So, just as a question alone. What is it with Cartoon Network overusing this animation style...

So, just as a question alone. What is it with Cartoon Network overusing this animation style? Was it intentionally envisioned by the creators or are they just lazy and decide to only stick with one animation studio or style?

1) That's art, not animation
2) This is CN's Hartman/klasky csupo era, they have a few creators making several series.

Sorry, I meant to say art style. And I guess animation counts too.

Noodle elbows has been a thing for a long time

but that picture is closer to Star vs than actual CN house style. That CN style you are talking about got popular with the flintstones because it was cheap to make and looked "decent". They kept using it over the years, because it was so cheap. Some talented artist managed to make it look good and all too.

Cheaper and easier, you don't need to waste quality on kids, they're stupid!

>you don't need to waste quality on kids
The food industry can't afford this benefit.

It's a frequent thing we're just getting all hyped on because it's more noticable that they chose an animation to stick with. We saw it with Hanna-Barbera (Scooby Doo, Jabberjaw, Josie and the Pussy Cats, Johnny Quest, Addams Family, etc etc) and we saw it with Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, PPG)

It's cheap, its effective, they've shown their skilled and the style is popular so you wanna milk that cash cow for all its got before you're FORCED to find something "Nuw" and "Oranje-a-nool"

It's a fact that kids prefer simpler shapes and bright colours though, so the fundamental is good.

You could have posted Steamboat Willie or Felix the Cat.

As a kid, didn't you notice a difference between for example a Don Bluth film and your average GI Joe episode? Fluid beautiful animation always stuck out and appealed more to me, even before I had the words to articulate that.

Except that Tartakovsky's art is actually really solid and plus, those were really the only three shows that used that artstyle if that's what you're talking about. We had EEnE, Courage, Cow and Chicken and probably some others I can't seem to remember. But yeah, CN back then had a really diverse pool of talented animators and art directors too.

That is subjective to the director however.

>As a kid, didn't you notice a difference between for example a Don Bluth film and your average GI Joe episode?
No. Bluth movies where boring. GiJoe had lasers and was infinitely better in my kid eyes. I hate adults like you that rewrite their childhood because they see it as embarrassing and not socially rewarding.

Why did the early 2000s overuse that flat blocky thick outline style?
>2016
>Sup Forums STILL doesn't understand the concept of art style trends

What A Cartoon show built that fucking network when all they had were HB reruns and shit movies.

Lol k

>early 2000s
are you retarded? shit was a staple since the 60s and never left.

Animation trends have existed for a very long time and the only reason it's suddenly seeming like a new thing is because you're older.

>I had shit taste therefore you're just a bitter old man telling me what to do

Nice argument.

>it's really solid
Not even. It's shit.
>only three shows
Too many shows used it, and some still use it. Fairly Odd Parents uses the exact same art style, Two Stupid Dogs...

No you're retarded. The style became popular, distinctive and predominant in the early 2000s even though it showed up earlier.

Probably because that's the style the latest generation of animators prefer.

You don't know what style I'm talking about do you.

Different user, if you mean "PPG" style, than yes, it's "been" a thing in the past, and became "more popular" in the 2000s because it was the starting point of "digital" era of cartoons. Not as advanced as now, but being more efficient to do compared to the 90s and before, it became more favorable to do without too much time and effort.