Why do people like this character again?

Why do people like this character again?

>came out of nowhere to replace a longtime Avengers member
>character has no depth besides "she needs to appeal to millennials with internet language and quirkiness"
>Muslim for the sake if being Muslim, totally no agenda there
>pushed to the moon despite her character's former popularity being less than important for years
>series lauded as groundbreaking despite being the most generic young-adult style imaginable

She represents everything wrong with capeshit today. Why support her?

Waifubait.

Because its a fairly light-hearted book with a fun cast?

She's fun. Some people enjoy things without trying to poke holes in everything. Also race change doesn't bother me if it's a new person, since comics are full of white people anyway.

look up the writer

>Muslim for the sake if being Muslim, totally no agenda there

As opposed to being christian for the sake of being christian?

Here's a question, why do some people demand that a character who isn't white-guy mcdefault have to somehow justify their existence? Or why do some people feel like characters from different walks of life somehow have to exist to push some "evil" agenda?

Literally Marvel's Roman Reigns.

The character is enjoyed because she is well written.

She's a cute brown girl. People like cute brown girls. I doubt Korra would have got as many seasons if the main character was an Asian boy again.

Insecurity.

Plus its fun to read a character who doesn't have some sort of horrible guilt or tragedy in their backstory.

No dead parents, no abusive childhood, no last of her kind from a dead planet, no history of alcoholism, no terminal illness, etc. - she's just a good person who is inspired to be a hero.

>>Muslim for the sake if being Muslim, totally no agenda there
Scott Snyder pls.

Probably because Islam is inherently evil and their culture's treatment of women is sickening, so a publication that champions them with a cute female main character is pretty offensive.

>Probably because Islam is inherently evil and their culture's treatment of women is sickening
Islam is inherently feminist, you F*CKING SHITLORD!

puffy muslin vulva

>big current fad among liberals is white knighting for Muslims
>fad gets so out of control that whitey cucks let Muslims hijack their culture
>meanwhile, a comic comes out during the midst of this fad which subliminaly white knights Muslims by portraying them as normal American people

Wew lad pure coincidence

because this website is filled with insecure white nerds who have autism

>>Muslim for the sake if being Muslim, totally no agenda there
Because we muslims and ARABS ARE HUMANS too !

Ah, so it's another example of somebody isn't part of a group championing for said groups rights and or dignity without being asked to or completely understanding the situation at hand.

Good. Great. Fantastic.

All the Judeo-Christian religions are shitty to women if you go by the book, but she's a second generation American and not living back in some fundie shithole.

Its like the difference between a "Christian" who is generally pretty laid back and just listens to the peace/love/charity stuff and a "Christian" who sees their religion as code for "burn the gays, women should be barefoot and pregnant"

not my parents.they are nice..

>meme refrences
>good writing

Pick one and only one

Muslims aren't humans. You're not even sub-human. You're sub-canine.

Oh God, this reads like a Sup Forums post about Battlefield 1.

>Why is there a black guy from the Harlem Hellfighters regiment on the cover! It's totally pandering you guys!

>implying you can understand Islam when they don't understand it themselves

How is that different from any other religion?

>canine.
I bet you're a tim drake fans..

Yea either that or Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and this is one of the most important developments on the planet today and it makes sense for anything that wants to be relevant to incorporate it

A little phenomenon called "people having different taste from you". I find her really likeable. She's a dorky teen character in the vein of Peter Parker or Tim Drake (when he was good), but as a Muslim girl, which is an interesting spin on an old formula. She's fun.

Op thinks all superheroes have to be white

All Muslims go "by the book" you spastic. Muslims see the Quran as the irrefutable word of god as delivered by the prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. If it's written in there, you cannot deny it.

Buddhists seem pretty chill mostly.

Not the Tibetan branch though where the monks used to abuse the shit out of peasants.

Sikhism's pretty cool. Except for those Sikhs who ignore the 'no honour-killing/acid attacks' bit.

She's fine a bit overrated on Sup Forums though. I agree she is being pushed way too hard.

Look, you can;t expect someone who is white to be able to connect with someone who isn't white. that would involve empathy and an attempt to give the masses the benefit of the doubt.

Scott Snyder and his fans are really anti Muslim.

>yfw Britain just got it's first Muslim mayor
>yfw drones are probably all yurocucks and DChamps are pure blooded Americans

Then why are there different sects you dumb shit?

Muslims aren't robots with their AI written in Q*RAN programming language, they are people.

Just like any other people there are a lot of assholes and some decent folk who just want to get by and enjoy an easy life.

A better question:

Why do mods let anons who have no interest in discussing comics post their thinly veiled political opinions in every thread in a conscious attempt to derail any actual discussion?

Other religions have reformed since their founding and don't hold the teachings of an illiterate, warmongering paedophile as the gospel truth.

>replace
Carol's still around and still an Avenger, on two teams no less. She got promoted, not replaced.
>character has no depth
hahaha okay I think we're done here

Comics are political. You can't pretend that they exist in a vacuum where the politics of the real world have no bearing.

Fuck. YOU.

Except for all the biblical literalists and quasi-fascist organizations that use religion to give their shit a thin veneer of respectability.

Honestly I'm not sure why some folk here hate muslim fundamentalists so much - both groups seem to hate women and homosexuals and love the idea of killing anyone who thinks differently.

wee Muslims and Arabs Like fandom stuff.we love comics just like white people..

>it's an "I've based my entire opinion off of cropped panels in lol threads" episode

Islam isn't a race.

Comic characters shouldn't be religious. It's agenda pushing at its

She exists to fill a minority quota because of sjw bullshit.

>Implying being ''Muslim'' with no clear indication to which branch of Islam you adhere to doesn't imply its a load of bullshit to start with
>Implying the little false parallel (inb4 all religions are the same, down to the very core Christianity teaching of humility goes in total opposition to the submission/opposition to an higher force that define Islam, this is fact) you just wrote doesn't prove me right

It's as much bullshit as if I took some random, bible-thumping Creationist then said they were a clear representation of the of Christianity as a whole, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth. Or a Tibetan Buddhist monk then said the whole of Hinduism was just the same. Generalization isn't a good way to get a clear ideas of a situation, no matter how righteous or proper this generalization seem to be to your eyes. ESPECIALLY when they appear to be ''right''...

Also we expect the ''white-guy mcdefault'' get to justify his existence just as much as anyone else, but that is in the hand of the writer (who most of the time is a pretty shitty one because who the fuck would voluntarily writes comic books if he could write & sell better stuff on his own?), its not like it the readers who have a say in what the editor decide stay in the book and what doesn't.

Also to the OP, she is obviously a cash-in attempts by marvel to appear more ''hip'' to the younger, brainwashed generation that got fed the bullshit that multiculturalism work if you tolerate EVERY culture, even diametrically opposed ones (Sikh and Sunni Muslims per exemple) and that absolutely nothing wrong could comes out of it. This is literally pandering to a minority & politicians with the perverse intention to appear virtuous to these useful idiots.

I mean the Christians who say "burn the gays" and "all women should be barefoot and pregnant" have no biblical authority. Islam literally says these things out right. The OT religion and the NT are totally different.

To me it just sounds like you just want every superhero to be Captain America or Superman or something to me it sounds like you are I don't know racist

>implying OP knows shit about Ms. Marvel

>Islam isn't a race.
Nowhere in that post does it say it is a race.

>Comic characters shouldn't be religious. It's agenda pushing at its
I guess extremely Catholic Daredevil should cease to exist then.

>She exists to fill a minority quota because of sjw bullshit.
Even if that is true, so what? God forbid a character or two exist who don't pander specifically to you, but instead pander to other people.

Because delicious muslim cake.

Yeah, but if the people FOLLOW the OT then the OT is a part of their religion and a lot of American Fundamentalist Christianity draws on the OT for its base.

Just because it doesn't fit with what you think Christianity should be doesn't mean that it erases what they are doing or makes it "less Christian".

>Why do mods let anons who have no interest in discussing comics post their thinly veiled political opinions in every thread in a conscious attempt to derail any actual discussion?
Nowhere in this did he say or imply that comics weren't political. He's asking about why OP is posting what he's posting, with the intent to discuss his dislike for Muslims rather than anything that has to do with the comic or character, on a board that is for comics and actively discourages this sort of toxic Sup Forums-tier bait.

And manages to be a good standalone character in spite of that.
Which you would know. If you actually read the comics.

>this religion seems pretty chill
>aside from the minority who aren't

So like he said, its like any religion.

>Also we expect the ''white-guy mcdefault'' get to justify his existence just as much as anyone else,

Maybe you expect that, user, maybe you do but I don't think you can say that for every person who whines about it here. After all, I never see any threads about the new white Falcon having to justify his existence or being a ploy to pander to a specific group of people.

Why do you assume that people who hate islam hate women and homosexuals?

This user has a point.

Want millenials to buy your comics? Add a trendy minority or 2 they can identify with.

That, or facetious.

Christian groups that the Bible as justification are people who are literally bullshitting. They take a few lines from the OT and revelations and go hurr it's the end of the wurld gas the kikes and fags. Nevermind that the religion has been about, since day one, hippy anti-materialist bullshit.

1. Nobody liked Carol at that time so they (Sup Forums) didnt think it was a real loss

2. Marvel has appealed to generations before this is not something new, see x-men roster across generations.

3. Being muslim can be see as an agenda but that is an interesting spin on things, characters like Dust or Monet are muslims but they werent americans and we never have seen them interect with their families members outside of killing each others.

4.is there are different factors for Kamala to be ground breaking, some might say is the liberal agenda of pushing no white characters Into a pedestal other might say that her comics is like silver age spider-man, Sup Forums hasnt agreed in an answer

Because usually the same guys who post here about "so progressive" and "sjw pandering" are the ones who post about "feminazis" ruining things and complaining why anyone darker than beige is being written into stuff?

There's a pretty significant crossover in demographics.

I once met a guy on Sup Forums who claimed the entirety of the New Testament was non-canon and Jesus was an OC.

Kek, this just became my new favorite i ain't reading all that shit pic.

Sadiq Khan's from fucking Tooting, I'll take him over some Tory fuckknuckle from Westminster who married someone called Shehrazade Bentley, if purely because he doesn't seem like he's fallen through a wormhole to a universe where the world is a lighthearted political satire.

I like to call this the
>GTA doesn't influence people, but subliminal messages in X media do
defense

I hate any for of oppression, whether it be any religion, feminism, authoritarianism...whatever.

Those are ideas, not people.

And these groups are an extreme minority within Christianity as a whole.

Fuck, for someone who preach against generalization you sure fucking LOVE generalizing the fuck out of the opposite side as to simplify the arguments you have to come up with! You hypocritical faggots (Please note that in the current sentence, I do not mean it in a derogation of your sexual preferences, but rather to point out that you are a bundle of sticks(could be argued to be your values & morals) hold together by the flimsy cord you call an identity) are the worst kind of intolerant scum (the self-righteous kind) and the very reason why your fight for acceptance has stalled down as of late. Crying wolf only work if there are actually wolfs around, you know?

What, you believe that calling peoples racist, homophobes, antisemites, etc. isn't just as much of a generalization as calling all peoples niggers, crackers, yids or whatnot?

lol

*cough* Scarlett Johansson *cough*. *cough*The ancient one*cough*.

feminism isn't women or homosexuals though. It's a political viewpoint. You can hate muslims and feminists and still appreciate people who are female or homosexual.

I'm not saying anything is influencing people. I'm saying that the content of the books relates to politics, and you can't discuss its content without acknowledging that.

You sound fragile

>I hate any for of oppression, whether it be any religion, feminism, authoritarianism...
Sodomy...

So if according to you user some one who dislikes modern feminism hates women. Ideological indoctrination if I've ever seen it. What now anyone who dislikes communism hates the working class?

>And these groups are an extreme minority within Christianity as a whole.
Yeah, but the ultra hardcore woman hating violent branch of Islam is a pretty small minority in most areas too which is why they spend most of their time terrorizing other muslims who want to do crazy things like send their daughters to school and enjoy a more secular way of life.

I'm not saying all muslims are perfect angels and to bless their darling little heads, I'm just saying that the most vile hardcore shit is done by people who are seen as outliers and disliked even within their own group which is why they hide in caves and spread their will through AK-47's instead of the population following them happily.

Let he who is not a sinner cast the first stone.

I think what i get from the user you replied is that in current year, extremist muslims are still killing another people for religious differences while extremist christians are just protesting outside of abortion clinics with signs that say "god hate fags"

Are you saying there are no regular Muslim Americans? Kill yourself

I've seen the most tame shit get called "feminazi" on this board.

Fuck man, if I were to go by the Sup Forums-Sup Forums definition any woman who does pretty much anything proactive in a story is pretty much a castrating she-beast out to take custody of your kids and roll around in your alimony.

>Yeah, but the ultra hardcore woman hating violent branch of Islam is a pretty small minority in most areas too
No they aren't. You must know that they aren't, surely?

Who the FUCK cares about Carol Danvers? Starting somewhere during the tail end of Civil War, she was shilled really hard as Marvel's new poster girl despite being a total who and having shit all for stories.

Those examples are a little different. Kamal isn't removing Carol from existence, Carol just has a new name in Captain Marvel. Meanwhile Scarlett getting the job for Motoko Kusanagi removes potential employment for someone else.

also occasionally blowing up abortion clinics or shooting the doctors who work there, though thankfully its a lot rarer here since we aren't in the goddamn third world.

Oh my God. Is there a "best of" reaction compilation from the Sup Forumsirgins?

Yeah, Carol Danvers is the real Roman Reigns of Marvel. I don't dislike her as a character but her being pushed so hard gets pretty annoying.

hated the bullshit about her not going with her feelings with bruno on the 'last day'
looking out at uncertainty waiting for the end.
not even a kiss, all because wah, muh religion and i do love you, but muh religion.
the fuck.
they should've thrown down on top of the school and gone hormonal.

Well, in their defense they didn't have too many choices. All the other former poster girls, mainly Storm and The Invisible Woman are all tied up with other companies. They had to pick someone they still had 100% rights too and someone who wasn't a sociopathic spy/murderer like Black Widow or Gamora.

thank you.I love comics just like white people..
I love cosplay..I like dolls..I like my school friends.
I read yaoi mangas.we are not all evil..

If they were universal then why would they need to do things like suicide bomb market places and takes schools full of helpless children hostage to force their shitty message on their fellow countrymen?

That is exactly what they are doing with Kamala right now. She got slapped onto the avengers got a ton of guest appearances, was in pleasant hill, and will be in civil war 2, has tony stark and carol kissing her ass and even fighting for her attention.

It's mainly because these kind of discussion have been going on for as long as the comic themselves that instead of defining them with such term we call them ''tropes'' and ''cliche'', and these kind of discussion has been overdone to death. It's just that with the modern PC trend shitty writer try to pass the same cliches as amazing writing simply because it paint the MC ( a minority muslim) in a good light and if anyone say anything about it, their concern get thrown under the bus as they are deemed ''hateful comments'' or some shit.

You guys started to call a shovel a spade then believed you actually created the fucking term.

It wasn't about her religion you dumb fuck, it was just regular Spider-Man style "my life is too dangerous to get involved in romance"

Its stated flat out in the book.

It's a simple and fun coming of age and second generation immigrant story. Literally kill yourself if you think there's anything wrong with that.

Kamala is pushed super hard too
>carol
>not a murderer
Alien lives matter user, and she gets down right sadistic about it.