Say something nice about DC, Sup Forums

Say something nice about DC, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

geektyrant.com/news/marvel-heroes-as-drawn-by-bruce-timm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were really great in the 90s

>Out of all the capeshit publishers, Morrison will only write for DC.
>Tom King.
>better track record with events.
>less SJW

Why did you delete twitter account, Dan?

Why would I have anything negative to say about DC?

They have better comics than Marvel.

They have better female heroes than Marvel

They have Batman

>not ending chain with "They have better Batman with Marvel".

I liked the logo they used to have

One day it will all be over.

Nicest thing I could say, sorry

Peej is cute.

>Say something nice about DC, Sup Forums.
1. If you don't like what they are doing now, just wait a while and it will all reboot and be totally different.
2. DC is a better name than "Batman and a few other characters we own, Inc."
3. Didio probably won't live forever.

It's just better than Marvel.

They have a lot of Batman comics and people generally like Batman

In fact Batman is so important to DC, they named the entire company after his comic

They have Dick and Damian.

Batcow.

t. Salty Marveldrone

SUPER-SONS.
Dicks Ass.
Nicest thing I could say.

No Brian Michael Bendis.

Hate to break it to you Sparky, but Marvel's not much better than DC but feel free to continue your company wars.

it doesn't have Dan Slott

You do know people are mostly just fucking around in these threads few of us hate DC that much

90s was like their weakest decade bruh.

They were incredible in the 80s, and then again in the 00s.

New 52 was mostly good, with a little bit of great, and some really shit stuff.

60s and 70s I gotta hand it to Marvel, they were way ahead of their time, mixing up sci-fi and soap opera drama with cape stories. I really love early FF and Spidey comics, although Batman was pretty great in the 70s after O'Neil took up writing duties, and the early 70s Green Lanern/Green Arrow team up,

>New 52 was mostly good

It was though. Like most of it wasn't amazing, but it wasn't shit either.

Then by your definition (Not amazing, not shit) then it was mostly meh.

I'd say half of it was "whatever, not for me" and half of it was entertaining to read, with a few very good titles like Batman, Animal Man and JL3K.

>90s was like their weakest decade bruh.
Vertigo alone proves you wrong. Bruh.

>better track record with events.
Now I'm very much a dcfag but this is just not true fuck dcs alternante universe fetish

Just about every (I'm assuming we're talking crossovers) major Marvel event in the past decade has sucked, while DC has had a way better batting average, simply by not doing them every goddamn year.

Well, yeah, if you count alternative imprints then there's not even a contest; I was talking about main titles. In the 90s both DC and Marvel were putting out the most horrible capeshit ever published.

Also Forever Evil was actually genuinely good.

You mean like Starman? Spectre? JLA? Legends of The Dark Knight? Ragman?

>Dixonverse Batman
>PAD Aquaman, Young Justice, and Supergirl
>Morrison JLA
>Mark Waid Flash and Impulse
>John Francis Moore Fate
>LEGION and REBELS
Ah yes the "90s were bad" meme

Dc has Supes, Batman and generally has better comics than Marvel.

Still need to work on those movies though..

C is my favorite letter, and D is right next to it.

They do some of the best animated feature adaptations of comic stories.

Just please stop giving Snyder work. Please.

DC event: HEROES FROM ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE UNITE, A GRAND VILLAINOUS THREAT HAS ARRIVED!

Marvel event: THAT HERO FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF NEW YORK MADE ME MAD, I'M GOING TO GET MY SUPERHERO BUDDIES TOGETHER TO GO TRY AND START A GANG WAR

Their elseworlds line has some pretty great titles.

Marvel doesn't have an equivalent to Vertigo.

Superman and Batman ARE iconic. And older. As much as I love Captain America, and Spidey, the Cap is younger than Bat and Supes by about two years. Add like it or not, more people know Bat and Supes than most other superheroes.

They still have the best superhero movies with the Batman (not counting Spiderman 2)

....thats about it really. There are some great designs, but the same applies to Marvel, Image, and everything else.

Epic Comics used to be Marvel's Vertigo, obviously it didn't work out.

1. based booster gold and blue beetle
2. peej
3. zatanna
4. dick's butt
5. all batgirls especially cass
6. Batman The Brave And The Bold is GOAT
7. Morrison
8. The DCAU before it became literally nothing but Batwank in the movies was GOAT
9. DC's campyshit is GOAT
10. "Their" captain marvel is better than marvel's captain marvel

i'm sorry that dogfucker joined you guys

Oh yeah I forgot: DC's animation is better than anything Marvel puts out. And thats saying as a guy who grew up with the Iron Man, X-men and Spiderman animated series.

Bruce Tmm is pretty great. Everyone remembers his JL and Batman work. I do wish he had worked on Marvel. Or hell, just Bakshi level adult animation.

Hitman, too. And Ennis' Demon before it. Just bought the first TPB yesterday, shit was so Etrigan.

>6. Batman The Brave And The Bold is GOAT

Nigga plz. Its just Mary Sue Batman: the series

>8. The DCAU before it became literally nothing but Batwank in the movies was GOAT

True

>9. DC's campyshit is GOAT

Yeah hard to top that Adam West

>10. "Their" captain marvel is better than marvel's captain marvel

Hey I like Carol Danvers mkay. Well I like her black leotard outfit and stories more

I said their weakest decade, not that they weren't putting out good stuff, or that they were in any way worse than Marvel.

Sure, we had a LOT of good comics too, and DC put out a lot more good stuff than Marvel, but the bad comics were REALLY bad.

I mean, Emerald Twilight/Zero Hour, Death and Return of Supes, Knightfall, ELECTRIC Superman, whatever the FUCK it was they did to Guy Gardner, EXTREME Justice, basically all of 90s Wonder Woman

It's not 90s Marvel levels of bad, but it was still pretty bad.

>Bruce Timm will never draw Mary Jane, Gwen, Black Cat, Rouge, Kitty, Elektra or Scarlet Witch

Kind of, but I can ignore batwank for music meister, superdickery, best aquaman, blue beetle, booster, gotham sirens, best batmite, best origin for bats and batman when he's dedicated to only one women, sweet lady justice.

Their comics ate better than Marvel's

>Gwen

Despite preferring DC, I buy more DC comics than Marvel each month. (Specifically, 1 versus...none.)

Dammit, preferring Marvel.

I hate Mondays.

They know how to be te nice guy and finish last in everything

The DC fans are way more passionate here than other fans.

Oh he has drawn.

He has not ANIMATED for Marvel.

Feelsbadman. I do wish Marvel actually care more for their animated lineup.

geektyrant.com/news/marvel-heroes-as-drawn-by-bruce-timm

pacha-approves.jpeg

Bendis?

Yes brain mitcheal bendis

The writer?

The retard, yes

Yes the retarded writer bendis

Suicide Squad might be good.

The guy that writes for Marvel?

Yes the one known for a noticible style of writing

They seem to have hit rock bottom.

>Emerald Twilight
>Bad

They are the nicer company. Never throwing shades at the competition

Also pic related

the main thing was alright but most tie ins were shit tier. overall i would say their best ever event is CoIE

. "Their" captain marvel is better than marvel's captain marvel
No. Fawcett's is. Most of the DC stories just haven't reached that level.

>prefer Marvel
>not buying Vision
Boco please. And what DC title?

>whatever the FUCK it was they did to Guy Gardner
>Talking shit about Guy Gardner: Warrior

Nigger, I will fight you. That series alone gave Guy more character development than all of fucking JLI did.

Eh, Emerald Twilight was rushed and they made Hal too unsympathetic too quickly. Not even the US attacked its own allies when it went after Iraq, it just did passive aggressive stuff like freedom fries.

>rushed sales gimmick
>good

They still care about comics.

this
Marvel is stuck chasing readers that don't read comics.

Their comics haven't gone to shit

they still have good writers

webcomic creators from tumblr don't get a job making USG and hellcat

out of all the smaller studios they've assimilated, they didn't ruin their characters (angela) just to push an agenda

aren't scared to take risks and put out a "violent" game or a game a

and most importantly...they own all their characters/aren't owned by disney

DC writers like Johns, Waid and Thomas went above and beyond to keep old shit memorable and bring forgotten characters back into the spotlight; plus they try hard to preserve their original appeal.

Meanwhile, there is literally no characters they won't butcher or lore they won't squander to turn a profit.

>they own all their characters/aren't owned by disney
Being owned by Warner Bros isn't much better if you take a look at their movies.

yeah pretty sure I'm on Sup Forums, so why would movies matter in this discussion?

I've liked their movies a lot.

Loved Man of Steel, BvS had flaws but did a lot I liked and I'm looking forward to the Director's Cut.

On the comics side they had some amazing stuff in the 80s and 90s with Vertigo and the Morrison era on JLA.

Johns did some great shit in the early-mid 2000s with Flash, GL and Action Comics.

New 52 had some fucking godtier comics like Swamp Thing and Wonder Woman.

DC You gave us Midnighter, Prez and Constantine the Hellblazer.

Rebirth is giving us Rucka Woman, Tom King in a higher profile, Rob Williams doing Suicide Squad.

I really can't complain much about DC.

Only bad thing is TV is doing pretty shit what with Felicity the show, Legends completely off the rails, Supergirl dull as hell and Based Flash really not being so Based these days. We need Wellsobard to return and save us from this shit desu. That one time travel episode was a huge bright spot in a season of mediocrity.

He actually likes that. He once left a panel on Before Watchmen (shortly after it was announced) pretty disappointed because everyone there was polite and not giving them shit for it.

Why does Disney matter then? Only the movie division of Marvel reports directly to Disney.

Nowhere to go but up, now.

>implying they won't go down when Marvel's superstar writer unleashes Civil War II

>Dead Comics

>Tom King

you don't have to say you like CIA, user

this isn't the USSR

>Thomas
Who? Roy Thomas?

>Wonder Woman
>doesn't even make sandwiches
>Power Girl
>manly woman with saggy blue veined sweaty tits
>Stargirl
>cereal golem

tell that to Fawcett Comics

Hitman only gets better everytime I read it.
>manly woman with saggy blue veined sweaty tits
nice
>cereal golem
damn son

DC isn't owned by WB, they have the rights to make movies from their characters.

I love their comics and tv shows, also BvS made me get interested in Marvel

The lantern corps all of them are awesome, silly as fuck but kinda awesome.

Specially the orange corps

I'd guess it's because movie drama has utterly destroyed the Fantastic Four and X-Men comics.

The dc storytimes are happier than the marvel storytimes, as a marvelfag, most of the time Sup Forums rage at marvel because
>SJW
>Bendis
>movie sinergy
>Squirrel girl
>inhumans copying x-men plots

I dont know what is going on in current DC but when i check The dc storytimes people seem happier as example i can say Siniestro, robin son of Batman, Lois and Clark, suicide squad and others

>Sinestro storytimes
>Happy

It's more of a collective smug.

The best kind.

Time Warner owns WB, and WB owns DC.

WB has the film rights for DC characters because they own the company itself dumbass.

They haven't replaced as many first stringers with more "diverse" characters.