You know what makes The Thing the greatest movie of all time?

You know what makes The Thing the greatest movie of all time?
It has no women in it.

The Thing could be female

just like irl amirite?

Freud pls leave

the prequel had mew and another qt in it and it didnt suck because of them

wtf, i hate The Thing now!

thing is a woman. it's a metaphor for how a single woman destroys any group of men.

This

None on set either after a women left in the beginning because she was pregnant. Go figure.

>woman is right about everything
>all the men are stupid and wrong

excellent

WHY DID THEY MAKE THE ENTIRETY OF THE 2011 WITH THE COOLEST-LOOKING PRACTICAL EFFECTS EVER, AND THEN REPLACE 100% OF IT WITH MEDIOCRE CGI

ITS SO INFURIATING, JESUS FUCKING CUNTCHRIST

all the men in the original were stupid and wrong too.

Just watched the thing a couple of hours ago and it was pretty good. The "prequel" you mention seems full of cliches and it doesn't seem like a "paranoia" horror, like the original.
Do they also use the same cool or on par practical effects, which was a huge plus in the first?

The thing is female and a allegory of the mother. Keith David's character was remained Childs ffs.

childs, the old guy and mac weren't stupid at all. suppose the rest of them are dopey though

keith david is awesome. he survived vietnam, got his dick sucked by jennifer connelly and became and smoked a huge joint in his longjohns in a comfy arctic base

The director and fx people did some amazing practical effects.

Then fucking producers happened and forced CGI on everything

kek

of course it's female, it's a mindless monstrosity capable of ruining countless lives if exposed to the outside world. What the fuck else does that sound like to you

>implying men are so weak-minded that the presence of one woman destroys them
...actually, I guess humanity is kinda fucking stupid

yes it did

Was either Childs or Mac the thing at the end?

Literally impossible to figure out, and I mean literally. There's just so much possibilities for almost every major event, assimilation and timestamps are all over the place, it's one gigantic puzzle that's never going to be solved.

this tbqh. if this actually happens to people you know, they're pathetic.

They were forced into that movie. The Norwegian camp had zero Americans and zero women/colored people.

But, it didn't suck because of them: it sucked because it wasn't a movie worth making.

The most underrated part of the film: During the final encounter just when Nauls wanders off into the demise, Mac calling his name when it suddenly hits him - he pulls the hood down and looks towards the camera, he's all alone and shit's reaching the boiling point in terror. That little moment still gets me every time.

Something I didn't exactly get: if one of them has been infected, the thing wins, right? All the thing wants is to freeze and live until they find it again. Or does the fact they are above the ground means that it won't freeze properly to remain alive or something?
Also, how can Mac be infected? He escaped and we follow him all the time(after the rest at least)...

Both men are armed, and neither one is going to freeze to death......

Mac was armed? He didn't have dynamite or a flamethrower? Also, they don't trust each other, that doesn't mean they will kill each other, that's what I understood.
Also, I fucking hate theories in movies, but I know I am going to read most of them about who's infected and who's not.

This. I've read every fucking theory about this film that this site or the likes of Rob Ager throw up, but I can't see myself ever not being engaged with them. The discussions never go anywhere but I love this film too damn much to stop.

Also, in the final scene Mac has a flamethrower in the screenplay only, we never see one in the film but people repeatedly state it as fact even though plenty of scripted scenes were cut or changed during filming

mac has dynamite

Based Carpenter

Was Clark just an innocent, but aloof dog lover or a misanthropic maniac who cared more about dogs than human life like the actor says?

At least the way he was played, I'd definitely say he leans more to the latter. It's one thing if he loved dogs, but he's never even shown to have much of a connection with anyone at the camp, not even in the brief interactions we get with other characters like Childs and Palmer smoking weed and watching TV together. He's noticeably detached from everyone else, only showing any positive emotion when he's calming down the dog-thing. Not in an extreme, sociopathic way, mind, but in a way that would indicate that he'd rather not interact with anybody if he can help it. It also doesn't help that he's pretty tight lipped throughout the whole movie, the only lines I can remember from him are from his conversation with Blair about the dog and during the broken blood bank scene, where he interjects and everyone is quick to jump on him.

I've been meaning to rewatching the Thing for the past few nights but I keep jacking off and falling asleep instead. What should I do tonight?

your face when the thing is a metaphor for death creeping and our inability to escape it

just saw this movie for the first time and was blown away

while I think its amazing is there really much to look into? at the end childs is clearly infected because he has a different color coat

is there anything I can watch like the thing thats as good?

Watch it again and see all the little things you missed the first time around unless you looked up a bunch of shit on the movie and spoiled all the rly makes you think moments.

Nah it's the practical effects that make the movie so damn amazing.

turning all men against eachother, occupying their life with a pointless meaningless struggle before it finally invades them from the inside and rips them apart but not before destroying any relationships it had

wouldn't misanthropic maniac imply he'd go murder crazy almost immediately? not when it's morally justified

That would be...ALIEN.

ALIEN = ELLEN RIPLEY.

In Alien3...the Warden says that now that she is in their male-only prison she has caused "Ripples"...Ripley!

Fincher made Alien3, Fight Club ("Is another woman really what we need?")...Gone Girl, etc. Fincher Based.

No women in this.

Greatest movie ever made.

Childs is The Thing because in the end only Mac has cold breath coming out of his mouth.

underrated

But if it has a vagina, i'd stick my dick in it regardless of the risk.

>analyzing movies instead of enjoying them
>being a virgin

life sounds comfy for you guys

Who would in in a fight between Alien, Predator, and The Thing? I put my money on the Predator. With his advanced vision he should be able to detect the Thing.

There are two extremes of horror on the spectrum which represents male and female 'insanity':

For men it's autism, which they are more genetically prone to get by a large margin, which makes them 'emotionless, ruthless, and cold'
I.E: Terminator, Predator, Alien

They are the male egos coming to rape shit.

Schizophrenia is the women's mental illness and fear. This is what 'The Thing' embodies: twisted horrific faces and fucked up voices etc.

So the user who said the thing is female is spot on.

You jelly?

I think you guys are missing the point here. It didn't have titties, so it couldn't have possibly been female.

Another good one along the same lines is Black Mountain. Same isolated feel but with a completely different plot. No women and no romantic filler. What other great movies offer isolation and male bonding?

Yeah the first time I watched it after seeing Gary get THINGED in such a depressing way Nauls going out offscreen made me feel pretty scared for Mac

user stop

>t. imdb kiddy

this also fits perfectly with the grey