Redpill me on universal healthcare. Is it better than what we have now?

Redpill me on universal healthcare. Is it better than what we have now?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435131/Friends-girl-18-leukemia-sign-casket-loving-messages-final-goodbye-died-waiting-hospital-bed-shortage-Canada.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Here in Canada we pay much less for prescriptions because the government acts as a single buyer for all prescriptions and it forces companies to bid against eachother for coverage. In theroy insurance companies can do this too, but when the government actually does this efficiently, you cut out the middleman.

Universal Coverage increases accessibility to healthcare, obviously, which can improve the general populations outcome generally. If you adopt a universal coverage system that makes patients pay for a percentage of their coverage, you can still keep things more cost-efficient and reduce the incidence of patients seeking treatments that aren't cost effective because they themselves don't feel the impacts of the cost. Canada doesn't do this because we're retarded.

If somebody says "we can't do universal healthcare because Canada" don't listen to them, they're retarded, other countries do universal healthcare better. WHO seems to like French healthcare.

Sanders healthcare plan is retarded because it gets all the tax increases from the rich. If he included a consumption tax like a sales tax or a VAT tax it would be less distorting to the economy, get taxes from a broader base of the population, and be less vulnerable to a recession cutting the tax revenues from the rich and fucking over the economy.

>Paying for healthcare for space aliens

Nothing should be run by the government. If anyone can name one well run organization in the federal government, please do.

Like the thing about Sanders system is with universal coverage, and barely increased tax rates for the poor, everybody is gonna have money in pocket, while the rich are going to have less. The rich will struggle to make their business models work on a higher tax rate, and the poor flooded with new money in the short term rather than being productive will waste all the money on stupid shit like resteraunt visits. A consumption tax helps account for this retarded distortion rather well, especially one targeting frivolous shit and less long term investments. Also a 90% tax rate on the super rich is not acceptable just because we did it during WWII.

It would make more sense that the people that would be paying less money as a result of universal coverage pay more in taxes. Sanders was proposing the biggest peacetime tax increase ever while also breaking up the banks and getting all the money to fund himself from income taxes that distort the economy. In the long term a more gradual approach is better for the economy.

NASA

Federal Student Aid

You trolling or serious? That is the organization that pisses away money that could be used more productively using the excuse "but space is magical :D"

Universal healthcare is a way for freeloading niggers to get healthcare when they don't deserve it. That's all.

So what's bernie going to do now with all that donation money. Does it go directly to shillary or does he blow it on coke and whores?

Space IS magical. Without NASA we will become extinct when we ruin the planet and can't find another one to live on.

The NHS is fucking shit. I don't mean that in an angsty teenage rebel way I genuinely mean it. Whenever I go into waiting rooms it is full of Muslim women.

Even if NASA's space adventures don't amount to much, getting the most brilliant minds in the world together to solve practical problems with wide applications will always be important.

Better than what we have now but infinitely worse than a free market system. Before the 1960s when the state started fucking with healthcare, it was unknowingly cheap and efficient. Doctors posted straightforward prices on their walls. Most people paid for everything out of pocket with ease and those that couldn't got pro bono care or support from their community.

Today we have the most complicated, bloated, corrupt and bureaucratic system imaginable. It's truly the worst of both worlds. Obama are has doubled, tripled or quadrupled some people's premiums. The bureaucracy is so complicated that insurance companies aren't even making money off this scam. We are literally wasting trillions of dollars on bureaucracy and administration. Obamacare was so fucking bad that my theory is that it was purposely bad so that the democrats can say "oops guess universal health care is the only way then lol". Fucking piece of shit elitists

>fucking leaf
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435131/Friends-girl-18-leukemia-sign-casket-loving-messages-final-goodbye-died-waiting-hospital-bed-shortage-Canada.html

***unbelievably cheap, not unknowingly. Damn autocorrect

>If somebody says "we can't do universal healthcare because Canada" don't listen to them, they're retarded, other countries do universal healthcare better. WHO seems to like French healthcare.

This is exactly the type of person I was talking about, don't listen to this person, they're retarded. Canada, and for that matter Bongland both have pretty shit public healthcare systems.

Yes, we pay for everybody already. We just do it in a way more expensive indirect way.

You are paying for all of your health care with tax dollars, shithead. In fact, you aren't just paying for your own prescriptions, you're paying for everyone else's as well. You're just too stupid to realize that.

we have a weird system that if you have a disease for life (born with it) you always take priority over those who come down with something even cancer. good chance of why she got fucked over.

>Make a bunch of assumptions about my beliefs
>Call them retarded

Cool story bro

>You are paying for *all* of your health care with tax dollars, shithead.

Healthcare in Canada does not work this way, you're just too stupid to realise that.

Everyone spouting that the universal system bernie proposed would distort the economy is a 1% cocksucker

>This is exactly the type of person I was talking about, don't listen to this person, they're retarded. Canada, and for that matter Bongland both have pretty shit public healthcare systems.

>omg don't listen to all the racists canadian healthcare is so great
>shows evidence that canadian healthcare is not so great
>SEE THERE'S THE RACISTS

lmao fucking leafs

Do sick people also have lower priority?

Forgot pic

>"we can't do universal healthcare because Canada"
>other countries do universal healthcare better
nigger can you even read

I was referring to Canada specifically, but sure, here you go.

>America is the powerhouse of new medical technology
>countries with socialized healthcare are just a bunch of leaches that only survive thanks to the United States

lmao

>countries with socialized healthcare are just a bunch of leaches that only survive thanks to the United States

This is entirely accurate. It's also why the US system is retarded.

It's better if you're very poor.
For everyone who can afford insurance no

Prepare for a lot of maltreatment as the healthcare system will face constant budget cuts, stressed nurses and doctors who don't care anymore.

Non-whites have low-IQ's and are unable to maintain a modicum of physical fitness, this causes them consume massive amounts of healthcare. We cannot afford universal healthcare unless all non-whites are purged first.