Which one of these languages sounds prettiest to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=8pWKnc4nAzA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-aJTuThZwfo?t=10s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all sound like someone's about to rob you

Turkish

That's unfair Farsi is literally a language famous for poetry and literature and used to be lingua franca for thousands of years.

they all sound ugly, Turkish is ugly because it's mixed with Arabic and Farsi but real Turkic sounds nice.

Where was I unfair??

arabic is disgusting
turkish and persian are both nice

>Lingua Franca
>All inhabitants in an ancient empire spoke the language of the ruling class

>Egyptian Arabic at the beginning
trigerred

>Ancient

The Ottomans themselves spoke only in Farsi after a while, anyone who is not a peasant had to speak it So for over 800 BC. to 1919 It was lingua franca in the middle east as even in the arabic caliphate they spoke farsi because the "islamic golden age" was entirely by Persian scientists and Artists

Turkish sounds strange

Persian sounds pleasant

Spoken arabic sounds awful but I listened to a few arabic songs once and it sounded quite nice

>It was lingua franca in the middle east as even in the arabic caliphate they spoke farsi because the "islamic golden age" was entirely by Persian scientists and Artists
top fucking kek , m8 arabic was the lingua franca in the middle east and at times even in persia , all the persian scientits and artitsts wrote their books and poetry in arabic , they were arabified as fuck and most of them were born in baghdad.

that's because its egyptian arabic , its a butchered dialect of arabic full of mispronounced words and is super fast paced

Classical Arabic is really beautiful

The ones we usually speak isn't formal or the real Arabic, I guess you could say

So you mean to say that when European scientist wrote in Latin, that they ONLY spoke Latin all the time? Lingua franca is not mesured by official status but by how well you can make yourself understood in any given region with a specific language, during the caliohate BOTH arabic and farsi were lingua francas and after it, but since the Persian empire is older than the Arabic one, Parsi/Farsi or Avestan would have been understood far longer.

not really farsi was not used in the middle east excluding persian and Persians were forced to translate all their works in Arabic. lol some Persian poets even wrote more arabic poetry than farsi poetry. All the notable and famous works that Europeans and orientalists know were written in arabic in the abbasid era mostly and not in fucking farsi

>That's unfair Farsi is literally a language famous for poetry and literature
apparently they picked it up from Arabic
Arabs were famous for their poetry even before Islam

>lol some Persian poets even wrote more arabic poetry than farsi poetry

Why do I even bother arguing with an idiot?

>Works of the early era of Persian poetry are characterized by strong court patronage, an extravagance of panegyrics, and what is known as سبک فاخر "exalted in style". The tradition of royal patronage began perhaps under the Sassanid era and carried over through the Abbasid and Samanid courts into every major Iranian dynasty. The Qasida was perhaps the most famous form of panegyric used, though quatrains such as those in Omar Khayyam's Ruba'iyyat are also widely popular.
>qasida
kek that's the arabic word for poetry i didn't know this apparently you are right persians learned poetry from ayyrabs
Because I am saying the truth , persian became mainstream after the islamic golden age. You are the idiot m8
>While initially overshadowed by Arabic during the Umayyad and early Abbasid caliphates, New Persian soon became a literary language again of the Central Asian and West Asian lands. The rebirth of the language in its new form is often accredited to Ferdowsi, Unsuri, Daqiqi, Rudaki, and their generation, as they used Pre-Islamic nationalism as a conduit to revive the language and customs of ancient Iran.

Oh really now? that's really funny because the "Arabic" as you know it would have have been unkown to most people before Mohammed because it was a local dialect and most of the arab world spoka aramaic.

There is however persian literature that far outdates Arabic literature, like the "Avestan"

Aramaic and Arabic are pretty close tho

>became a literary language again

So it was before and become after a certain Time

And this is your argument that no one would have spoken Farsi?

Also the english historians haven't read everything there is still so much untranslated literature from that time, to make a claim that no one wrote in farsi is as stupid as it gets.

Not the same tho.

>Oh really now? that's really funny because the "Arabic" as you know it would have have been unkown to most people before Mohammed because it was a local dialect and most of the arab world spoka aramaic.
lol what are you talking about m8 first of all avestan is a language and we are talking about poetry also the funny thing is that modern iranians can't understand avestan while any arab can understand old pre islamic poetry:
>The first major poet in the pre-Islamic era is Imru' al-Qais, the last king of the kingdom of Kindah. Although most of the poetry of that era was not preserved, what remains is well regarded as the finest of Arabic poetry to date. In addition to the eloquence and artistic value, pre-Islamic poetry constitutes a major source for classical Arabic language both in grammar and vocabulary, and as a reliable historical record of the political and cultural life of the time.
Arabs were the masters of poetry m8 , too bad they didn't record most of it

Farsi

m8 in your first post you made it sound that the middle east was using farsi as a fist language which is totally wrong . Farsi almost died at that time.
I know farsi is a great language but don't give it credit that it doesn't deserve , arabic was the language of the islamic golden age.

Worst example of Turkish
can't stand it when women speak.

Really like arabic desu, it sounds very feminine to me for a reason.

>muh poetry
kill yourself fag

Mabi

Yapmaya

Lütfen

this, turkeys shit, I shit on it

Iranian farsi sounds gay compared to Dari

> muslim lang
> pretty
pick one

Because gopnik language sounds so much better

>Der Untermensch tries to talk
cute

youtu.be/-aJTuThZwfo?t=10s

Russian is beautiful (I'm not very patriotic so you can trust me), it's pure joy to be able to speak it natively. Even gopniks sound poetic at times.

pretty funny to hear from turk

CHEEKI BREEKI TOVARSICH SUKA BLYAT NA KULENI SUKA AMMMMMYYYLAAAAAA!!!!!

I guess the arabic part is egyption and it is one of its less beautiful dialects.
I unironically think that lebanese & syrian arabic are among the most beautiful spoken languages out there. Farsi is not bad also, turkish is absolute bs

Yes I second this

Turkish grammar makes more sense than every language I've ever learned, or at least tried to learn but i have to admit, turkish sounds strange and uneasy

Are you retarded? Of course your native tongue will make more sense to you than any other language how stupid is that?

Does turkish have some fuckups like arabic-style strange pluralization (which is widely derived in farsi) or anything like that? Or like in Russian where every noun is feminine/(masculine/neuter out of any logic?
How would you describe turkish language grammar without diving deeply into it

Well, most native Russians shall tell you our grammar is illogic and fucked up. Well they will as long as they're honest and not in vatnik mode

>most native Russians shall tell you our grammar is illogic and fucked up
Always thought that only stupid people without any knowledge of any foreign language would say that.

Let's be honest, what are exceptions

It's no more illogical and fucked up than almost any other natural language (you surely haven't seen japs). I always perceived Russian as difficult, but extremely flexible and expressive, much more so than English. You can literally speak in made-up words and sentences using pure grammar to express meaning.

So is German, with the bonous that you don't have to talk in made up words, the abillity to join Nouns and derive Nouns from verbs and Adjectives makes it possible to always have a name for anything.

German is a scientific language, it may not be the most beautiful language but in my opinion, speaking 5 languages (German,English, French, Latin and Farsi) German is the most accurate and precise language I know.

Farsi is comfy as fuck for ears. I could listen that chick speak it for hours.

Don't be to harsh on the only thing your people has done.

>Does turkish have some fuckups like arabic-style strange pluralization (which is widely derived in farsi) or anything like that?
no
the only plurals in turkish are -ler and -lar
>Or like in Russian where every noun is feminine/(masculine/neuter out of any logic?
we don't have genders in our language.

>arabic
sounds like orcs clearing their throats
>turkish
not that bad sounding but disgustingly peasant sounding
>persian
cute and melodic

> the abillity to join Nouns and derive Nouns from verbs and Adjectives
Btw it's pretty similar in Russian. German is beautiful and underrated, hope to learn it sometime in future.

yasha mustafa kemal pasha yasha

they sound like shit, especially pakiturkish

Farsi sounds really nice. I've always wanted to learn that language.