is the smart one

nothing breaks immersion faster

>black guy is the smart one

if there's a black female I might as well drop the show

I'm more pissed of because
>he ends up losing all the time

Death metal panda.

>ends up losing all the time

Kind of gives me an idea for a villain who operates on luck and karma. In that, for every awful loss that happens, they can use it for better karma at some point.

So they devise a plan to, as carefully as possible, always manage to lose despite going all-out and always getting fucking wrecked.

Then, in the finale, they finally use their karmic power, and unleash the unthinkable amount of strength and terror built on top of a thousand agonizing and ruinous defeats.

Full fucking party wipe.

while I completely understand the first part of the argument I really don't get the second argument

so what if the joker "wins". Wouldn't it be a heroic thing to lose if doing so saves countless lives?

>it's a shitty Apocalypse Now-spoof with Ride of the Valkyries

Sounds interesting

Fucking Danny Phantom, he used Ice Powers once and never bothered with them again. Also PPG was notorious for this shit.

To the Joker, the world is this place on the edge, all it takes is a push and boom everything is done. Batman basically tells Joker, that you are a weak man who just snapped. He needs to continue to keep arresting the Joker and allowing him to suffer the consequences of the law. The moment he snaps and kills the Joker, he knows that the Joker will think that he is right.

Killing Joker is also a bit of a domino effect, as seen in Beyond and Injustice. People will idolize him, believe him to be a revolutionary who was killed doing the right thing. Not thugs who are getting paid, no, people who genuinely believe and enjoy the man's insanity. Therefore, killing Joker could cause even more chaos and destruction than arresting him ever could

I don't care if this one has already been said, if it has then it's worth mentioning again
>two characters get into an argument over a misunderstanding
>the entire problem could be resolved if they just spoke like normal people to each other instead of staying as ambiguous as possible in their arguing so that they can't realize it was a misunderstanding.

Seriously, I fucking hate this crap, especially when the writers do it so shittily that the dialogue they wrote to make the characters avoid saying something that would clear up the misunderstanding doesn't even sound like something people would normally say for any reason because it's been written in such a contrived way to pad out the length of the argument to reach a dramatic enough moment.

Really fucking pisses me off.

the smart one has OCD

>MC's superhero costume is some small mask that doesn't even cover his entire face or head
>anyone who has known the MC for longer than a week could easily point him out in his "costume"
>"Wow I wonder who this superhero is"

Batman doesn't trust himself to say kill the Joker and ONLY the Joker. He knows if he kills one villain he'll be able to justify killing more, and eventually become a dictator. So instead he draws a line and refuses to cross it instead of blurring the boundaries of what he's willing to do.

Also he has faith in the people of Gotham and the justice system to sort out criminals once he brings them in, it's just that he's in a comic book so nothing can actually ever get done.

It's something that works for Batman, because he's portrayed as a character that rides the very fine line between criminal and hero, but completely falls apart when applied to other characters.

>it's a body changing episode
>the characters' voices also switch

Every time

I want a story where Joker admits he wouldn't win if he got killed by Batman (since he'd be dead and all), but he acts like this is the case because it makes Batman stop himself from killing him.

>It's meant to be a "silent" cartoon tribute
>characters make "Ah", "Mmph", "Er" sounds every five seconds.

>Avatar is anime

>Cartoon characters switch bodies
>Voice actors do spot-on impressions of each others' speech
Rescue Bots is a gift.

>dumps girl cause they have one minor thing different from each other.
>goes out with MC girl even though they have almost nothing in common
>despite characters having a dysfunctional relationship they got together because "there was just a spark that night!"

>villain frames hero/MC and it works because everyone the hero/MC knows become complete idiots who immediately believe the hero/MC would do such things

Could there be an any lazier and retarded way to generate conflict?

NATURE OF LOVE
hijinks ensue
etc...

What shows are the worst offenders of bad tropes?

johnny test?

Yup I can see

Fuck that show

Dan Vs Dan was great though

>Bullying is bad, even though the asshole who started it deserves it.

>That fucking Simpsons episode where they poke fun at British humour by dragging out Benny Hill

Not only are they picking on something that's very old, the Simpsons itself is the epitome of shitty, dated humour.

>character's power is explicitly removing heat, does not include any sort of control over water
>still creates huge blocks of ice hundreds of times the mass of the water in the air
>also this magic ice causes no lasting damage to people even if they're completely encased

>bullying episode
>can't show the character getting bullied just deck the bully in the mouth because it's a kids show and that'll set a bad example
>has to stop the bully through some horse shit method, like telling a teacher, that usually lands the kid in more shit when it happens in real life
I have never once seen a bullying problem continue after the kid getting bullied rears back and gives the bully a solid hay maker to the nose.

A lot of cartoons claim "ALL BULLIES ARE JUST COWARDS!!" which is only half of the truth. The full truth is they fuck with people who they know won't retaliate.

He wasn't a clone or twin though. He's some asshole who stole dans identity and that's what made it great.

me during gurren lagann

Fighting back against bullying in the United States gets you suspended no matter the school or if they physically hurt you.

This is not a joke.

>It's a love triangle episode

is yakkety sax even hard to get these days? I don't get why they'd spend money for a rip off when the original is probably cheap as fuck.
that said
>People investigate about UFO
>not-Xfiles music start playing

>awkwardly autistic character who literally acts like he has uncontrollable ADHD (see: Robin from the shitty new teen titans reboot)

>It's a body changing episode
>The voices don't switch

>Character says they don't believe in UFOs
>Character uses the term UFO when it's landed and clearly some sort of vehicle
It just means unidentified flying object. A butterfly can be a UFO if you're stupid.

I've been bullied.
I've gotten into a fist fight with a dude who was bullying me.
Trust me, 3 days suspension is a much preferable option to being bullied for the entire semester.

I guess that says a lot about the state of the American Education system and how it deals with bullying, but hey one problem at a time.

Zero Tolerance is one of the most retarded policies the American school system has created. Everything bad is equal no matter why or how and the victim is just as guilty as the perpetrator.

>he doesn't think Stocking is best girl
i bet you're an Asukafag too.

The secret to winning against a bully is one of two things.

1. Frame them: Most bullies do the exact most to get you angry and weak but just at the edge of getting caught. Therefore, you need to provoke them into fucking themselves over. Provoke them into hitting you and make sure you don't fight back. Trick them into doing something that incriminates them. All of this has worked for me.

2. Scare the hell out of them. Fighting is useless in this regard, because the odds are they probably fight more than the average person. What you have to do is intimidate them. Have you ever told a person "I'm going to kill you?" And sounded like you actually meant it? It's an incredibly effective way to stop someone. There was a kid who was bullying me back in high school who had a dad in the military and who claimed he was being trained to go into the army himself (note: this is likely bullshit). All it took was one single glare and saying "If you do this to me again, I will kill you and nobody will care that I did." And he almost pissed himself. Tried to get on my good side the rest of high school.

>its a boys vs girls episode
>its a psychical competition
>girls always win because boys winning would be sexist

>anime parody
>shounen anime reference
>sailor moon eyes and triangle mouth
Nothing tells the age of teh writers more than this and it's hillarious.

>All it took was one single glare and saying "If you do this to me again, I will kill you and nobody will care that I did." And he almost pissed himself. Tried to get on my good side the rest of high school.
lel, okay.

>New character shows up
>Their presence threatens the MC in some wa despite them not being malicious in any way
>They turn into an asshole out of the blue at the end
It's just so fucking lazy

In Justice League, they had the actors record each other's lines as if the voices had switched, then told the proper actor to imitate those recordings so that it would have the infliction of the other character.

>he likes Stocking
>he likes Rei
Holy shit it's worse than I thought

>Rei
>not Misato