What went right?

What went right?

Waifufaggotry.

Not being afraid to cut loose and go crazy in a good way.

The first well made squirrel girl in, I don't fucking remember how long.

Oh, and waifu power.

Squirrel Girl that isn't obnoxious, Hawkeye actually getting shit done,
Teddy getting some focus on his own
Sunspot and Cannonball reuniting and it feeling so good
Songbird betraying everybody
Giant robot fighting Giant Patriotic Lizard
and a bit more.
Not to imply that it does everything right, I have my grievances with it, but it certainly does a good bit well.

It does campy super science and masterminding with a gleeful spledour that is hard to describe.
This is AIM shenanigans as they should be.
I just love the AIM goons sometimes forgetting whose side they are even on because they give zero fucks about why they do awesome super science so long as they do.

It's like Shakespeare, but with lots more punching.

The first volume has three rapid-fire back-to-back two-issue story-arcs that's a breath of fresh-air from the bog-standard decompression currently plaguing the industry. Event tie-ins muddy the pace, but it's still neck-breakingly fast in comparison to everything else.

It's also one of the few ANAD titles that's actually NEW (new team, new avenger members, new villains, etc).

It's a feel-good saturday morning cartoon wrapped in a comic book.

>Not being afraid to cut loose and go crazy in a good way.
Also this.

Why does Matt Murdock have electric powers?

>The first volume has three rapid-fire back-to-back two-issue story-arcs that's a breath of fresh-air from the bog-standard decompression currently plaguing the industry.
That's an interesting observation and you're right.

Looking at other comics that need 5 issues just to get their introductory arc out of the way (Uncanny X-Men e.g.), it's nice to have a book that actually hit the ground running.

new mutants

It's tanned Cyclops

Oh I forgot it's May now. I can finally post this.

It's pretty good, one thing that irks me is every issue they have to remind the reader in some way that Wiccan and Hulkling are gay. We get it. Why can't this run be teen drama-free?

Well, that didn't happen.

Eh, I know some people were really down on Ewing because of that "ethics in hammer-wielding" bit from a few months back (maybe it was even a year ago I don't remember) but you know how Sup Forums is.

Personally I think the series looks great but haven't had the time to read it yet.

that's not how you write Tom King.

All New X-Men also had shorter arcs but it still feels like nothing's happening over there.

Not the art, that's for sure.

He's not really that hated. He's far too mediocre and not popular enough outside of Sup Forums to be hated. He also doesn't really bring any controversy outside of his comics writing either.

>Ewing is even more liked because of the last three NA issues and the meta Ultimates issue

Less than a month after that issue, plebs being plebs were blaming that on Aaron's Thor.