ITT: Moments that are funny in hindsight

>I guarantee you the Avengers would never have you
Sure they won't Steve, sure they won't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder what Magneto and Wanda thought when looking back at this moment during the time they thought they were father and daughter

That word balloon placement makes it look like Scarlet Witch's pussy is speaking

Why do I find this to be hot?

At least post the whole thing.

back then, marvel writers had some integrity

>all of this shit ended up happening in 616

Probably the point of this image but still...

Bet you're regreting that now, ain't ya Jane?

>Comics were a mistake.

which cartoon was that anyway? There's been quite a lot of them

Sort of, they used to keep their cross over clusterfucks more contained. I miss the days when x-men were x-men and not every hero was a rotating avenger.

The one with A WOODEN GUN

Judging by how cartoon!Ben's drawn, it looks like the 90's one, where Johnny sang that stupid song.

no, it was this one
youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ

I think that it's more that the editors were former writers who had to work their way up the chain so they knew that their job was to be an overseer to make sure the writers stayed in line, not to be a wannabe creator that orders the most forced "profitable" story like a McDonalds hamburger.

A guy like Roy Thomas or even Jim Shooter would never say, "BOYS WOLVERINE IS TESTING THROUGH THE ROOF AND THE AVENGERS ARE OUR MOST PROFITABLE TEAM SO BASIC LOGIC DICTATES IF WE ADD WOLVERINE TO THE AVENGERS OUR SALES WILL DOUBLE ACROSS THE BOARD! GREAT! GET RIGHT ON THAT! THANKS YOU'RE DOING GREAT WORK!"

The growth of indies also hurt since that meant editors had less power to control lazy writers/artists that didn't put work in on time or put in work that needed to be re-worked

Look at the name. A secret origin?

How about things that are funny because of a lack of hindsight? Like in your quest to be more diverse you turn a monkey into black girl?

If by funny you mean ominous than sure.

There's a lot of weird ominous foresight stuff in comics. Enough to publish an entire coffee table book

Holy shit. I want a storytime of some of these just to see how accurate these are.

>House of Ideas

Self proclaimed nowadays

This.

Who has them?

That is such an awful opening.

don't tell me they've retconned THAT

which, it's important to point out, was a fucking goof riot in the first season, but DRASTICALLY improved for its second season. Ditto iron man

Got some bad news, user...

I see this posted a lot. What happened?

Pretty much. Back then everything had a sense of control and continuity because guys like Shooter knew how to tell a story, and knew how to keep writers from bullshitting and contaminating the product.

>"not an imaginary fight scene"
>"or a cop out"

kek

HOUSE OF IDEAS

I know that it's literally the point, but it makes me smile everytime

kek

Friendly reminder it was a retcon in the first place.

That label might as well have been World's Finest's official logo.

I think I saw, in another thread, something more recent where Superman says that he doesn't have a specific code against killing, but Batman does.

I read the elektra one, matt and her set off to a life in an island and he gives up being daredevil ,also frank miller did it

Okay now let me get this straight. First Magneto wasn't their dad, he was just the guy who saved them from an angry mob. Then he was their dad. Then he wasn't, Polaris was his daughter, and their real father was some interdimensional demon. And then he wasn't Polaris' father. And then he was their father, again. And then Polaris actually was his daughter.

Do I have it right?

>What If? Hulk Ross has the mustache

FUCK YOU LOEB

People sure did call each other "Mister" a lot back in the day. Or maybe that was just Claremont.

Also, was blast/ed a legitimate curse at some point or is it just an inoffensive expletive for comics in the Silver/Bronze Age?

Basically the Watcher shows up at Elektra's funeral just to tell Matt how happy he would have been if Elektra lived, and then he tells him that she was so evil that she would have died miserably anyway and he was destined to be forever alone. Which for a vow of non-interference is pretty dickish.

The wooden gun one had replaced Human Torch with Herbie the Robot because reasons.

Blast was a thing you'd say in front of your kids if you wanted to swear. "Damn and Blast!" was the R-rated version.

Specifically the Thor part

What the hell was Inferno anyways?

It popped up in a really weird issue during my Amazing Spider-Man read through.

oh man

>Super-Ego the Living Multiverse

Red Hulk is a great design without the stache and I highly doubt you were ever a fan of the Ross character

Ya know,

>lettered by Costanza
I didn't even know Costanza did work for Marvel.

>7,000,000 terabytes of power

Triggers me every fucking time

Ollie looks like so much more of a dick when you remember that Hal's Jewish.

Ssso is the joke that it was a copout after all?

This reminds me of the old saying "The only people in the comics who stay dead are Uncle Ben, Jason Todd and Bucky".

I wouldn't mind a title that has different characters casually shooting the shit. Just one book, of the Fantastic Four having a casual day, Spider-Man and Daredevil having a lunch, the Avengers Mansion living room, AIM's breakroom, etc. Just a fun little comedy book.

Tbh I prefer if people just do the Magic Reboot Trick. I.e - person is white. Oh no,a reboot event! Reality is slightly changed! And the person is suddenly black - in fact, in this canon this person was always black!

At least it avoids a lot of convoluted bullshit.

Was O'Neil responsible for the resurrection or something?

That's EXACTLY the point of the image. They ran out of ideas for new changes to status quo, so they reused succesful What-Ifs.

For the record, DC did that occasionally too - I mean, Damian Wayne started off in an Elseworlds, and concept of Flashpoint to some degree retreads JLA: The Nail.

The only thing that really gets me, even though most is bullshit, is that they are all like "Oh, you must totally be the unquestioned leader of shield. You know, Nepotism and all that bullshit"

That might've been intentional. At current point in time it's hard to tell difference in antisemitism between leftists and neonazis.
Neonazis oppose Israel because they're neonazis, and leftists oppose Israel because of Palestine (and for some reason in like 60% of cases don't understand that you can oppose politics of a country without breaking windows in your local synagogue)

I read most of them. They are nothing like in 616.

They actually make sense.

For example, in the "Spider-man clone had lived" one, they made clear that this clone only has its memory up to the point in which the Jackal took his sample to clone him, which was way earlier and made clear who was the clone.

I didn't read much of the clone saga, but I doubt that was touched on the actual 616 continuity.

Furthermore, the ending was great with both spideys teaming up to make their double life easier and defeat villains they couldn't fight alone.

Honestly a great read, really.

This is a daydream from the 80's

Stop hating on this fresh beat, Sup Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

>Spider-Felicity

>Furthermore, the ending was great with both spideys teaming up to make their double life easier and defeat villains they couldn't fight alone

Fuck I want this for 616 peter. Have these two acting like bros, each taking different jobs to help each other financially, each of them taking time off sometimes and have the other be Spiderman. Of course it won't happen though, because throwing Parker any kind of bone would be heresy unless the bone was filled with anthrax.

Once upon a time the X-men were living on an island in the bermuda triangle while the mansion was being repaired after being leveled by evil giant insects from space led by a bird lady.The little sister of Colossus wandered into a Lovecraftian temple and fell into a hell-like dimension. Eventually she escaped but she became 7 years older and learned all kinds of black magic while becoming absolute ruler of the place.

Many years later, the demons under her control try to overthrow her. They do this by forcing her to give into her evil side. Simultaneously the demons convince Cyclops' estranged wife to become their leader and sacrifice baby-Cable to open a giant portal to the hell-like dimension.

It turns out that Cyclops' estranged wife is actually a clone of Jean Grey made by a guy called Mister Sinister. His original backstory was that he was a kid that lived at the same orphanage as Cyclops but it was later decided to make him a 19th century biologists given superpowers by Apocalypse.

Anyway, eventually Colossus' little sister kills herself and leaves behind an alternate universe version of herself that never went to hell. The rest of the X-men kill Cyclops' evil wife and then beat up Mister Sinister.

The mansion ends up destroyed and the X-men go back to living in Australia.

>Okay now let me get this straight.

Sounds about right.

...I begin to believe that all comics should have a predetermined end in mind when they're started.

We aren't allowed to have nice things.

It's mostly because Muslims don't like Jews by and large and the Modern Left adores Muslims.

Barney?

do you think it sounds muffled when she's fucking?

>what if spidey had never married MJ?

JUST

This would be much better if it was canon. if you absolutely need to have all the fucking heroes know each other and be all incestous and shit at least have it be friendly

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

I didn't know that Snyder was a mummy with a glowing purple ball for a head.

you left out how one of the demons is an homage to Cerebus.

Jimmy and Robin are both dead in Batman vs. Superman

This was specifically brought up in a Deadpool issue which specifically foreshadowed Deadpool's own admission to the Avengers

It would help if the Anti-Defamation League didn't equate criticism of Israel with antisemitism at every fucking turn.

>"Oh, you must totally be the unquestioned leader of shield. You know, Nepotism and all that bullshit"
So the only thing that gets you is the one thing that never actually happened and was just made up by the person who made that macro to trigger people? Because he was never made Director of SHIELD and still to this day isn't Director of SHIELD. He's just a random SHIELD Agent.

This needs expanded on since it's actually kinda out-dated at this point. At the very least, it needs the "what if Jane Foster became Thor" What If.

Wasn't Jimmy a chick? I was hoping she'd bang Superman at some point.

They introduced Jenny Olsen in MoS, then introduce Jimmy Olsen as a CIA agent in BvS before killing him. You'd only know either of them was an Olsen from interviews as neither's full name is ever mentioned

That sounds like every Bendis book ever.

>Blaming the editors for that

I talked to Howard Mackie at a con a few months back and he more or less said everything went to shit once control moved from creative to sales. Pretty much every shitty decision from the late '80s through the '90s was from sales coming through and making demands from creative.

Things might have changed after he left Marvel, but from what I've heard from him and DeFalco and DeMatteis and some of the other writers of that era, it was the sales department that was making demands rather than editors trying to speculate what sold well.

>Marvel events
>heroes fight villains

>Red Hulk is a great design without the stache

>The Hulk! But a DIFFERENT COLOR FROM A STOP LIGHT!

Come on, you aren't even trying. Red Hulk only doesn't have a mustache because Loeb wanted to string people along with a dumb identity mystery for like a year.

>from what I've heard from him and DeFalco and DeMatteis and some of the other writers of that era, it was the sales department that was making demands rather than editors trying to speculate what sold well.

As the editor in chief through a solid chunk of that time, that state of affairs must have been really disheartening to DeFalco.

Well they got one right.

The saying should be "The only people who stay dead in comics are the ones who died to inspire the hero."