Spawn

All the fucking capeshit movies and THIS GUY doesn't get a new movie? Tell me, Sup Forums,
>who'd you cast?
>who should direct?
>Origin story? Or some of the later stuff?

I'd kill to see the Urizen storyline and watch Al wreck Malebolgia's shit on the big screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2017/02/17/todd-mcfarlane-sam-and-twitch-kevin-smith-bbc-america/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no one remember spawn and its more surprising todds even trying since hes the biggest white apologist their is

Oldfag here, Image was the worst thing to happen to the comics industry

Jeez user, why are you such a capefag?

>2017
>Exciting times of progressiveness and gender identity
>Wanting a Spawn film
Do you honestly think it would be the least bit good? Enjoy your watered down, gender-identity sensitive/multicultural awareness undertones and Asian Al Simmons.

holy shit we should be making less capeshit not a movie for every irrelevant character. Once the fad dies these movies will be worthless

you retards could've done some basic research before acting like triggered snowflakes:

Image Comics founder Todd McFarlane has been crafting a self-financed reboot of Spawn, which he hopes will be a hard-R indie horror movie rather than a superhero film. After nearly a year of Facebook updates to fans during the scripting stages, a new interview with Vulture provides the latest word on the movie. The script is now “just about completed,” and McFarlane reiterates that the new Spawn will not — repeat, not — be a superhero movie.
“It’s impossible for me to believe that anyone will go to this movie and think it’s a superhero movie if they watch the trailer once,” McFarlane said. “It will say, without using bold words, ‘This is not a superhero movie. Period.’ If you think it is, don’t go. Because it won’t act, talk, feel like any of it. What it will act and talk and feel like are creepy little low-budget movies that scare the shit out of you.”

By financing and directing the film himself, McFarlane tells Vulture he’ll have creative freedom he wouldn’t otherwise have with a studio at the helm. “The greatest single value that anybody can give me is freedom. That’s it. That’s going to be the epitaph when I die. It’s just going to say: Here lies Todd McFarlane. He was free. Period.”

>Believing Todd will make this.
Goddamn user, how can you be such an autistic fag? Even the most basic form of c/o/mic fan knows McFarlane is full of shit.

to bad i already said todds part of the problem with it in the first place asshole, itll be BLM the movie instead of anything spawn releated

Spawn belongs in the early 90s as a good memory, I don't want some shit current year reboot

He actually has a script, and in meetings with executives.

Dude has been talking about this for almost 20 years. At one point it was going to be from the perspective of Sam and Twitch. I don't think it will ever happen in any form.

>Asian spawn
>Implying Idris Elba wouldn't be casted

This cunt could have made 6 series of animated by now but keeps wanting to make a movie.

What a fucking idiot.

this.

hardly any new comic fans know who spawn is and the people that remember spawn from back in the day dont care anymore. todd should have just dealt with the spawn cartoon on hbo and called it a day

What ever happened to the animation that was supposed to come out? I'd love another series like the HBO one.

Idris Elba as Spawn, no memeing.

I like how the series ended right when things were starting to happen. Top notch.

Because this guy who made the series is a fucking hack and never actually went farther than the initial arc. Seriously the comics all revolve around the plot of the tv show. It's embarrassing, nothing is ever resolved, he just got rich and bounced.

I thought Al Simmons' story was concluded in the comic? Idk, I haven't touched a Spawn comic since 1994. I just wish the cartoon had some kind of ending even if it was shitty and rushed, I hate when shows just get dropped right in the middle especially after all the set up.

Kevin Smith is writing and directing a Sam and Twitch series for BBC America.

comicbook.com/2017/02/17/todd-mcfarlane-sam-and-twitch-kevin-smith-bbc-america/

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, if it did it was years after the show and the comics had been running for years. Really though I don't think it do.

I'm not sure either, not that it really matters, I always thought the HBO show was better than the comic anyway.

>>who'd you cast?
Orignal casting was perfect for Spawn

>>who should direct?
Depends what arc you're doing.

>>Origin story? Or some of the later stuff?
Origin is kinda required, also sets up for some sequels. I'd do Origin > War between heaven and hell > Spawn's Ascension

Every time Todd updates us on it he says that it's going to be a Spawn movie without Spawn in it, no cool powers or anything... so who cares.

Except Spawn isn't a cool or interesting character.

He was popular for like two fucking minutes in the early nineties, and really only because McFarlane's art was cool and he was coming off a super popular Spider-Man run.

Simons defeated the God & Satan, who were Brothers, became God, recreated the Universe, commited suicide, and a white boi got the suit. Todd went all "Imma write a noir horror story", but it was shit, and Al came back in #250 for more shit stories that are still going on.

He blew his brains out and that ended Al's story for like 5+ years. It's focused on some other dude who's an angel or some shit until recently.

Al came back, Wanda died and went to hell, al went to hell and fought some baddies and helped send her to heaven and then (somehow) used his suit to seal heaven and hell off from earth forever.

So now the comic is a powerless Al on earth with superheroes. It's literally a generic cape comic.

Spawn got old already
Spawn becoming god was dumb too and the literal reset was too boring for me