Anyone else completely heartbroken by this movie?

Anyone else completely heartbroken by this movie?
It had the capacity for greatness.
What we got was a convoluted mess, but what made it worse was that it still contained the skeleton of a great film.
Jawdropping visuals, gripping pathos, impeccable acting; they're all there, trapped under a mountain of refuse.
It's like watching Ronald Reagan succumb to Alzheimers.

>Anyone else completely heartbroken by this movie?
I may have read something about that.

BvS was fantastic. Anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot and should be sterilized so as not to spread their plebian genes to the next generation.

It's really not that big of a deal. It's just a bad movie. Read some comics and chill out.

Yeah, it sounds vaguely familiar. Almost like it's exactly what almost everyone has been saying all of the time. Isn't that weird?

>Anyone else completely heartbroken by this movie?

No because I don't build my entire identity and sense of self-worth around a fucking movie. and I also liked it

It's a HUGE deal.
This movie is what the masses will judge DC's IP's by.
This movie is the foundation for the DCEU's future.
This movie was the culmination of 75+ years of genre development.

I hope that we get a decent live action DC comics movie that doesn't star Batman some time before Bruce Timm dies.

Then again that might be Suicide Squad, so..

although I get the feeling that even if Suicide Squad is good it won't be good in the same way the Ostrander book was. The presence of Joker and Harley kind of assure that.

Nah, it doesn't matter. They'll still buy Batman and Superman T-shirts which is how most of the money gets made anyway and there will be a reboot eventually in the next 10-20 years. You're overreacting.

>This movie was the culmination of 75+ years of genre development.

It's a fucking movie.

Superman doesn't cease to exist just because of one bad movie.

Western civilization isn't going to end because it flopped.

Chill the fuck out.

Suicide Squad literally had Batman in the trailers

The human race would nearly die out, m8.

I liked it, we're still getting other DC movies, I don't have much of problem with anything.

You're right. It won't be the end of western civilization, but kids will want captain america t-shirts a hell of a lot more then superman t-shirts.

BvS was awful. Anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot and should be sterilized so as not to spread their plebian genes to the next generation.

Not really, I enjoyed it.

I went to see it with the right mindset: Its a Snyder movie, you'll be bore for about 40 minutes, it will be edited with toddler scissors, it will look awesome and on 3 months you will get the proper 4 hours cut because Snyder fall asleep on pacing class at film school.

And that's exactly what I got.

>kids will want captain america t-shirts a hell of a lot more then superman t-shirts.
i work with kids. i see many more Superman and Batman shirts than I do Cap shirts.

>implying regan was good to began with
Hahahaha go fuck yourself. Seriously though, i loved parts of the film heaviliy, regardless if overall its a jumbled up frankenstein clipshow of a movie.

I loved parts of the film.
It made it even sadder to see them in frankenstein form.

So?

Cap deserves a break. He punched Hitler 200 times.

And in the 90s, Marvel was in bankruptcy while DC rested on its laurels. Its about time the Avengers got their due. I wouldnt mind seeing more people wearing Cap and Iron shirts. Also spidey shirts.

>impeccable acting

Supes and Wondy were both trash. Neither actor has an ounce of charisma. Eisenberg was just silly, and it was one of Amy Adams' worst performances to date.

Batfleck and Irons did well, but everyone else was just pathetic in comparison.

fuk

I said they were there, trapped under a mountain of trash.
I think we're in agreement.

>Then again that might be Suicide Squad, so..

The megahit DC needs to really kickstart the DCCU might not always necessarily be one of the ones we'd expect. I mean, of all the characters and properties Marvel had at its disposal, was anyone really expecting the Marvel Cinematic Universe to begin with fucking Iron Man?

After seeing that, I'll believe anything's possible. I'll even believe Suicide Squad could conceivably do what BvS couldn't quite manage. It's a long shot, sure, but the superhero genre really is a longshot's game at this point. It's a try-anything field.

>only the best would survive

Sounds good to me.

I don't think Suicide Squad will do as well as BvS in the box office but I do think it'll be a much better, more solid movie.

Hell if i

Nah it was amazing. Hope they stick to their guns and continue improving even more for Justice League.

I like how everybody completely forgets about Edward Norton's Hulk when talking about the MCU.

Cavill has charsima spilling out him like a spaghetti from a Sup Forums poster, Snyder just doesn't want him to be that guy. It's pretty fucked up.

What these execs need to realize is that good movies build franchises.
Characters just aren't enough anymore.
Once you've got the franchise going, though, you can do whatever you feel like.