So...did anyone aside from me enjoy BvS more?

So...did anyone aside from me enjoy BvS more?

unfortunately, yes

bvs was a little better. cap has the best trilogy short of nolan's. we are in great times man. hope JL is just as good.

Statistically speaking yes, but likely in the extreme minority.

How does it feel being alone?

In China, CA: CW earned $96M in three days and BvS earned $95M in five weeks.

China confirmed for good taste.

Honestly thought Civil War was boring as fuck up until the airport fight, which was great albeit semi ruined by the quips from fucking EVERY CHARACTER.

I liked the emotional fight between Cap and Iron Man too. Ultimately, even though Civil War is objectively the better crafted film in terms of editing, more coherent plotting, etc BvS had higher highs. That hype Batman intro, the Darkseid future scene, the actual fight, that warehouse beat down, and I actually liked the Doomsday fight. I'm looking forward to the 4 hour cut but I'm never going to watch Civil War again.

No, there are others who share your shit taste, unfortunately

Can we at least admit Snyder has an eye for action and the Russos don't? What the fuck is up with those 10 fps extreme close up fights with a million cuts? The action is fucking incomprehensible aside from the airport fight, which I think is directed by ILM people. All of the action in BvS was better.

BvS is better, cant wait the solo batman movie

Snyder is much more visual and knows how to make good visuals. That's the only thing he knows how to do, unfortunately.

Civil War was a stopgap. Nothing significant was accomplished. The team may be split for now, but we all know they will reunite to fight Thanos. The Sokovia Accord will be ignored and brushed under the rug. Cuvil War did nothing aside from introducing Spidey and Black Panther.

BvS had a conflict that had purpose. Batman and Superman always fight when they first meet. Their conflict was exacerbated by Lex Luthor, making it much more brutal. But in the end, they accomplished something. In the rubble of Doomsday, they begin to plant the foundation for the Justice League. Something of significance actually resulted from the events of the story.

I did, CW had cool moments, but it was go generic and safe. BvS had much better action and potential. I have a feeling that the 3hour cut will also solve many of its editing issues.

It started out so well, for a moment, I actually thought it was going to be good. Then
>dream sequence
>another dream sequence
>dream sequence within a dream sequence
>lex luthor: I'm totally ad-libbing this by the way, because the script is so fucking garbage, but if I talk real fast in a real annoying tone, and behave erratically, no one's going to keep track of what I'm saying and they'll just assume it was just too clever to understand
>sorry to interrupt our report on the on-going hostage situation, please wait while this irrelevant character watches five superhero teasers on youtube btw COMING THIS SUMMER
>maaaaaarthhhhaaaaaa
>now let's wrap up with a really, really boring video game-y boss fight with this turd no one cares about
>did anyone, for one attosecond, actually believe we killed superman? Because LOL WE DIDN'T

>the scene in which Lex presents the jar of piss

Yeah it requires so much higher thinking

>Who's with me? ;_;

This.

Although my judgement is skewed because of a kid talking throughout B v S.

I feel the vast majority of the audience liked it while most of the critics and about 20% of others hated it.

More hyped for the 3hr cut than to rewatch Civil War.

Can someone explain the editing issues to me? The scenes flowed pretty well to me when I saw it.

>one attosecond
Nice.

I liked BvS, but this is really, really, REALLY pushing it.

Meant to be kid talked throughout Civil war not B v S.

no one enjoyed bvs

>China confirmed for shit taste

Ftfy

Actually - yea.

>BvS: Amazing cinematography, kinda shitty everything else
>CA:CW: Shitty cinematography, kinda great everything else

jesus all i want is a movie competently written that LOOKS good.

I did.

Dark Knight?

I like BvS more but only because its new. We've had Marvel for nearly a decade now

Can someone explain to me how the fuck a watchable 1080 HD-TS is out already?

and storys way more important then cinematography unfortunately

Superman's sacrifice is still important, even though everyone knew he was coming back.

Just like Jesus

SNYDER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?

>visual medium

Disney, pls.

as much as Sup Forums hates how over jerked TDK is, yea pretty much. it was its own thing and didn't need to have a "house style" like most marvel movies.

marvel shows a little flare here and there but for the most part it looks like television. especially talking scenes. Shot reverse shot, normal lighting, characters sitting and not moving, etc. Ant-Man was particularly bad at this with the stuff at the house. It was shot so generically.

hes right in that not every superhero movie should be funny
thats why civil war and winter solider are perhaps the best marvel movies, because theres more great story then just quips
BvS would of had a great serious dynamic if it wasnt nonsensical

It is? Where?

What part of it was "nonsensical?" It made sense to me.

There's a thread on Sup Forums about it. That's where these pictures are from

Captain.America.Civil.War.2016.1080p.HDTC.x264.AC3-PAHE.in

Trying to be serious is the number one reason why all other superhero movies fail so fucking hard. Especially BvS. If all you put in your food is salt, it'll taste like shit.

>20% of others hated it
I have yet to find a single person I know personally that liked BvS, so I think that number is way, way off.
That said I don't think BvS is as bad as most seem to think. I enjoyed my watch and I'll download it when it comes out. But with Civil War I was eager to pay for a second viewing.

I liked BvS more. I thought it had much more balls and took more risks to tell a story. Visually, it's much better as well.

die

BvS was a movie for the fans. Lex's painting has a black hole in the top representing Darkseid's "hole in things"

Gracias familia

>b-but muh references

>LITERALLY 2deep4u

Too bad the story is crap. It doesn't matter how hard you try to cook dog shit it's still dogshit

>Stop liking what I don't like!
No.

I dont get how anyone could say CW was boring, but not say the same for BvS. that one had like 2 hours of boring ass "build up" to a fight that lasted shorter than the airport scene.

Can someone post the image with all the MCU RT rating vs DCEU rating?

bitch these "references" im sure you could look up in a DC encyclopedia just to seem like a hardcore fan. god knows Zack snyder has read anything besides Watchmen and the Dark Knight Returns

>this movie was fucking shit
>but this character had a tattoo resembling an ink blot from the special edition of issue 4/1956 in his ass
>so? the movie was still fucking shit
>I-IT WAS FOR THE FANS 2DEEP4U

>Can someone explain to me how the fuck a watchable 1080 HD-TS is out already?

Chinese are not to be trusted. They took money from WB to leak it in a desperate attempt to hurt CW numbers.

Assblasted Sup Forums posters pls go.

The important part is all MCU is fresh. The vast majority are certified fresh.

DCEU is rotten as fuck

Surface-level references are meaningless when core character concepts are ignored or changed

Me, too, OP. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Maybe I am.

And I like it.

>he thought the point of the movie was the fight
How does it feel to be so autistic?

The airport fight was lame as fuck, like...wtf it wasn't even a fight. to me this movie was "Fan-service: The Movie"

>pls
JUST SPELL OUT YOUR WORDS YOU ILLITERATE FUCK

also, type in bold

>Batman v Superman
>not about the fight
I know you did this on purpose

This is true.

The funny part is that the Russos came out and admitted the only reason the "Civil War" plot was shoehorned it was because BvS got announced, and Marvel Studios realized they were running the risk of becoming stale by following their formula endlessly. The sad part is that the Civil War plot point was the worst part of the movie.

>Dawn of Justice

welcome to Dick Cheney's America

i liked BvS more than Deadpool

>dawn of justice
superman gets killed, and Batman kills now. talk about "dawn of justice"

>citation needed

There are only three reasons to like BvS more than CW

-Being a huge DC fanboy in denial
-Being an edgy teenager who likes "cool visuals" and doesn't care about movie editing
-Hating the MCU for no reason, having decided CW is worse than anything before even seeing the movie.

It's not about company wars, CW was the superior movie. No contest. You an have your opinion, but know it is a shit one.

>Batman V. Superman
>The trailers focused on the fight
>#WhoWillWin
Sure, guy

This. Watching it a second time, it's also pretty transparent how they just threw in Ant-Man and Spider-Man for the quip potential. Everything leading up to the fight was some heavy handed crap about being repsonsible for your actions and feeling guilty.

I know people come down on Snyder's movies for the characters not vocalizing their emotions, but the other side of that coin was here in Civil War, where characters harped on the same tired ideas in almost every scene.

BvS
>oh fuck, Bruce in burning Metropolis
>oh, fuck, Kryptonite
>oh, fuck, spoopy vigilante Batman
>oh, fuck, Lex granted access by government
>oh, fuck, Flash time traveling
>oh, fuck, Superman warning Batman, Bats not backing down
>oh, fuck, Superman failing to disarm bomb, he's fucked
>oh, fuck, Bats prep sequence, getting juicy for The Superman
>oh, fuck, Lex manipulating Superman
>oh, fuck, HERE WE GO
>oh, fuck, Lex files on metas
>oh, fuck, Bats' vigilante thug thrashing
>Doomsday! oh, fuck, we're fucked
>oh, fuck, they're nuking Supes
>oh, fuck, IT'S FUCKING *tribal electronic music blares*
>oh, fuck, it's the trinity on the fucking big screen
>oh, fuck, Bats calling on WW to unite the 7

CW
>oh, fuck, it's black panther
>oh, fuck, they're outrunning fucking cars
>oh, fuck, it's underoos, he's a damn kid
>oh, fuck, HERE WE GO
>oh, fuck, spideroos taking out these guys
>oh, fuck, Ant-Man taking out Tony
>oh, fuck, giANT-Man
>oh, fuck they're all imprisoned, this jailbreak scene is gonna be great...

Basic rundown of hype moments. After airport scene CW took a nose dive, the final battle wasn't even that good.

>Russos have to improvize
>deliver

>Snyder gets 3 years to do whatever he wants
>fucks it up

>purposefully obtuse
I bid you good day, sir!

This.

Any yet the best and most well made superhero film is Dark Knight. There is no disputing this.

Only retards believe the marketing. You know the studio forced them to call it "Batman v. Superman" because it's the name recognition that got butts in the seats. You have to have their names in the title.

Please. BvS does an absolutely piss-poor job of establishing its extended universe.
We get 45% Batman, 45% Superman, the two characters who needed the LEAST amount of setup out of the entire universe, maybe 5% Wonder Woman, and then

I hope Suicide Squad or the solo Batman film are good because I think that will put a stop to a lot of the MoS and BvS apologism if DC fans just have something better to cling to.

ITT: Hugbox for people with shit taste

>Affleck will never make a good Batman movie as good as even TDKR

yeah, I couldnt think of anything better.

....you really hurt my feelings so Im gonna cry like a bitch now

zack pls go back directing another trainwreck

fixed

>oh, fuck, Batman
>oh, fucking flash look horrible
>oh, fuck, Superman is retarded
>oh, fucking seriously? Piss?
>oh, fuck, Lex files on metas are shoehorned as fuck
>oh, fuck, Bats' vigilante thug thrashing
>Doomsday! oh, fuck, he looks like fuck
>The DCEU is dead. Fucking Snyder

Were you even old enough to go see supes? Did your mom go with you?

>being this much of a Disney-shill

Cute.

Not enough seats, apparently.

But I somewhat agree with you on the title with the executives. If anything, it should have been called Batman V : Superman