What is the worst adaptation of any Sup Forums character?

What is the worst adaptation of any Sup Forums character?

Doesn't necessarily have to be live-action adaptations, can be in any medium.

Pic probably not related.

Oh you know where this is going.

I think it's probably easier to point out "most damaging" over "worst"

John Stewart is at the top of the list there

Barakapool cannot be topped.

I was literally just about to make a thread like this

just him?

Im going to go with all of the Bay Transformers, specifically Optimus

Probably Spidey and Vulture, I guess. I don't think they fucked up the other Spidey rogues too badly. Everyone else is just mediocre.

I wanna say Keanu Reeves as Constantine, The whole thing was a terrible Hellblazer adaptation. It was however a fun movie on it's own once you get past that. Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare were wonderful in their respective roles.

>Probably Spidey and Vulture, I guess

>Venom
>Carnage
>Doc Ock
>Scorpion
>Rhino
>Sandman

Do ya think young Arthur had a pocket pussy?

Fuck that, I want Looter and the Big Wheel.

You want looter and Big Wheel to suck too?

Oksana

He was basically just a coin-themed Joker, working alongside Jim Carrey as riddle-themed Joker.

Eric Foreman Venom was one of the better parts of that movie.

I never noticed they sharpened his teeth in this scene until today.

Either one, really.

Galactus

I didn't know Alan Ritchson was Aquaman at one point.

how?

Not horrifically bad. He's rather good at points. The tornado scene has just become a meme.

because his comic character actually changed as a result into that lifeless, bland marine

Good god, this. I defend Man of Steel to the death, but when people bring up Jonathan Kent in that movie I have nothing to say in defense of his portrayal. His behavior THAT WHOLE MOVIE makes no sense. The scene you posted is a big, bleeding plot hole in that movie.

This should have been a red flag that Zack Snyder has a fundamental problem of understanding characters.

Parallax.

Giant Space farts are not villains anybody want to see in movie and whenever one is put into a movie a studio executive should be publicly flogged.

I don't know why they didn't just go with Legion, it and Parallax are both equal levels of LITERALLY WHO to anyone that doesn't read comics.

>His behavior THAT WHOLE MOVIE makes no sense. The scene you posted is a big, bleeding plot hole in that movie.
Only if you're stupid.

It's not just a meme, it's a legitimately poor portrayal. The values the Kent's instill in Supes is crucial to his character, and this adaptation has him constantly discouraging his son from doing anything heroic.

I promise I'm not false flagging when I say I defend this movie to people. I love MoS, I force people to watch it with me. I have a big, kick ass MoS limited poster above my computer right now.

His logic is terrible. Let's walk this out.
>tornado coming
>dog is still in the car, must save pup
>people will assume my young, athletic looking son is an alien with superpowers if he tries to save the dog
>so I will go instead, because there's no way anyone would assume the same thing about an old farmer for the exact same action

It makes no sense. You can't even say he sacrificed himself for the dog because A) that'd be stupid and B) he did not plan on getting his foot caught in the car. I love the rest of the movie, but this scene is a festering wound.

you're forgetting people already assumed things about Clark because he used his powers in front of people, though.

telling Clark not to use his powers there as about Clark not being adult enough to make that decision and live wit the consequences. he's not a man yet, as shown by his "your not my real dad" shit in the car immediately before.

If Zack Snyder was any director except Zack Snyder, I would say that this was intentional. That Pa Kent being such a discouraging father explains why Superman is disappointingly unheroic in both Man of Steel and BvS. Especially in BvS. He does not have those values, but still feels the responsibility.

But this is Zack Snyder.

Meh
He's a concerned father who doesn't know all the answers. Aside from the tornado scene he's pretty decent

It's not a good scene, and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Although it could easily have been fixed by having 12 year old clark there instead of 30 year old clark.

That's a fair point, Clark is very immature at that point. It was while he was in college, right?

But there's no reason Clark would have had to clearly use his powers. Jonathan has no powers, and he rescued the dog. If Clark was in the same situation, he could have rescued the dog in the same fashion. If Clark's foot got stuck, he could just free himself without doing something obvious like kicking the car 1,000 feet away.

It's just very clear that the people writing and directing that scene did not think out the logic to it at all.

It's not even fucking close.

>It's just very clear that the people writing and directing that scene did not think out the logic to it at all.
I think they did. MoS is all about Clark becoming a man and loss of innocence. The logic of that scene is that Clark isn't one yet. He's not a man because he's not ready to make choices and to deal with the consequences of his actions. The reason Clark couldn't save Pa Kent is because he couldn't choose to act on his own. His father's hand stopped him. His death showed Clark the consequences of being a man.

I'd argue Clark really isn't on his way to becoming a man until BvS. MoS starts him on the road. That's why he's wandering aimlessly, vandalizes that guy's struck, etc.

oh god

>Clark couldn't save Pa Kent

That's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm saying that Clark should have been the only person to attempt rescuing the dog in the first place.

No one would think it odd if a college aged guy tried to save his dog. He's clearly not disabled in some obvious way. I know they would be suspicious of Clark because of shit he did when he was younger, but not to the point where a young man trying to save a dog would be immediate red flags.

The only reason Pa Kent died was because his foot got stuck. It was then that the "no invincible son" meme scene comes into play. I'm saying that Clark would not have gotten stuck, and could have easily done so without revealing his abilities.

I understand clearly why they felt the need to kill Pa Kent from a story telling standpoint, I'm just pointing out how they did a bad job of killing him.

BvS Lex is a top contender.

They were just dumb and wanted to do something "original" instead of just using the heart attack to kill him.

......you know it's true...

There's no way they could have known how that would have played out, though. Pa Kent went with worse case scenario because he's cautious and protective of Clark. He is his father after all.

No normal man would send his son to risk his life like that. Sending your son toward a tornado would be out of the ordinary. Fathers risk for their children, especially men like Pa Kent.

And, dog lovers are idiots.

I originally thought the sacrifice death was inferior to the heart attack. I changed my mind though. The heart attack shows the limits of Clark's power. The sacrifice shows the limits of his maturity.

>No normal man would send his son to risk his life like that.
That doesn't mean Clark couldn't have saved him anyway instead of standing there like a retard and letting his father die.

That's my point. Clark standing there not saving him is not a script or plot flaw. It's a demonstration of Clark's adolescence and lack of maturity because he let someone else decide for him. He cannot choose to save his father because the choice isn't his to make. "Superman" is literally stopped by his father's hand.

MoS is the story of how a being with godlike powers turned into a nice person despite having a misandrist as a father

maybe that was their intention but it ultimately comes across as just a dumb thing in the writing rather than the character doing something dumb or wrong and ends up not really reflecting upon Clark at all, just the writers

poor execution is a hell of a thing

Batbitches really love them some Joker tho.

at that point in time, he wasn't Superman and he doesn't become Superman until he finds the suit in the ship

he was just a boy with extraordinary powers that he didn't know how to control well

Did nobody post him yet because it was too obvious?

I think he could have been good. If everything about this movie wasn't the worst

Only if you refuse to look at what characters do in terms of characters in their context. There seems to be an unwillingness of people to think and actually interpret what they're seeing. Viewing shouldn't be passive.

Eisenberg's spastic Luthor
Costner's sociopathic Pa Kent
CW's Green "dark knight" Arrow

And Michael Caine as Alfred as a relentlessly harping Jewish mother with a lower-class East side accent, who fucking hides a letter from Bruce's not-girlfriend and lets him go catatonic with grief for 8 years.

Fuck, really most anyone Goyer has touched, now that I think of it.

Yes. That's why "Superman" is in quotes.

Actually, I'd argue that he isn't fully Superman is MoS, but he's on his way. He becomes Superman when choose to sacrifice himself in BvS. He's still pretty naive in BvS, which is was the whole point of that suicide bomber and his lament that he didn't even think to look for something like that.

If you take the Schumacher films as a homage to the 60's Batman show, it's really not too bad, and the characters aren't badly done.

His Bane is less hilariously stupid than Nolan's.

I get the feeling that Schumacher really wasn't very aware of the Burton films when he started making these. Or something.

Oh boy.

One of THOSE faggots

>Costner's sociopathic Pa Kent
If he was a sociopath, he would have encouraged Clark to use his powers however he saw fit, including mopping the floor with that bully.

He was a regular guy trying to grapple with issues bigger than himself that he was ill-equipped to deal with and protect his son, whom he loved.

In context it just made no sense, you're doing an intentional misread because you're trying to see something that wasn't there. Even if what you're saying is actually what they were trying to do they failed because again it is not there. It was just dumb.

>The scene you posted is a big, bleeding plot hole in that movie.
Define plot hole

That's cold, man. I thought Arnold did a really cool job with the role.

>regular guy
>suggests his son should have let a bunch of children drown

Uh huh.

Sociopath might not be the right word but Pa Kent never would have even thought of telling his son to let a bunch of children drown in order to keep his powers a secret.

I'm digging obscure for this one.

This was J Jonah Jameson in the live action American Spider-man TV show.

He didn't yell or get angry that much. He didn't really hate Spider-man and he was pretty nice to Peter Parker and would pay his travel expenses to send him to where he said he'd take pictures of Spider-man.

I don't think he smoked either.

Aside from being cheap I don't think he did anything else in-character.

That's my nomination for worst adaptation. The show he was in was so bad that Stan Lee preferred the Japanese Spider-man show to it.

Each and every time a character is made into an ethnicity he or she was never created as.

Double points if the gender is changed too

while at the same time depicting humanity as a bunch of baboons that would tear themselves apart if they knew there was something bigger in the universe

Fuck, forgot the pic.

We've had this discussion more than a few times, it wasn't convincing then, it's not going to convince anyone now.

He went from feeding his son Messianic nonsense about his greater purpose on Earth to being cheese that he saved the kids he went to school with from dying horribly in a manner that Clark could easily and safely prevent.

He was so adamant about his son "not ruining his life by celebrity or being infamous" that he thought it was acceptable for him to stand idly by while one of his parents was ripped to shreds.

You could see the Kent family going to the zoo, Martha getting knocked into the Tiger pit, and Jonathan waving him off "they'll know who you are Clark, THEY'LL COME TO DISSECT YOU."

Guy was a fucking nutjob.

>Bill Murray only signed on because he thought one of the Coen brothers was on board, but he realized too late that the paper said Cohen

He said "Maybe".
Obviously the message was that Pa Kent didn't know the answer, he just wanted Clark to stay safe.

He was suicial.
He couldn't live with with his family hiding their true nature.

Nigga Blaxter was the best thing in Turtles '03

Thats an ICE thing to say

He says maybe, not fuck those kids.

That whole scene is a man trying to grapple with the issues his son and his powers represent, and his own conflicting impulses. His chief one, because he's a father, is to protect his son. That's not sociopathy, nor is it particularly evil.

>hidden plotline about Pa Kent struggling to make ends meet on the farm
>kills himself for the life insurance money
fukin brilliant m8

>You were supposed to keep your powers a secret.

>What was I supposed to do, let them die?

>"Good Lord, no. I mean, they saw you. Help when you can, but don't let them see you. They're not ready. You're not ready.

Was that so hard

Is he wrong? Superman's appearance does change everything.

It's sad that the average Sup Forums autist can hammer out a better script than Goyer, even Man of Shill here.

>He said "Maybe".

Exactly, when his answer should have been "no".

Pa Kent's entire angle in that movie makes very little sense, especially since it ends up being pointless anyway, with Clark doing tons of obvious shit like ruining peoples trucks, getting found out by Lois Lane, and then being forced to reveal his powers by Zod anyway.

It just makes Pa Kent look like a really cold, paranoid old man. Who then proceeds to pointlessly commit suicide via tornado.

"Maybe let those kids, of which some are your friends, die"

even Smallville had a better Pa Kent

>He went from feeding his son Messianic nonsense about his greater purpose on Earth to being
He didn't feed his son messianic nonsense. He told him that whatever man he grows up to be will change the world. This is the sort of shit people tell their kids.

I'm sorry your father never told you anything like that.

while on this topic, I hate anyone that says George Clooney as batman was terrible and the worst incarnation.

I loved him.

Nuance is difficult when you are rushing to your next super-cool CGI setpiece.

And so Clark became the Flash

Chill out, user. I thought Arnie as Freeze was really cool.

You mean the invasion of giant alien ship and the invasion changes everything.

If Superman spent years building his public image before being a hero things would have been different, instead his reveal to the world is as a possible spy hiding between us followed by a battle that kills thousand and despite that humanity kept going fine.

People tell their kids to try their hardest and be the best person they can be.
They don't tell then :"an he grows up to be WILL change the world." or lead humanity into the sun.

But I acknowledge that you've had years of practice on these mental gymnastics and can argue this half-awake.

I know "autism" gets thrown around a lot, but it's hard to explain the sort of superficial, contextless "interpretation" that is so common here without it.

all things considered, the best things to come out of the Schumacher films were George Clooney Batman and Gotham's colorful design

I'd wager it's a bit different when your son literally has world-quaking powers. It's one thing to pull a "son, we're always proud of you, you don't need trophies to prove it" a la the end of incredibles, it's another thing to say "don't save me and many others from being horribly maimed and killed because government boogeymen might come to do...something (not that they can hurt you, because you're invincible.) "

>I know "autism" gets thrown around a lot but my shitpost requires me to say it so here I go

That's a great point you made there, chief.

They wouldn't have shown up if Clark wasn't on earth.

>lead humanity into the sun.
Jor-El tells him that.

>"an he grows up to be WILL change the world."
I guess your parents didn't have high expectations for you. Sorry?

>mental gymnastics
Look, you can either interpret art or you can just passively watch whatever flashes by on the screen. Things are much more interesting and meaningful if you engage your mind.

Yes, all movies are enjoyable if you write 5 hours of headcanon explaining all the wtf moments in them. My question is, why haven't you done this for Iron Man 2 or Dark World?

Superman 64 is objectively the only correct answer.

What do I win?

Do you have an argument other than petty insults?

Snyder fans never do.