What are your thoughts on millenials?

Do you think social network sites and sites similar to them tumblr, reddit, youtube, spotify, netflix, facebook, twitter is directing them how to think? What music to listen too, what youtube to watch, what messages to upboat, what movies to watch etc...

The internet was so different before social networking sites became popular more a free for all.

I fear what its going to look like when the elites clamp down.

What are your thoughts?

>Do you think social network sites and sites similar to them tumblr, reddit, youtube, spotify, netflix, facebook, twitter is directing them how to think?
Can any rational, informed individual actually deny this?

>I fear what its going to look like when the elites clamp down.
They're starting in Europe. Look up FB "helping" enforce EU "hate speech" laws

Here my out, my idea is more 1984 tier. How are they ever going to question anything when none of their facebook feed suggests them to watch a youtube video on say timothy mcveigh or some shit? When they only follow miley cyrus and tay tay on twitter? When they only see youtube trending videos and recommended videos to watch.

See what i'm getting at?

>What are your thoughts?
you talk like a faggot

Its a discussion board i want a discussion.

None of this really has much to do with millenials beyond their being the target audience of all this, though. Even the millenials developing and manipulating these platforms were in turned manipulated by (((higher education and academia)))

I did STEM so i wasn't really taught how to think more just straight science. So I wouldn't know how academia is bullshit.

>inb4 newtonia law and einsteins maths are wrong and everything built of it is wrong, thats a different argument and i'm not a mathematician or physicist.

Look up the Frankfurt school, Deconstructionism, and gender theory. These three aspects have infiltrated the majority of liberal arts curricula

Product of their environment, if you hate Millennials you should hate their parents/society that created them.

More like memenials

>1984
Eric Blair appreciates the sentiment but in reality we are in more of a "Brave New World" society, with people being blissfully ignorant by having petty distractions (like social media).

I'm aware of cultural marxism and shit like that.

when did the tech industry become liberal? serious question 2009?

>Do you think social network sites and sites similar to them tumblr, reddit, youtube, spotify, netflix, facebook, twitter is directing them how to think?

Yes. Smartphones are an easy way to herd the flock.

I don't hate them i just think they see the world through a very narrow lens.

>with people being blissfully ignorant by having petty distractions (like social media).
Fahrenheit 451 is closer.

>Fahrenheit 451

is this worth a read?

thing is i fear that soon the interwebs will just be these sorts of sites

and sites like Sup Forums and shit like that will go by the wayside

Yes, people willingly destroy their only hope for change and they could very soon destroy the last of it (im talking about the book btw)

yes the mouthbreathers will be influenced and controlled.

because that, it was boomers and gen x'ers being manipulated by the nightly news.

nothing fucking changed, it happens and will happen with every generation, quit pretending like you are some savior of Sup Forums

They were giving a ruined worlds and get shit on for not wanting to work their asses off to fix dumb old fucks' mistakes.

>quit pretending like you are some savior of Sup Forums

but i am

also the internet is a whole different kettle of fish compared to tv and you know it

Not in my case, but I've never been a person who follows the crowd. People in general are not smart and do not think for themselves. I don't think the generation changes this.

faceshit twitshit and the like are literally regurgitations of tv

1993 here.

social networks, TBBT, adventure show, the Iphone
and the general dumbification of technologies ruined the world.

Lazy kids, let's punish them for electing Obama, and get it while we can.

No i'm saying that eventually the elites will push to make the internet just like that TV and get rid of anything else 4chinz included

There is much more to the internet is much more than just twitter

this

I'm pretty much the same way, but because of it I have zero friends and am pretty much alienated from my peers

Millennial are just an experiment

Fuck off to whatever leftist media outlet you are trying to piece together an article for.

Fuck you caught me i actually work for the huffington post ;^).

>using the smiley with the carat nose

did that disturb you?

>directing them how to think?
not explicitly. most have ads and they obviously want you to consider clicking and viewing them.
And the selective hand picking that they might do to present themselves and favorable positions are likely just reactions to what they believe is the most Safe/popular position to hold.

sites like tumblr, netflix, and youtube will feed you things that are similar based on tags and titles, Not to control your mind, but to throw more pages with ads on it that you are more likely to stick around for.

it has allowed people to more easily bubble themselves and explore opposing views.

these sites, like facebook's news feed, could definitely be used to artificially control a narrative, but that only works if people are uncritical and dont care to do a 5 second google search and not just accept the first few results.

The modern western world is this wierd combination of "1984", "Fahrenheit 451" and "The Brave New World".
Social Media is great for the governments because it allows to control the masses.
The level of sexual freedom is insane. Changing your sex/gender and having sex with transsexuals and gay rights would be unimaginable 100 years ago.
The elites allow people to do all those things because degenerates are really easy to control. I've talked to a lot of teenagers recently and most of them don't care about politics and history. In fact, half of them told me that politics are boring and they don't want to waste their time on it. They just read something on social media and accept it as the truth.