Woah...good point

woah...good point...

It legitimately is. I just read "Birthright" for the first time, and I'm amazed at how many elements they managed to incorporate from even there.

>the only reason people think bvs is good is because of how many comic arcs it references

>it actually doesn't do anything with the references and the movie itself is just about completely random

>woah...good point...

worst point ever. it is really a awful movie, DCEU fags have to let it goo

>How to Spot a Redditor 101

I unironically like Eisenberg's Lex and wish we had gotten more of him.

>via 9gag.com

End yourself

I think it's the other way around, plebs are like "it's awesome" and fans are "it's alright" to "meh"

>false flag thread
>pic from 9gag
Fucking marlel redditors, ruining cinema and this board

twitter searches strongly indicate the only people saying "ITS AWESOME" are mexicans jerking off over all the superpowered EL CHRISTO references

Poe's law boyo.

Nah I resented the movie when I first saw it.
Thought it was boring, forced, and awful.
Then I read threads about all the symbolism and metaphors.
I bought the Ultimate Cut in 4K and took my new info into another viewing.
I understood it more, liked it better.
I discussed it more, learned even more ideals in the movie.
I watched it again and I started to love it.
I partook in more discussions and learned even deeper meanings and watched the Ultimate Cut again.
It's amazing.
I had to understand it to appreciate it.

Are you me?

BvS demonstrated the full corruption of critics fairly well.

The hypocrisy doesn't help much, either.

I have to applaud Disney for demonstrating just how easy it is to own social media.

so stockholm syndrome

shut the fuck up

no real superman fan would ever like this drivel

When the same Marvel pajeestani starts leaking butthurt all over the place.

Why are you people participating in daily capeshit bait threads?

I don't like Superman.
I'm a Batman fan.
And the movie is from Batman's point of view that Superman is evil.
I liked Batman's perspective.

>no real superman fan
Stop pretending you are anything but a falseflagging cocksucker.

>from Batman's point of view Superman is evil.

>in three hours of movie there isn't a single justification for this

Batman is depressed and cynical.
I can understand if you don't get it though.

I love the movie personally, and even I can't defend what a giant mess it is.

>in three hours of movie there isn't a single justification for this
Why are marlels still not banned on sight for being mentally underaged?

>batman is depressed and cynical
>this justifies him doing less than nothing over 18 months

i hate this movie too but let's be real, the complete fucking annihilation of metropolis was enough justification for batman's motivation. they fucked it up on superman's end by making him a hypocrite for no good reason.

Yes his very apparent flaws explains actions and also lack of action. These characters are human, not walking quipbots.

If the characters were human, they would not have become superheros in the first place.

Derp a herp

>something destroys a city
>you're batman
>you investigate absolutely nothing about this new threat over 18 months and instead just quote dick cheney at your butler.

Your lack of counter-argument is noted.

It is precisely because they are human that makes them fascinating characters to study.

Central theme of BvS: Superman's Humanity in relation to Batman's fall and despair.

yeah i don't have an answer to that, but it's a bad movie so it's to be expected.

>the complete fucking annihilation of metropolis
So Zod fucking up 1 skyscraper and a parking garage and some windows = COMPLETE FUCKING PANTSHITTING UBER ANNIHILATION OF METROPOLIS MAAAAAAN YA BRAH?

He was tracking down the Kryptonite.

The central concept of batman is hes a person who decided to go above and beyond when he could've just lived comfortably his entire life.

Suddenly deciding to have him be "more human and flawed" but still trying to have him as "batman" doesn't work

>i'll analyze every hamfisted christ metaphor and character action and motivation to write essay tier shitposts about it on an indonesian synchronized swimming forum, but i won't pay enough attention during the movie to notice an entire fucking city being turned to rubble

>building almost crushes an innocent girl
>the building her parents were in collapsed
>Batman has a grudge against Superman

It literally happens in the beginning of the movie and is the reason why Bruce has something against Superman.

>there are literally two places on earth where there could be kryptonite
>the locations are intensely well documented

>lex just casually walks in and out of both of them

>it takes batman 18 months steal some

>Batman can't have flaws because I say so
Read the opening image again. You are looking for walking quipbots ala Marvel.

Yeah, I'm sure the last time some skyscrapers were destroyed in a major metropolitan city, people didn't treat it as a cataclysmic event.

Your attempt to equivocate away valid criticism has been noted.

He spent 18 months upping his game and looking for a way to kill him.

>Lex is smarter and richer than Wayne
Newsflash!

>board for TV and film
>seriously discusses capeshit trash for preteens and manchildren
I never thought any one board would be able to surpass /o/ in sheer amount of underage users and idiocy.

Your attempt to criticize a film screams of petty bias and cognitive dissonance. Try harder.

we used to discuss just about anything.

now arguing with shills is all that is left

shut the fuck up, superman's my boy and i could school you on what makes him great but you'll only pretend to be retarded and be a contrarian cock.sucking faglord.

eat a thousand dicks

Yes that's the skyscraper I mentioned. The one that Zod threw Superman through. The MAN OF MURDER autism needs to be dialed back. You're acting like this was a Godzilla movie. 1 building collapsed and a parking garage got a chunk of it blown up. All because of Zod. But this is a shitposting thread so I should probably stop biting.

Looking for it from the get-go presupposes that you know it exists and what its effects are. It's not until Lex and his guys discover its properties that Bruce kicks into high gear.

Your projection as deflection has been noted.

In hopes of getting us back on track:

In order to be batman, bruce wayne has to strive to be better than human. So by being batman, hes rejecting the weakness and flaws of humanity. A weak and flawed billionaire would not be batman, he'd be just a billionaire, chilling out in the world.

Go fuck yourself you falseflagging cockmongler

Someone typed this shit thinking he was a clever marlel.

>an alien threat destroys a city
>the entire world knows said alien threat and superman are one in the same due to zod's global broadcast

>this clearly means the two giant alien ships are completely unrelated in every way, shape, and form and only the genius of lex luthor will be able to discover they're related

So we have confirmed, twice, that you have no counter to the assertion that batman, by definition, cannot be portrayed as a weak human and still be batman.

I pretty much stopped watching super-heroes movies after Spiderman 2.
Did I miss something?

I thought though.

You seem to be missing the point. If you don't know that kryptonite exists, what's there to be found?

If you're not as tied into the government and the military as Lex is, how do you even go look without being in constant danger of capture?

Nothing about this Batman gives any indication that he'd ever been more than a local vigilante before the invasion came along.

DC movies have more thought to them but Disney Marvel aren't.
Spiderman are good movies though.
I can't say the same for the upcoming Homecoming movie.

These threads are spammed by one guy(femboy really since hes swede) though

Shut the fuck up faggot

Why did Batman get sent to Hell in a dream?

Superman's battle wrecked a huge part of the city, they showed that in both BvS and Man of Steel, both movies specifically drew from 9/11 in order to show how terrible that destruction was for people and society in the movie. You don't have to like BvS but pretending people wouldn't be resentful of an alien superbeing who takes part in the violent collapse of several occupied skyscrapers makes you look stupid.

Flash sent a message from the future.

Marvel fans think DC sucks
DC fans think Marvel suck

both are defending terrible movies in order to justify their comic book cult

Batman is defined by his weakness. The Batman persona is armor for the wounded Bruce Wayne. It's a dual identity and a coping mechanism. You yourself are saying as much.

>damn great awesome movie

Nah.
I'm a DC fan and I like the first Guardians of the Galaxy but the sequel felt like it didn't even know why I liked the first one.
Iron Man 1 is a good movie as well.
Civil War was literally pointless as it ends with everyone forgiving the entire plot.

I like how Superman's death is treated like some sort of big tragedy when you know he'll be back in a couple of movies anyway.

As a dream? Can The Flash do telepathy?

>making a meme point
>having 2 points to counter your statement
>Damn Great Awesome

Well we don't know much about Flash yet besides that one scene in BvS and then he capture Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad.

With Speedforce you can do anything.
Except give clear hints.

>everyone forgiving the entire plot

They are still split up tho and half the avengers are now rogue.

We're pretty sure we're going to find out they were using left-over Kryptonian tech to pull it off - the same sort of stuff Zod used on Clark in Man of Steel.

It's funny because comic book geeks go on about it for being not muh Batman and not muh Superman while movie enthusiasts actually appreciate it for what it is.

>If you are a comic book reader X
>If you are a casual Y

Sorry but those aren't opposites we are now living in the age of "nerd culture" and reading big name comic books and playing videogames is about as entry level normie behaviour as enjoying sports.

Anyone who thinks reading fucking Batman or Superman is a sign that they are some kind of selective or tasteful nerd is kidding themselves and I look forward to your 9gag watermark facebook post talking about "Nerds like us who read Harry Potter amarite XDDD"

I'm talking about Spiderman 2.
Not the amazing faggot one.

It just felt like I was gang-rapped and robbed exiting the theater.

No, normies "nerd-signal" by wearing the merchandise and going to the movies. It doesn't mean they know jack-shit about the lore.

I guarantee you I was one of maybe 5 people in GotG2 that actually knew the name for the alien they're fighting at the beginning of the movie.

I implied the Riami Spidermans, not Amazing.

If you take either one seriously you should kys on spot. Or get back tl reddit, what ever.

Yes but ITT it's going on about taking inspiration from comic books. Is The Flash telepathic in the comics?

So you're saying that it took up 20 minutes of the movie based on something that we aren't going to find out until several movies later? Does that sound like good storytelling to you? To me it's amateurish as fuck. Dogshit even. It's so bad that I can't believe they are going to do something so childish.

This is what I'm getting at. If The Flash is telepathic and can send thoughts back in time why didn't he just send words saying what to do with clear instructions?

I think Batman getting sent to Hell in a dream doesn't make much sense. I think The Flash being the one that sent him to Hell in a dream makes even less.

That was like me with MOS. I hated it but a few months later I had the need to watch it again. The second time I liked it and by the 3rd time I loved it. By the time BvS came out in theatres I loved it the TC straight away because I understood what it was going to be about and how the film was going to go about it but after the UC I can never go back to the TC.

MMM

BOYS

>So you're saying that it took up 20 minutes of the movie based on something that we aren't going to find out until several movies later? Does that sound like good storytelling to you? To me it's amateurish as fuck. Dogshit even. It's so bad that I can't believe they are going to do something so childish.

>20 minutes
>whole scene isn't even 5 minutes long.

Were you pissed in LotR when they spent like 2 hours talking about Gondor when it doesn't even come into play till two movies later? I guess that's more shit story-telling to you, too.

Let's stick to the point. Why did Batman get sent to Hell in a dream?

>Gondor
>2 hours talking about it
Source

That's the interpretation most version of Batman go with. The one in BvS was a guy coping with loss by living out an increasingly violent revenge fantasy. Both are equally valid going off of his backstroy. Until his redemption later on BvS played Batman as a bad guy. Maybe as someone who wasn't always one and started of with noble intentions more in line with his other interpretation but someone who certainly lost his way before the events of the movie.

>This is what I'm getting at. If The Flash is telepathic and can send thoughts back in time why didn't he just send words saying what to do with clear instructions?

Because clear instructions executed at the wrong time could just end up guaranteeing the future you're trying to stop instead of preventing it.

So is The Flash telepathic in the comics?

It was a Knightmare, because Superman's destruction was that was all on his mind.

>Riami Spiderman
Did you really think that was good?
I went to see the first one and was meh, fucking green clown, and what felt like an hour of talking to his girlfriend about ho he can't be with her.

Pretty pissed, but friend convinces me to see the sequel.
"critics are good user, they learned from their mistake".

Somewhat enjoying the movie.
Then, literally the exact same scene of bitching with his girlfriend about how they can't be together.

"Nope, they didn't learn, and they won't" is what I thought, And I've never touched Marvel/DC stuff again.

Me too. I can't wait to see what sort of part he plays in JL.

That scene works better if you ignore all the Flash business afterwards and just assume it's a nightmare Batman had of what he imagines would happen if Superman continued to live on earth

>Knightmare
What's that? When do they explain this in the movie?

Well I liked 2 and even 3 more.
3 was bloated but had it's moments and 2 was a solid movie.

If you look it up, Batman's dream sequence is called Knightmare.

>That scene works better if you ignore all the Flash business afterwards and just assume it's a nightmare Batman had of what he imagines would happen if Superman continued to live on earth

I did that (and it's an example of why it's a shit film) but that leads to another question: why does Superman continuing to live on the earth make The Devil and Demons appear? I know Snyder goes batshit crazy with his christian symbolism but that was just random as fuck, even for a dream.