OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE TO MOST OF ITS CITIZENS! THE UNEDUCATED AND THE POOR...

OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE TO MOST OF ITS CITIZENS! THE UNEDUCATED AND THE POOR ARE EASILY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THOSE IN POWER! THE MASSES WILL RAPIDLY BREAK DOWN AND DESTROY EVERYTHING AROUND THEM! BUT IF YOU TAKE AWAY THEIR NUMBERS, THEIR WEAPONS, AND THEIR CLOTHES, THEY ARE JUST IMPOTENT AND WEAK! LOOK AT THE NAKED OLD MAN IN THE HOSPITAL, HOW FRAIL AND FRAGILE HE LOOKS AS THE ANGRY MOB DESTROYS EVERYTHING AROUND HIM! SEE HOW THE CAMERA LINGERS ON HIS SHRIVELED BODY, AND HOW THE UNRULY MOB REALLY BEGINS TO CONTEMPLATE THEIR ACTIONS IN THE FACE OF HIS SHRIVELED PENIS! LISTEN TO THE MONOLOGUE OF HOW WERCKMEISTER'S THEOREM BROUGHT DISORDER TO MUSIC THAT SET THE MEDIUM ON A COURSE FOR DESTRUCTION THAT WE EXPERIENCE TO THIS DAY! THIS IS POWERFUL, THIS IS A MIDDLE FINGER TO SOCIETY, THIS IS TRUTH! YOU DIRTY CAPITALISTS COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_d5X2t_s9g8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying i'm gonna read that

this was a great movie man, wtf you talking about

he can't fathom cinema without capes or explosions

that mob scene was amazing. the opening scene was perfection.

I'm deeply triggered right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=_d5X2t_s9g8

what if, and hear me out, but what if OP actually liked the movie?

OP isn't serious
If you're cultured enough to even know about the film chances are you're cultured enough to like it

Although there were a few people who left the theater or fell asleep last time I saw it

having read OP again, I'm sure this was a bait way to start a conversation about the kino

I don't know what to say other than it was a tremendous film and made me feel ashamed to have not seen other films like it

why was the old man's penis so frail?

At least this one isn't eight fucking hours.

who did the Prince represent?

The prince was the herald of the eclipse, which brings chaos into the town

I went to see a conversation between Tarr and some french philosopher and when some french girl asked Tarr a question Tarr made fun of her.

based tarr

What did you think of the talk? I was also there
I thought it was quite casual, not very deep or theoretical.

Last Friday? Yeah I was kind of disappointed. They were going through the motions/talking on auto-pilot about stuff you can read on any short blurb related to a Tarr film. I also thought he was quite rude to the French girl.

Did you go to any of the Satantango screenings? I wanted to go but couldn't make it any of the three times :/

i stopped watching. its depressing af

Yeah, I thought it was nice of EYE to do a retrospective on Tarr but it just didn't seem academic enough and quite low-fi, the exhibition was a bit of a disappointment too.

He did specifically say not to ask that question though... which was a bit of a wasted question imo, all the questions were not very interesting, but at least it wasn't as tragic as the Q&A at the Satantango screening.
I thought at least the idea of the talk was nice, the climate for cinema in the Netherlands isn't great, but at least it shows Eye could have some influence on the culture (I believe Apichatpong is coming later in the year)

>it wasn't as tragic as the Q&A at the Satantango screening
lel did he walk off or something?

hi vitus

no but I bet he was thinking to the questions were so bad. One user even got told to fuck off.

hi user!

>One user even got told to fuck off.
That would be me!

email reply when
the hype is too real right now
pls respond

>got told to fuck off
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
What did you do?

powerful film. why does Sup Forums care about this now?

sorry I'm still recovering from the w/e, I went to see some chinese guy who makes music with his body in the Red Light District and it got a bit crazy. Is kino in the Netherlands back on the menu bois?

That sounds pretty cool. Was the music itself good, or was it all about the performance? I never go out in the RLD.
>Is kino in the Netherlands back on the menu bois?
That short is almost done so I'd say yes.

Asked him about how his style evolved throughout his career. He told me that Jonathan Rosenbaum and Susan Sontag had asked about the same thing and that I should fuck off.

idk, it was definitely the weirdest performance I've ever been to and I've seen a girl putting a mic in her vagina and a guy fake-masturbating while fake-crying while smearing himself in shit.
hopefully you'll be better than Frans Zwartjes

>I've seen a girl putting a mic in her vagina and a guy fake-masturbating while fake-crying while smearing himself in shit.
This is your brain on Bela Tarr.

lel fucking performance art
I was gonna post something about definitely being better than Zwartjes since he's dead, but he's actually alive so w/e

It had a cold.