Is the Xenomorph still scary in your eyes Sup Forums?

Is the Xenomorph still scary in your eyes Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA
youtube.com/watch?v=RrxlbLVcpqI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Waterston
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

James Cameron destroyed the Alien character by making it a dumb bug

Calvin was way creepier than the xenos.

Whole movie felt like when you see a spider in your room and you couldn't kill it, you just know its gonna crawl into your mouth when you fall asleep.

a bug that rapes your face and bursts through your chest just to maim and murder everything?

Yes.

They should make a water xenomorph movie, related to the Alien.

>Ridley Scott has a better idea in 2017

yes it's probably the most original and interesting movie monster, giger really knew how to make creepy shit

Are xenomorphs considered man-made? Like wheat?

Not when it has a human skull underneath it's dome. When did that shit start? It sure wasn't like that in the original

The new one for sure

No but the Facehugger is

Scott got lucky with that crazy art guy, thats all it was

It was the original

Wrong.

Bruh...

Not knowing there was a humanoid skull behind the dome is the ultimate Alien Pleb filter

At least you couldn't see it. It looks scarier without eyes

No but that hasn't been the case since Aliens.

Ridley finds a way to ruin it

Yes, but it's not in any movies.

original xeno concept art

scott is a hack

Not anymore.

Now it's sexy to me.

Nah, I just bring a black female with me and she kills them all, and any predators or queens too.

Just don't go off on your own, that's a recipe for disaster.

The greatest enemy of horror is familiarity.

Naw, I mostly want to fuck them.

Which one Sup Forums?

>they cut the power

None that it isn't Giger's

We need more under water kino

this nigga

I literally just made a thread about it
Everything has to be space this space that, while the deep ocean is much more scarier

Not now that any mystery behind its nature has been ruined by some pseudo-philosophical bullshit about gods and creation. Sometimes a raping parasite is just a raping parasite.

Are you an idiot?

Between that and the "let's just turn them into ants" process that Aliens started, they've somehow managed to suck a lot of the fear out of it. It's kinda like Star Wars, where every attempt at worldbuilding has somehow made the franchise less appealing.

I've been staying out of these threads since I somehow managed to make it this far without spoilers, but I've gotta ask - what's the deal with all the wheat posts?

You mean H. R. Giger?

rip

Which version did they use in Isolation? It's definitely the best one in my opinion.

The one on the left AKA Alien

Autists latching on to a meaningless line from a trailer that has no barring on the film itself and not being hilariously bad like how Bane posting originated from

I think space is potentially scarier. The deeper you go in the ocean, the harder it is to get energy or sustenance, so the biggest thing you'll find at the bottom is small fish. Odds are there's tons of ocean life we don't know about, but odds are there's nothing bigger than the whales we've seen already. Since space is infinite, there's definitely some freaky shit out there.

>dude robot experimenting on parasitic space wasps

It never was.

No. In Alien and Aliens it was a being that legitimately looked alien. This should be a testimony to Geiger and Stan Winston by extension. Now it has lost it's otherness and we know how it can be stopped. It's lost it's edge.

FUCKING HACK

It was and it's clearly visible throughout Alien.

Left all the way. That slick head and neck are way creepier.

xenomorph?

more like bingomorplh heh

Im looking forward to Covenant but that poster cancerous.

It looks like those walking squids that /tg/ made up in some game

Wromg. It's clearly visible through the transclucent head in Alien.

>so the biggest thing you'll find at the bottom is small fish
And squids the size of buses.

Looks creepier when you do it see it peek through desu.

And it makes sense considering they spawn from humans.

Mandela effect the skull was never visible in my universe

I know that feel. I even get aroused when the facehuggers breeds with the women

this is totally impractical from a special effects standpoint. it would have to be a puppet because you couldn't get a guy in a suit like that, and then they'd have to do something extravagant for wide shots where it moves like stop motion.

would shit my pants if i saw it in real life though.

I prefer Japan's take on the xenomorph.

I can tell by Daniels' pre-emptive scream that she is definitely afraid of xenomorphs.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA

This looks like crap

Take it easy, shill. I'm gonna go see it anyway.

You forgot your exclamation point, by the way.

He was never scary. At the end of Alien you see the whole fucker in full lighting flopping around like a ragdoll and its hilarious but also ruins it

I take it you weren't impressed by the trailer

Best alien was the alien in Dark Star obviously.

I can understand the decision to have her begin screaming before the xenomorph comes into view. One of the best things you can do when there's a dangerous animal that either may attack you or already is attacking you is to make yourself big and loud in order to come across as dangerous and imposing yourself.

The usage of it in this case didn't work, though. It just came off as awkward.

What makes the abyss cosmically scary is that the lifeforms there have to be radically different from the surface to survives. Shit like siphonophores are genuinely unnerving.

The lead female in this one is too homely.

COMMANDER OF THE GLORFT

Of all the kikes in Hollywood why do they pick the ugliest ones

Her hair sucks so fucking hard. I hate looking at her face.

Post more Xeno tna please

WhaT in the fuck were they thinking with that song???!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!

Battle cry damn it. Riley screamed when the thing almost impaled her head before she pressed the button to open the airlock doors

Those aren't at the utmost depths of the ocean though.

it can be

You mean sexy? Pretty sure you mean sexy.

That actually looks pretty generic and nowhere near as iconic as the final design

Remember all the comfy Lovecraft threads we had when the Void was coming out? I miss those

Not really. Once you take a threat and then explain it in detail it basically loses all it's scary attributes. I still love the design though.

>tfw stuck underneath meters of solid ice in the middle of an uncharted ocean on a planet that no human has ever come within two hundred million kilometers of, and you see this

FUND IT

Best version of Alien coming thru

youtube.com/watch?v=RrxlbLVcpqI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Waterston
>ctrl + f Jew
>phrase not found
She's from New Yawk but I don't see any other red flags

It already is, nub.

Please tell me this is canon.

Sauce?

Europa

Her dad is Episcopalian. So she gets the non-jew pass for now

I wish

If you're scared by CGI, you're a bleeding-heart faggot, plain and simple.

Yeah real men only get scared by practical effects

Looks mediocre

I was more talking about being scared by the CGI itself, not taking into account atmosphere, lightning etc. This new film has xenos that move like they're from a 2007 animated movie.

Isn't that the posters point?

No

the xenomorph is a faggot and Predator would make shit of it IRL

Literally just a jellyfish

not in the movies, but in Isolation yes, i can't even play it a second time

Event Horizon was spookier IMO

Doesn't get enough cred

This

Nope