How come she is physically stronger than him, though?

How come she is physically stronger than him, though?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LIdFa1qLgNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xenomorph > Human

Because he had a hole through his stomach

He just got shot you retard

He got shot.

1. He got shot.
2. It is canon that Jedi and Sith can use the force to boost their psychical strength.
3. Mary Sue

>Mary Sue/Hollywood's nonstop barrage on white men

fpbp

He got shot by a bowcaster, hit by a lightsaber and emotionally fucked up by murdering his father.
She's more powerful in the Force than him, got that meme force boost from the vision and is a Mary sue, ofcourse she's stronger in this situation.

He is just......bad. Like really really bad.

This, people who dislike this movie always ignore it. He's bleeding and hitting himself so he doesn't pass out prior to chasing them down

They wouldn't put these details in by mistake, it was clearly there for it to make sense that this fight would be reasonable with an experienced force user against a non-experience force user

>Adam Driver
>White

What's the point of having him in movies if he is this weak? Why didn't they just kill him off?

This thread perfectly highlights one of the biggest problems TFA has.

Everyone is making excuses for the fucking villain. The dynamic is all wrong.

Because he's an actually compelling character and Han Solo and Leias son.

Star Wars is just a family drama set in space really.

Even shot he should have been able to easily overpower a 90 pound (QUARTER RATION) girl

>It is canon that Jedi and Sith can use the force to boost their psychical strength.

FORCE KICK

> Hurr just because it completely deflates him as a threat in all future encounters doesn't mean it's bad story telling goy- guy.

The right question is: how does she knows that Jedi can manipulate minds if she didn't even know if they ever existed in the first place??

>Because he had a hole through his stomach

we are talking male vs. female strength here my man. he could have 20 holes and 20 jedi up on the hills force sapping his strength or whatever bullshit they wanted to come up with. he would still be stronger. a male twice the size of a female is so much stronger there is very little in this reality or any other that would allow her to be stronger then him. There comes a point, even in sci fi, when something is so unrealistic it crosses over into just silly and breaks immersion.

What I don't get is that he literally freeze and force pushes her into a tree, before fighting Finn.

Why couldn't he do that again?

and the following question would be: who teached her to do it?

or she listened to an audio book Jedi techniques back in Jakku?

he got shot and it's time to end the movie. no time for her to struggle and have to find some clever way to turn the tables.

That's the reason I actually want Kylo Ren to end up being the redeemed hero, while Rey is the fallen villain.

>it's time to end the movie
>if i walk, move will be over

> Luke can barely budge a rock without training.
> Rey can do anything.

Rly mks u tink.

He's pure white man from christian family.

By a weapon that was launching stormtroopers dozens of feet, no less.

FEMALES ARE STRONG AS HELL

youtube.com/watch?v=LIdFa1qLgNQ

Didn't she just experienced getting mind raped by Kylo Ren before trying it herself?

Why do people think Rey had never heard of the Force before? She clearly shows familiarity with Luke Skywalker and the Jedi, she had heard stories of them. This is just the first time she had confirmation that they were real.

She lived in the asshole of the galaxy in a junkyard, she didn't have space internet.

Rey is just stronger.

mmm yes, but that teach you how to do it??

>It is canon that Jedi and Sith can use the force to boost their psychical strength.

Well, then Rey is stronger than a guy with strenght boosted by force.

rey is just gonna end up being luke's daughter or some other bullshit related to the skywalker family, star wars is a bad telenovela now

>Why do people think Rey had never heard of the Force before? She clearly shows familiarity with Luke Skywalker and the Jedi, she had heard stories of them.
She has heard stories...

So if I have heard stories about something that means I know how to do what Jedis can do after years and years of training????

Yeah but that came across as a massive cop out. It was never established that she had any force powers before that point. What the writers should have done was not just show that she's force sensitive but instead show that she actively made use of the force in her own ways on Jakku. If she's as powerful as they've made her out to be then it seems unlikely to me that she'd have never at any point accidentally made any use of her power before. They should have had a couple of scenes of her trying to manipulate people and objects with the force on Jakku with some limited success. This would have not only established that she didn't learn everything all at once as she did in the current film, but it also would have created a greater emotional triumph when she finally force pulls Luke's lightsabre to her and overcomes Kylo.

Rey isn't Luke's daughter, it's pretty much an impossibility at this point.

The only plausible theory is that she's the real chosen one reincarnated from the original founder of the Jedi. I hope it's not true though, as that would be bullshit and make her an actual mary sue, not just a meme mary sue because autists are mad a girl is the hero

it's not about training you autist, it's about conviction and belief

the only thing keeping Luke from lifting that X-wing was his own self-doubt, it's not about power levels and years of studying at the yoda academy

I want prequelbabbies and eufags to fucking LEAVE

Maybe Han cheated.

so anybody can be a jedi if they have faith?

Yes. She. Is.

>anakin wasn't the chosen one in the end

I'd literally kill JJ Abrams and George Lucas

I agree with you that people really tend to underestimate the strength difference between men and women, but you're also drastically underestimating how debilitating a hole in your side from an explosive laser is.

The chaptered Star Wars movies tell the story of the Skywalker clan.

Family is not your bloodline, kid.

And yet he easily defeated Finn, a more than capable soldier. Do try once more, you infidels.

Rey was written to be as force powerful as an elder obi wan, as dashing and brave as Han, hence flying the falcon with no previous knowledge of its controls, A great a shot as Chewie, a fearless leader like Leia, and as accessible to the audience like Luke was.

She's not at all accessible, she's a bully who demands you do as she ask, she's more potentantly powerful in something she didn't believe in just hours before, than anyone in star wars history, and, she's a stinking mary sue who had no right flying the Falcon, and had even less right flying the falcon in the innards of a ship, out gunning and out maneuvering experienced dog fighters.

In your fantasy, perhaps.

yes, because Hearing Van Halen's Respect for the wind sure as hell enables you to out play Eddie Van Halen's rendition of it. If you're not hip, I was being factitious. The force isn't mary poppins bullshit, you have to be taught how to access it, and then taught how to channel it. All of which takes time.

Hence why Mark Hamil said that during the reading of the script he expected the Saber to fly from Ren's force pull into his own hand. It shocked him, he said, when it flew into Rey's hand. And then Mark Said, "But she just heard about the force twenty minutes ago."

Anakin was the chosen one and only ever managed to use Force Danger Sense without training, same thing Luke used when knowing when to pull the trigger and launch the homing missiles against the death star. Same ability Obi Wan used against Grievous when stopping his spinning blades.
Rey used Grand Master level abilities all without a lick of training.

Say it with me, Rey's a Mary Sue.

seems to be Kylo Ren has about every other God damn disadvantage, may as well shit on him some more

>what is adrenaline

>The force isn't mary poppins bullshit

You don't think?

That's bullshit. George Lucas, The actual Father of Star Wars said it thus, "Using the Force is a lot like being trained to do martial arts, you have to be taught and then you have to practice."

Forget Woman, you as a dude, Go into an MMA bout against a trained figther even though he has a crack rib and watch him beat the shit out of you.
Rey's a mary sue, a Mary Sue.

Kylo is a skywalker, kid

the chosen one shit was retarded to begin with, it's clearly a retcon based around toy sales, you shouldn't care about it, just ignore the prequels in general

badly written so that the good guy could win

>George Lucas, The actual Father of Star Wars

Oh yeah, you mean the guy who came up with a vague story treatment that was edited and refined by more talented people and then burned the franchise to the ground the second he was given sole creative control? Nice meme, kiddo.

You only think George is the end-all-be-all creative behind Star Wars because he got sole merchandising rights which gave him enough money to throw around that could bully Gary Kurtz, Lawrence Kasdan, and the other actual talents out of the series by the time Return of the Jedi came around.

He also said "this is Jar Jar, everyone will love him" and "sand is so coarse".

I don't think a cracked rib is a comparable scenario to an explosive blast from a crossbow with a lazer.

I'm a pretty averagely built dude with minimal fighting experience but I guarantee you if shot Conor McGregor in the side with a glock I could beat the shit out him.

Conor would kill you if he so only had one leg

You have to be taught how to access it, then, you have to practice. And even then all Luke managed to do was at best, out saber Vader. And this was nearly two years since Vader took his hand. The events of the Jedi is fourteen months after Empire. Luke's creation of the Green saber signifies his attachment to the force is that much stronger, hence why he became level of Jedi Knight. And even then Sidious pushed his shit in. Were it not for Vader in that moment fulfilling the prophesy, Luke would have died.

You can't say what's retcon or ignore the prequels. Those are the creators children, both OT and Prequels, if you don't like it, leave it.

Don't listen to the rhetoric, son. George Lucas has been the only consistent voice in his franchise. All that bullshit isn't at all true. George Lucas Created his Franchise to be as he wanted. He altered his characters as he chose to do so, you give him that much, you disney cock sucker!

Yes, because being out of touch as an autistic sufferer, some how lessens his awesomeness and his awesome creation. Tell the rat, jar jar jew, and dyke kennedy, to go eat shit.

Shut the fuck up, the whole chosen one shit was greek tragedy level writing. Anakin and Darth Vader are the true protagonists of the whole franchise, that's why the sequels are struggling to move on without him breathing down the neck of Padme or his children.

Yes, and the pain therein made him stronger, otherwise Finn would have toppled him, and not some unknown untested Sand NIGGER!

user I really don't think you understand the severity of a gaping wound in your abdomen.

But he has a fucking hole in his gut.

>Luke was trained.
>Anakin was trained.
>We see there are a Jedi academy that trains Jedis since they are kids.
>We see in any cartoon series or movies about Star Wars that always there is some aprentice and a master who train the aprentice.
>Now is all about believing in yourself and you don't need any training.
>All you need is a memory of an orang thing talking to you that "the force is calling to you, just let it in"

For that reason now everyone could be a Jedi.

>Anakin and Darth Vader are the true protagonists of the whole franchise

No, that was a retcon created because George Lucas noticed that Darth Vader was the guy on all the cereal boxes, and because Vader was the center of the marketing, he retroactively decided Vader had to be center of the entire Star Wars universe. there is NOTHING in the OT to suggest Anakin Skywalker was anything more than your average Jedi who happened to turn evil. His redemption wasn't bullshit prophecy, it was just a guy doing the right thing out of love for his son.

>jar jar jew

I will NEVER understand why people will use jar jar as an insult for Abrams while simultaneously praising George as a genius who can do no wrong. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

And I don't think you know how awesome dudes could be. There was a guy in 'nam who had his guts hanging out and had to close his vest to keep that shit in and still managed to fight and kill dozens of viet cong.

Say it with me, Rey's a mary sue.

And Vader suffered bodily 3rd degree burns, along with painful implants. And yet he functioned well enough.

Adrenaline doesn't last for hours faggot

>Say it with me, Rey's a mary sue.

I completely agree with you. I was never arguing otherwise. I'm just saying that while yes, people can do insanely heroic things like what you mentioned, thats the exception. Not the norm. The average person sleeps wrong and they're fucked for an entire day. Professional athletes pinch a nerve or get a laceration and they're out for months. Even the most hardcore of hardcore like professionals fighters can get a shot to the chin wrong or get the wind knocked out of them and they're down for the count.

>Force Danger Sense

oh yes, it's that LITERAL autistic kid who thinks explaining the plot of the prequels is genius storytelling

can you please stop embarrassing yourself in every thread? Thanks.

>And Vader suffered bodily 3rd degree burns, along with painful implants. And yet he functioned well enough.

He functions well only after Palpatine takes care of him in The Chancellor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center, being in a supreme recovering bacta tank and having a custom suit specifically built for his needs.
And one fought with him right after he gets his burns, you know your argument is bullshit.

She can pick up a spaceship with her mind. I dont think physical strength has anything to do with it.

>autists are mad a girl is the hero
Rey is a Mary Sue you delusional mongoloid.

You have no Right to say What was or wasn't IN George Lucas' box of creativity. You can assume out of your ass but that's all you can do.

Let's see, maybe it's because Abrams had Finn see the death star blowing up a solar system, FROM LIGHT YEARS AWAY, or maybe it was when the Shit looking Orange Yoda Rip off thing as to why it had Luke's Saber, "That's a story best left for another time."

Or maybe it's when Ms Mary Sue hoped into the Falcon and effortlessly flew it, within seconds and in a dog fight no less, or maybe it was when the Resistance, who should really be the REPUBLIC, trusted a Sand Nigger they just met. Finn's an easy buy, he just killed a bunch of his own and aided Poe, and then Han, so he's a good guy or at the very least a free agent, but who is this sand nigger. Even more retarded, they trust this sand nigger and the mission, and even more retarded, Poe destroys the Death Star yet they congratulate Rey? Leia even hugs this sand nigger she just met instead of a friend for forty years, Chewie. And insult on top of injury is letting this little smelly sand nigger go to Luke on a mission that was VITAL TO THE SURVIVAL OF THE RESISTANCE.
yeah fuck this movie.

If Rey was to job it should have been against Finn. Even stupider was when Rey was able to use Force Pull, and pull the saber from Ren. Even stupider was her using force suggestion and telepathy. She's a horribly broken Mary Sue.

The only embarrassment is you people who defend the trash awakens. It doesn't matter how damaged I am, what matters is how much in denial you losers are, and my gosh you're so deep into denial until it's hilarious.

George Lucas himself said Anakin was in agony and was damaged beyond any form of humanity. Anakin was in pain, all the time. Lying For Rey won't win you any medals.

I'm pretty sure we all agree that the writing is pretty bad, this thread is just a discussion of people arguing about the plausibility of the plot points in the real world.

No one thinks this is cleverly written or anything, calm down you fucking autists.

Because Kylo is the spoiled child of a fucking princess who never had to work in his life while Rey had to fend for herself on a desert planet daily or starve or be raped to death

>If Rey was to job it should have been against Finn. Even stupider was when Rey was able to use Force Pull, and pull the saber from Ren. Even stupider was her using force suggestion and telepathy. She's a horribly broken Mary Sue.

Why are you saying this as if I'm arguing with you on this

>George Lucas himself said Anakin was in agony and was damaged beyond any form of humanity. Anakin was in pain, all the time.

Yes, but I'm sure he couldn't do jackshit until he got somewhat taken care of.
And I'm pretty sure that Kylo would adapt to living if for example his bowcaster wound was untreatable and constantly in pain, but certainly not right after getting shot.

So you admit that The shit Awakens is nothing more than a horribly written fan film and Rey's probably the most broken Mary Sue in this many years? Not as broken as Ms Smith was in Mr And Mrs Smith, hold on, I have to take that back, they explained Mrs Smith was a bad ass and a gifted killer who trained in several forms of combat. Rey's some unknown trash collecting sand nigger who had no business doing any of the things she did.

No, Kylo's the most potentially powerful force user seen in six movies, until Mary Sue Rey came along of course.

Yes, and I too agree with you, I was just adding to what you're saying. At this very moment, potentially, there are hundreds of others reading our post. I'm adding for their benefit. So to speak reiterating everything you're saying. I want The Last Jedi to bomb if for nothing else for being trash.

And yet he easily defeated Finn and Rey, who should have had no Access to the Force whatsoever, Suddenly out powers him when he says, I can teach you about the Swartz. Admit it, Rey's a broken mary sue.

Shock can. And that takes away pain like nothing else.

She already outpowered him in the mind rape scene and in the pulling the lightsaber from the snow scene, it's not so suddenly.

Yes she's badly written but why do you keep switching the subject about Rey? I was just talking about Kylo.
Also Kylo was not even trying to kill her, he was trying to take her as an apprentice because he felt that she has great potential.
If he wanted to kill her he could've easily done it multiple times in the movie already.

Okay I'll shoot you in the leg and come back a couple of hours later to see how you're still sprinting in full force because you're still in "shock"

No, Kylo is a weak skinnymode beta numale that has to wear a mask to scare people.

Vader wasn't trying to kill Luke, when Luke got snooty, Vader took his hand. Rey's broken. There's no middle ground. When they had her use the force she was on a path of brokendom that culminated in her defeating the villain. She's literally all powerful and pointless as a protagonist.

The only equivalent would be if Luke seeing Obi wan Defeated, magically force pushed without ever learning how to, and then defeating Vader.

yeah, my neighbor got shot in the ass and another friend got shot in the leg, both were able to run and jump picket fences.

Then he should have jobbed against Finn, and not some unknown, untested, Trash Collecting Sand Nigger who had no business using the force for anything other than danger sense.

>Kylo is a weak skinnymode beta numale
/thread

The force is bidirectional. Sometimes you use it, other times it uses you. Established in the first fucking movie.

>yeah, my neighbor got shot in the ass and another friend got shot in the leg, both were able to run and jump picket fences.

For the first 5 minutes maybe, adrenaline or shock doesn't last long because you would literally die if it lasted longer

>Hence why Mark Hamil said that during the reading of the script he expected the Saber to fly from Ren's force pull into his own hand. It shocked him, he said, when it flew into Rey's hand. And then Mark Said, "But she just heard about the force twenty minutes ago."

At some point Hamill's soul was crushed and he just gave in. Now he makes lame Boba Fett jokes with the rest of SWfags.

This

Protip: Kylo is not Vader.
He's repeatedly shown as a wannabe tryhard who knows a few force meme tricks.

Kylo probably wasn't in a lightsaber fight with anyone in over a decade (or possibly ever, maybe Luke didn’t even introduce sabers in his Academy), he just swings his saber at poor farmers and inanimate objects, while Rey fought basically every single day just to survive.

I repeat, yes Rey is badly written, but every action of Kylo is justified.

In the first fucking movie, Anakin used Prescience or danger sense. The only ability younglings can naturally attain. Luke used it when he used it to tell him when to pull the trigger and fire the Homing Missiles that destroyed the death star.

Rey's using abilities that takes not only practice but time to perfect. She only just heard about the force so the only ability she should have been able to use is Force Sense. Yoda taught Luke how to take that vague Force Sense and amplify it, and the way Yoda did that was having Luke run, and jump, basically use it to empower your body, and then finally, he showed Luke how to take that attachment and use it to levitate things.

If you'd remember, Luke took more than five minutes just to shake the Hilt of his light saber.

Say it with me, Rey's a Broken Mary Sue.

Mark Gave an interview where he said that Lucas Film, basically Kennedy, tied him and Carrie and Harrison, to a multi picture deal and then it was sold to Disney. In fact they had to sign on first before Disney would even buy the franchise, now that's telling. Even stranger, Lucas said that someone misled him, He didn't say it in so many words, but he insinuated that the deal had an edge he didn't see. Kennedy, the dyke bitch, outsmarted Lucas.

/ourguy/

NO, Kylo surpassed Vader. Vader didn't have telepathy against opponents. He could not Look into Leia's mind. Luke's mind was the only mind he was shown to be able to access.
Kylo uses it for interrogation, He needn't a droid, Vader did, an interrogation droid. Kylo stopped a force bolt in mid air. Vader had to use his armored hand to stop Han's bolt.

Winner, Ren. Say it with Me, Rey's A Broken, Mary Sue!

Literally the only problem with Kylo is that in his first appearance he manages to hold a blaster bolt in mid-air using the force. He's even holding speeches and joking around while the bolt is held in place like that as if it requires no effort on his end.

That seems like a REALLY strong use of the Force for someone that inexperienced.

Everything after that is completely fine.

Ren is so powerful, Fucking Classic Luke, Anakin as a knight and Obi wan couldn't take down some one that powerful, maybe not even Dooku. Palpatine sure because the force deemed the only way to defeat him was the way Anakin did, by stabbing him in the back, but other than that, no one should have been able to come close to Ren, no matter how childish and annoying he behaved. And certainly not some unknown, untested, untrained, non force believing Sand Nigger.

Lucas invited Hamill and Fisher for lunch to discuss a new trilogy. Then I guess he went online saw that everybody still hates his guts, decided he doesn't want to spend another 10 years doing this shit and sold it to Disney. I'm sure there was no grand plot to take away the films from Liucas. Kennedy pushing Rey as stronk woman and the other shit is just Kennedy being like every other Hollywood liberal: plain dumb in its pandering.

As far as Hamill goes, during OT he sounded pretty down abut SW which I guess when you want to be taken as a serious actor, but spend months talking to a shaved green monkey about magic will happen. But, lately, he's acting like SW is the best time of his life. I guess he's playing his part for the fans, saying what they want to hear, tells stories they want to listen. Some say that it's cause his son is a big fan, so he embraced it. But, still, must be a bitch. I'm sure money helps.

>new force tricks imply even more power
sure thing buddy

I agree.
Though we don't know if holding a single blaster bolt is actually something very difficult or not to do, we just never seen it used before.
But I agree, not so great writing there.

the problem is that you're a literal autist therefore you can't empathize and the concept of feeling things of an abstract nature is literally alien to you. You're trying to quantify something that isn't meant to be scientific or literal, that's the whole point of star wars and the Force

the prequels turns the Force into power levels so that's why you like it so much.