Why the fuck is this show so popular?

Why the fuck is this show so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/04/twin-peaks-tv-shows-inspired-broadchurch-riverdale-1201807147/
fandom.wikia.com/articles/5-ways-twin-peaks-influenced-modern-tv-dramas
youtu.be/zFxCrC_Cs38
governing.com/topics/public-justice-safety/gov-cities-police-officers-hiring.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5N0rRnilerU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=HiyCVuOZZHM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990–91_United_States_network_television_schedule
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good story, great atmosphere and soundtrack and an air of mystery that raised it above standard TV shows.

It's weird and quirky friendo :^)

It changed the course of TV for the better. Lynch brought kino to the masses. Plus the second season has one of the most violent sequences ever broadcast on prime time.

>Changed the course of TV for the better

That's a bold statement

It was a pioneer. Like Citizen Kane, empty but new

It's reddit

It had an interesting mystery filled with weird characters and circumstances.

>tfw i got a fire walk with me tattoo on my left arm like mike 15 years ago and now theres a chance its going to become some big normie meme, or maybe be one of the worst things in television history

tattoos are a mistake

My friend wanted a targaryen crest tattoo during the first season of game of thrones. I hope he knew better.
>still getting my obscure star wars tattoo soon

Pray it's the latter.

Why?

And I can back it up. TV was primarily cops/law/dr shows. After Peaks we got x-files, sopranos, etc. all shows that the creators often name drop Peaks as a big influence.

indiewire.com/2017/04/twin-peaks-tv-shows-inspired-broadchurch-riverdale-1201807147/
fandom.wikia.com/articles/5-ways-twin-peaks-influenced-modern-tv-dramas

You know what to do.

I tried to watch the first episode yesterday and almost fell asleep 3 minutes in. Should I try again? Is it kino?

People only remember the first season plus first 9 episodes of the second. After that, they forget the torture of watching the rest of the show.

Youuuuuuuuuu and iiiiiiiki

I'm about halfway through the first season and it hasn't gotten better.

When does it get
>good

I couldn't get past the pilot. It was just so awful.

>it's le supposed to be le bad!
No. Not for me, thank you. I don't judge people who like it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Yes. Watch the show until the killer is revealed. Episode 9 season 2 (i think). Then watch from episode 18-22. Nothing is missed in between that really.

No, the pilot is a pleb filter. Anyone that tells you to stick with it is just trying to meme you. Fuck off back to northern exposure instead.

Maybe watch to the end of season 1.

Well I'm sure the next marvel, dc or whatever donald duck movie you are waiting for is gonna be great.

>it's le supposed to be le bad!
Wrong

Kek

Only women and plebbitors think it's "great".
It was a decent show, that went to shit in the second season. The movie is even worse.

Because of best girl
youtu.be/zFxCrC_Cs38

and coffee+donuts

Shell is hot too.
Still is.

She got fat and ugly.

I guess it's my destiny. Wish me luck famarinos.

This, people tend to forget just how fucking awful TV was before Twin Peaks.

>obscure
>star wars tattoo
guarantee at least 1000 other people have it user

*tips fedora*
GOT HIM!!!

god fucking damn
>you will never watch her become airtight by means of cooper, harry and hawk

Comfy small town atmosphere
Funny
Likable characters (most of them anyway)
Unsettling and a little spooky at times
Great music

She has aged well but lost most of her distinctive look that made her so endearing.

Tattoo free over here, so glad I don't have any regrettable choices you can see on my body

wonder if she takes it up the shitter

Shouldn't a town of over 50,000 have more than three police officers?

only black guys

The pilot is the best episode.

Not really.

Very comfy show with some genuinely shocking moments. It's a detective story but it's also an ironic soap opera with demons and spirits. Soundtrack is gr7

There was a movie? What the fuck
>Comfy
For sure
>Funny
Hardly
>Likable characters
Only a few of them, most are insufferable cunts, like the old lady and her dumbass cuck husband, Bobby is fucking dreadful and whenever he is on screen I want to neck myself, James is literally retarded and looks like a chimp, Audrey is a dumb slut, Donna is stupid as hell, then you have like two random old dudes who cheat on their wives and a half blind girl who seppukus for no reason.

The only likable characters are Dale and the Sheriff

The entire plot revolves around the rest of the characters being fucking retarded and having Dale pick up the pieces.

>In general, the largest cities have a greater presence of police officers than smaller and mid-sized jurisdictions. On average, all localities with populations of at least 50,000 employed 16.6 officers and 21.4 total personnel for every 10,000 residents in 2015, according to the FBI data.

Sounds like they should have around eighty police officers. Even accounting for it being a rural area, three is really thin coverage.

Sauce: governing.com/topics/public-justice-safety/gov-cities-police-officers-hiring.html

>They put out some secret teasers a week ago and nobody noticed
youtube.com/watch?v=5N0rRnilerU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=HiyCVuOZZHM

Civil War Ben Horne.

because of

the population number on the sign was a mistake and the town is actually supposed to be more like 5,000

>if you don't jerk off to lynch then all you watch is capeshit.
Not surprising to see this sort of retard logic from the pseudointellectuals on Sup Forums.

That's some next level trolling. Respect.

You have to put it in context. Look at the other shows that were on at the time. Cheers, Seinfeld, and Beverly Hills, 90210? Fuck that!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990–91_United_States_network_television_schedule

>the population number on the sign was a mistake and the town is actually supposed to be more like 5,000

no, no, i'm sure that was intentional! There surely is some deeper meaning behind it?
Don't the lives that we take count aswell? Isn't our ego big enough for 10? Don't owls count as pupulation? Maybe there are far more midgets than we know of, but we don't see them, because they're so tiny

I did laugh and like the part where everyone was dressed up...mainly because it was funny but Audrey looked hot. 10/10 hotty

Why did you shop his fivehead?

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

And

IIIIIIIII

>tfw you've been to Snoqualmie all your life without recognizing it's the Twin Peaks place

There wasnt much else on in 1990s TV

I have no idea. This is undoubtedly one of the dullest franchises in the history of TV franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lynch vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing an episode; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his meditation. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Northern Exposure series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same Chris Carter. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch X-Files." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch X-Files.

It was normie central and Lynch put a dancing, backwards talking midget in everyone's face.

Quantum Leap was.....awesome!

Reminder Annie looked the best out of all the girls - and still does.

I'm not smart enough to understand this but you sound like you know what you're talking about so I'm going to agree with you

bravo

Shelly looks good still.

Don't think Annie will be in the new season.

It was weird and got cancelled for a reason.

I didn't realize Cooper was gay until this scene.

>Judging Peaks by the script.

Quality b8. Got me.

One, it's just a good show.
But two, it's just barely obscure enough that it makes younger people seem like they're in the know for having seen it.

>like the old lady and her dumbass cuck husband

I like catherine and pete.

They only shit characters are James and Donna.

Did you copy paste this? Or do you have that much autism?

Yeah the normies hated it. "Durr I don't get it!"

Lynch and Frost wanted the town to have 5,000 people in it. The executives weren't keen on that as they thought that people would not be able to identify with such a small town. So Lynch and Frost changed the sign and added a 1 at the end to appease the producers, however for all intents and purposes the town had 5,000 people within the confines of the show itself. At no other point in the series other than the sign is that number alluded to, rather its always referred to as a very small town.

Graham said she isn't returning despite wanting to, which is bullshit.

He isn't. He just doesn't like brunettes. Notice how horny he got the first time he met Annie. All smiling and grinning and trying to hide his boner underneath the table. It was obviou.

So few people recognize that pasta? Sup Forums is not that homogeneous (hahah homo) as I though.

We used to have such good Twin Peaks threads, when did Sup Forums go to shit?

>it's a shill goes on and on about "normies" episode
This episode's been on repeat for months now; I'm getting bored now.

It literally did. There was nothing quite like Twin Peaks at the time, it was like a cultural phenomenon, the very first 'water-cooler' show.

no we never did, faggot
off to

They forgot the pic

You weren't there. I hated LA law and st elsewhere. TV was normie garbage then. I don't give a fuck what's trendy with memes now, facts are facts.

Will TP change television yet again?

I think it's an influx of newfags. I don't know if it's the fabled summer season or if people are coming in from reddit because the premiere is so close.

The closer we get to May 21, the worse they become. I'm going to bail when the series starts.

Not liking quantum leap?

Doubtful. Back then it was 4 stations and low expectations.

she was a bullshit character anyways, she wouldnt have been in it if it wasn't for lara flynn boyle

I liked when he was a fat black woman. And Dean Stockwell is god tier.

What pic? Blacked Lodge? The meme is shit.

It's cute. Didn't you see how Harry and Dale trust each other and each others abilities? they relent to each other when the others superior knowledge comes in.

How did normies react to the ending when it just aired?

The pilot and first episodes were very well received, but normies lost interest in it for some reason as the show went on.

What was it? The ring design of the owl?

Oh this season ended. Wtf did I just watch. Guess I will wait until next season to know.

The series finale was delayed by two months. Few stuck around at that point. Sucks for them because they missed out.

So? It doesn't matter that she wasn't intended to be in it - circumstances changed, and her character was very important.

I love it but is not that popular. Season 3 is right around the corner, so your typical YouTube Nerd Crew are shitting videos to get those views, but on social media barely anyone is talking about it. It's your usual shit where fags claim to like it because nerd points, but in reality, most people can't even make it through season 2.

Nah, just the killers note. It's really edgy and I keep it covered most of the time.
Not really proud of any of my tattoos, they're all the consequence of poor decision making and lots of alcohol use in the bush years.

>tfw bush's shitty gulf war show helped cancel Twin Peaks.

>getting text tattoos, ever
ishygddt

Why not just ask your parents?

I'm from Russia, friend.