UNHAND HER DAN BACKSLIDE

UNHAND HER DAN BACKSLIDE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noBLXQY4yuA
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't you just rape Dan Backslide, Tom, Dick, and Larry?

Hey we're getting in a butt

kek

not bad

Fuck off with the Tumblr tier humor.

You a funny guy. You do clubs or sumtin?

Hey, we're at a loss!

nice production values

Is good to see that the memes have evolve.

Say what you want about things getting popular ruining them, I'm glad The Dover Boys is getting popular and meme'd up. Even if it becomes facebook sharing of 9GAG posts normie tier, I won't mind because that means more and more people will have seen one of the greatest cartoons of all time.

its such a weird cartoon, i feel like there's something about it that I'm missing. Like you had to be alive in the 1940's to understand that its making fun of 1890's nostalgia or something.

Meh. I prefer this version.

From what i understand The Dover Boys was made as a response by the cartoonist. he was told to make cartoons featuring people instead of talking animals, and he kind of half assed this.

Thing is 40's half assing is like three and half asses, and we get the Dover Boys.

There is nothing to get, its just retro shitposting. Kinda like the invasion of the bunny snatchers.

Look up the Rover Boys

Absolutely amazing

Alright Sup Forums, I'm just gonna park my car right here. Keep an eye on it for me okay?

TIME TO STEAL IT!

DRAT YOU DAN BACKSLIDE, YOU FUCKING DOUBLE NIGGER!!!

YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO EVER KNOW

Can someone explain what the deal with this guy is?

Foreshadowing

Was something similar to this ever made?

I could have sworn I saw it when I was a child years ago, but when I watched it the other day, it felt familiar as fuck, but different.

>Tom, Dick and Larry raping Dan Backslide

I guess he should Ben Dover.

I'm a massive faggot and actually don't get it

I think he's a running gag character. I swear he (or a very similar character) has appeared with the same kind of behavior in other animated shorts.
I'd really like to know if the whole running gag is a reference to something else in the pop culture of the time.

He was strolling through the park one day in the very, very month of May.

Oh good lord. It is everywhere. Even in the 40s.

we have to go

D E E P E R
E
E
P
E
R

What the hell is the song that plays when he jumps?

youtube.com/watch?v=noBLXQY4yuA

Very merry month of may

Are you serious?

Are you fucking serious?

>the order of hands is mixed up to make it loss.jpg

ENOUGH

I didn't assume it wasn't.

>There is nothing to get, its just retro shitposting.
Shitposting endures through the decades, the centuries, even the millenia. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

It's time to say goodbye.

Goodbye

Barbershop quartets are fucking rad.

Someone needs to draw the other two Dover Boys in this

Underrated post

>II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8792: On April 19th, I made bread

you did it!

just looked it up, and in 1903 one of these cost $750 which is just under $20,000 in 2016 dollars. Not as expensive as I would have thought honestly, though I guess they were really more of a curiosity for hobbyists than dependable transport.

HARK

>You love Iris, but she does not love you.

Savage

My favorites will always be either
>To the one defecating here. Beware of the curse. If you look down on this curse, may you have an angry Jupiter for an enemy.
Or
>I have buggered men

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1820: Chie, I hope your hemorrhoids rub together so much that they hurt worse than when they every have before!

Wow, even Persona shitposting was around back then.

/fit/ for the ages.

>Secundus defecated here.

Three times on one wall.

Do you think it's three instances of Secundus defecating or did he just write it thrice?

I really love how, even before the invention of pants, it was possible to be buttmad.