Wet Moon - Is it shit, or is it me?

Finished off the current run of WetMoon and ... who the fuck is this comic aimed at?

The art seems to swing from really fucking nice to "the fuck are backgrounds?" levels of lazy.

All the characters seem like fucking twats, and the only one I want to know about is the tiny one with one arm missing and fucked up kidney whose in like 2 issues.

The hell is the story meant to be? It seems to be trying slice of life, then there's a giant fucking pig running about, a superhero / masked vigilante, one of them has a ghost as a room mate.

How the fuck did everyone get so fucking fat. Issue one people are fairly normal ish sized. By the current issue one girl has ballooned to gigantic size. I didn't know it was the same fucking character.

Why the fuck does this get such a good write up?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/search/subject/storytime wet moon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>who the fuck is this comic aimed at?
Girls who are pissed off at their dad

>One armed girl

Fern? She's bae, but yes, Wet Moon is boring as shit and she's the only really interesting part about it and that's only 'cus she's mysterious. If we saw more of her that may disappear, just because of how lacklustre Campbell's story telling is.

Ross' work has sucked post-Alopex.

DID SOMEONE SAY MOON OVER JUNE??

OP, can I tell you a secret?
Despite what most indiefags might tell you, all of the "semi-autobiographical coming of age stories with also a heavy use of surrealist imagery" stories are all terrible, only Will Eisner was the only one that did them right. If you want that kind of story, stick non-english comics.

>who the fuck is this comic aimed at?

>fat black lesbian she-thing with an undercut
Every time.

No, it's shit. It's aimed at bitchy fatties who want to convince themselves their lives make sense, also what said.

Yeah the story is shit, it's generic scene girl nonsense. I picked up the first of the remastered volumes and it had some really nice silent sequences, but anytime it was actually trying to have a story it was nonsense. Plus some of the expressions was just off like dead fish stares, and the little action in the book was awful I mean what was with that tit punch?

Yeah his art's just gross, especially in the first books he seems to be going all out to make shit look disgusting. Had an ex once who liked the comic, when I found that out was when I realized we wouldn't work out. I don't mean I dumped her right there over the comic, but realizing she was a person this trash resonated with, man...

*tips fedora

It's made to appeal to muh dik.
>fat goth Dykes with septum and other piercings
Hot damn my dick was sore reading this

It's a deviantart comic from like ten years ago man.

It was like every other deviantart comic, self-indulgent and aimless.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the point is, not every deviantart comic's going to be Lack A Daisy.

Why is she so piglike?

Because WOMEN CAN'T BE BALD

This was storytimed recently. The census is it's comic where nothing happens, and most of the cast are self absorbed cunts. Everyone agrees Chloe is worst girl.

desustorage.org/co/search/subject/storytime wet moon/

Is Sophie pissed at her dad? Nobody is surprise if it's related to trannies.

That's the author. The actual book is devoid of trannies, and full of Campbell's body modification fetishes. Admittedly, Campbell's body modification fetishes might be related to Campbell's MtF status.

There's also piercings, tattoos, and deformities.

Wait, he's a trongo? That... seems to explain so much, now.

It's aimed at my wee wee because I want to plow the freckled girl. Shame she got shanked as fuck.

>and the little action in the book was awful I mean what was with that tit punch?

I know what your talking about. It's this scene right?

It's bad because Cleo eats it.

God damn, that is some bad art. It looks like she just pokes her in the chest, there's no sense of movement or dynamism at all. Fuck man.

Nowadays Ross goes by the name, Sophie. Current work is the Jem comic.

Picture is of Campbell.

Yeah that punch is so fucking static, it's really amateurish. The expressions, the impact, it's all just awful.

Cambell seems to have improved, outside her super bbw fetish, because I do like what I've seen of her more recent art. This shit though is just embarrassing, almost as embarrassing as putting NiN lyrics on the chapter pages.

This is the same artist who did Glory?

>drawing conclusions about someone's personality based on the stories they identify with is fedoratipping
Hmm, this seems pretty similar to bait.

Wiki says yes. The picture I posted is from 2004/2005.

Wait, that's a punch?
I thought she was pulling her top down.

Sophie Campbell eats it

Judging from the character's reaction, it's suppose to be a punch.

That never went anywhere, just like everything else in the book.

There is not a single person in any of these panels who doesn't look like they'd be a terrible person to be around.

I mean like every single person on panel just looks completely insufferable. Do people actually dress like that? Does nobody tell them they look like fucking jackasses?

Their appearances fits their personalities. Because mostly everyone was a self absorbed cunt. Even the children were insufferable.

I like Campbell's artwork almost all of the time and I do think that more different bodies in comics can be a good thing. I really like the IDW TMNT stuff she has done and I've only seen a little off the other stuff she has worked on but I'm not sure if it really speaks to me enough to read it all. So I like her art but I don't know if I've read anything written by her besides her SotO fan comic which I do like, but that is once again related to TMNT.

Wow these two are terrible baby sitters.

It got worse.

Another favorite moment of stupidity. The pregnant lady gets drunk, and nobody stops her.

I haven't read it, but Ross/Sophie's style changed in the middle of it and it's unsettling for most readers, she got a lot of flack.

I've only read The Abandoned, which was awesome.

They vary in quality, but most of them are more interesting than predictable mainstream shit.

I actually wish Sophie didn't change her name. Ross can be a girl's name too, and "Ross Campbell" sounds cooler.

I never thought I'd see lips fishier than Empowered, but here I am.

It's a shame about that black chick's Firestarter hair because that dress is hot as fuck

I said this hundred times, but Wet Moon is not worth it unless you have Campbell's body modification, deformity, chubby, black, or dyke fetishes.

Literally nothing happens until the last minute. Near all the characters are insufferable, vapid narcissists. The shift in art style makes it painful to look any character in the face. Author has garbage fetishes. Best girl is nearly murdered by some yandere and sent to the fucking hospital although being the only human left in the story.

But what really gets to me. For some fucking reason.
I'm still here.

I knew I recognized those lips from somewhere

Holy shit, freckles got hot, like big time.

Holy shit this kid is my hero

Here's the deformed rich girl's introduction after the tit punch scene.

Look at what she's wearing.

This is some hellraiser shit

Not gonna lie, that's pretty damn hot.

Even if she had good hair she still would have been shit tier. The only one who was really tolerable was the lesbo black girl who turned into a whale.

Serious Question:
Will Sophie Campbell sign my copy of "The Abandoned" by Ross Campbell?

snowflake content for snowflake consumers

and a couple of random bystanders

Her only purpose is to be mysterious, and do strange things.

>and a couple of random bystanders

I can't believe I read all of it. 6 volumes of fucking nothing happening until the last page cliffhanger.

Are those supposed to be like magnetic rings that are constantly trying to connect?
Because that is totally what I'm seeing.

No I think they're just standard piercings. Well standard in the sense that there's nothing special about the rings.

Well I would fuck her.
Reminds me of dren.

This art makes me want to throw up.

Your experience was not in vain, user. I won't make your mistake.

I don't know, but I would think so? But she'll sign it as Sophie Campbell.

I guess once Ross Campbell...

Became Sophie Campbell I guess the comic changed to reflect that.

I mean if you had to choose between balding aging white man writing about cute teenage girls and putting on a wig and calling yourself Sophie...

There are parts worth reading, the parts without dialogue. Dohohoho.

Seriously though Campbell is good at timing and pacing silent parts.
They should make a documentary about them and call it Sophie's Choice.

This thread makes me wonder how Templar, Arizona is doing for some reason

Updating once a year while the author champions her "frugal lifestyle" book?

I came while imaging myself plowing fat goths in the ass. That's about all I can say about wet moon. If that's not your thing I can't recommend it.

Becky Cloonan had a cameo in this.

Has anyone read Shadoweyes by Campbell? What happened to it?