Scott lobdell

Why does Sup Forums hate this guy?

I have red the first 3 volumes of red hood and the Outlaws and the first two volumes of teen Titans and both were great.

Did he do something like molest an employee or fuck over a character?

I'm really confused but I see him get hate often on this board

> New 52 Teen Titans was great

You may be the first person on this board to think so.

Well I have never read a Titans book until today. The only other one I read was earth one Titans but all the earth one books are great IMO.

He's the definition of a company man that will never rise above generic stories that should have been left in the 90s, when comics were cheaper, both in price and content.

What was wrong with red hood. From what I've read it took made red hood a character and had a good mix of comedy and action. While also placing Jason in the mystic realm unlike I've seen in other Bat senpai stories.

>He's the definition of a company man
Well he only has work because Lee and Harras are his pals from the 90's X-Men days.

He is one of the rumored half-a-dozen serial molesters in the comics industry, actually, but nothing concrete has ever come out IIRC. People hate him because his comics are bad.

I didn't really like Earth One Titans. I'd even say Earth One Supes is better. I really like Lemire. I understand he was trying to do a "What if modern day high school kids had powers" but none of the characters in it came off as likable. It's fine to have one or two who are dick head high school brats, but I need more than just Gar to be likable. It also doesn't help that it's soooo decompressed. Batman vol 1 had batman being batman. Superman vol 1 had superman being superman. Titans they just sat around crying and arguing. It came off like a CW show where they spent more time on the human to human drama because the powers are too expensive to depict.

Narration boxes galore. And people were probably salty because Arsenal and Starfire aren't on muh Titans.
>While also placing Jason in the mystic realm unlike I've seen in other Bat senpai stories.
Batwoman ended like that
>tfw no Red Hood and Batwoman: Monster Hunters

Wasn't volume one set up for more fun

His Superman was a fucking chore to read. Particularly because he overuses narration boxes, explaing/describing things that should be self evident within the art and panels.

Pic related is a perfect example. Just look at the first 3 narration boxes here.

>Superman.
>The Man of Steel.
>He's seen better days.
No fucking shit? I would never have guessed that Superman was involved in this scenario. And even if I did, I would have just assumed he was having a party and all the honies were invited. But thanks to Lobdell's brilliant script, I now understand that he has in fact seen better days. Thanks Lobdell!

I think he only had one case and he came forward and apologized despite not being name. The real monsters are usually in editorial like Berganza and Schwartz

I can't justify 20 dollars for a full graphic novel on the promise that the next one will be fun now that all this filler is done.

It's understandable to have an issue here and there in a monthly be filler. I get it. But the first impression in a graphic novel format as nothing but filler/set up doesn't work for me.

Okay I see. I guess I'm lucky because I buy all my trades at half priced books which means that Earth 1 TiTans was only 11 bucks.

Try out half priced books mine has a huge comic selection. I don't think I could justify normal priced comics either.

>I have red the first 3 volumes of red hood and the Outlaws and the first two volumes of teen Titans and both were great.

Why go on the internet and tell lies like this?

Fuck the man has no idea how to just let the art do the talking. Fucking redundant narrative boxes every issue. Fuck him.

You never read Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix?
I was kinda OK with narration boxes there.

I do like that it proved that the more out there characters still have a place in modern comics with Danny the street
Other then that only having read one volume I dont have much else to say

>Did he do something like molest an employee or fuck over a character?
He took over X-Men at the height of their popularity and ruined all characterization.
Wolverine started bragging about all his danger room training.
Longshot got all cocky about his luck powers. Powers that only work when his motives are pure.
And so on...

But 90's superhero comics were richer in terms of content.

Well I know he likes to get 'pegged', he asked a female friend of mine to do it to him...

Have never read a good comic by this guy.

His claim to fame is 90s Xtreme Xmen, right?

Earth One Titans was good but it did not feel like a Teen Titans story.I'm looking forward for volume 2.

Lobdell has precisely one good run to his name. Generation X. He also writes a good X-Men baseball game.

This is the extent of his ability. He is also largely responsible for the modern event comic. He loves to write BIG EXPLOSIVE NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN stuff and he is not good at it. If anything, his talents run in the exact opposite direction. The moment Lobdell raises the stakes his books start to suffer.

He's kind of like Howard Mackie in that respect. Starts off strong and then implodes a few months later.

Hey guys OP here. After I read through this thread I did start to notice the mass use of narration boxes which now seems kind of like a crutch for him.

Outside of that and the supposed molester thing which I'm unsure if true. I still find out of the stuff I've read by him it's not amazing but also not bad.
Red hood and the Outlaws vol 1-3 set up the story and did something fresh with the 3 characters which I hadn't really known a ton about. My only critique was the huge shift in art style between volume 2 and 3.

As far as teen Titans vol 1&2 it was my first real Titans book and it served its purpose but I found I liked everyone but Tim Drake who just felt like a bland blank price of paper.

Anyway thanks for clarifying the Lobdell hate for me, I'll make sure to stay away from his supes stuff.

because every issue of RHTO was like pissing on a Feminist