Why are Russians so bad at making movies?

Why are Russians so bad at making movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.vice.com/story/72-russians-have-died-this-week-from-drinking-bath-oil-because-they-couldnt-afford-real-alcohol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

:)

What problems did you have with STALKER?

Why did you even make this thread?
Fucking hell, this is awful

t.russian

t.Russian #2

No quips
No action
CGI sucks shit
No bad guy
No PoC representation

>russia
>PoC
uhhh, user...

Communism

You're right it usually has slavs.

>This was OP's endgame
>Shitpost
>get called out
>hurr durr t. russian
ffs get a life

To be fair, he's not the only one pulling this shit nowadays

t. nigger

The ending was such a disappointment. I thought they be able to do god like things and be kings of the realm. Tarkovsky doesn't know how to entertain the viewer per shit.

t.slav nigger trash

You want to see a TRUE Russian kino? Watch "Green Elephant".

A dude walks into a bar. Bartender puts a glass of water in front of him, without a single word. Everyone in the bar goes silent.
The dude stares on the glass, then looks out of the window for 10 minutes, then lays on the floor for 20 minutes. After this the dude gets up and walks away.
Bartender watches him leaving.
- I told you guys, Tarkovsky is genius.

This. Anyone could make a film as boring as Tarkovsky. Long drawn out scenes aren't artsy they are pretentious.

Give me a camera and I will film mundane shit for two hours and it will still be more interesting than Tarkovsky

There are a lot of great Russian kinos but Stalker is literally shit.

theyre chronic alcoholics.
they'll drink anything. ie:
news.vice.com/story/72-russians-have-died-this-week-from-drinking-bath-oil-because-they-couldnt-afford-real-alcohol

> lot of great Russian kinos
Just go away, fucking snownigger.

Я cлeвa.

Yeah sure, how can we even compete.

>implying FF8 is not funkino

You didn't pay attention, did you?

>A 2014 survey found that the average Russian drank 20 liters of vodka a year

That's one of these big water bottles.
Am I an alcoholic if that doesn't seem like very much for AN ENTIRE YEAR?

Directors fault for making it so pseudo intellectual not mine.

Yeah, that's not a lot. You can easily drink 1 litre alone on a weekend and it's not even a big deal.

i probably drink 20-30 litres of vodka a year lol

>1 litre alone on a weekend and it's not even a big deal
Do you want to talk about your crippling alcoholism, buddy?

not even much

i can drink a litre or so on a weekend

1/4-1/2 of a litre pre drinking before going out, another half or so throughout the night

To me vodka isn't really a social drink. I used to use it to drown my sorrows alone.

In Russia it's like the French and their wine.

i use it to get drunk, i exclusively drink whiskey and vodka, dont like beer, not HUGE on wine, other spirits arent as enjoyable for me.

i get what you mean, i drink that much in large groups to get drunk for a night out

meanwhile russians just drink vodka regularly to forget or because its habit

russia is fucking bleak

>russia is fucking bleak
Are you saying that this is bleak?

1 litre of vodka is just two evenings of light drinking. That's a normal weekend for most people.

>I-I just drink because I enjoy it!
>i-it's the other people who are alcoholics, boy are they a sad bunch!!
The first step is accepting that you're an alcoholic, brother

nah i like to get wasted when going out, i just happen to go out reguarly

fpbp

Same thing here bro, I just like to drink when it gets dark outside. Sun just happens to go down every 24 hours, but that's not my problem

>that pure hell waiting for the sun to start setting so you can finally start drinking again

>Sokurov
>Eisenstein
>Vertov
>bad

>not getting lit during the day anyways

sort it out

It's hard, when you already have the best art, classical music, plays, and literature.

>old dusty """classic""" shit
Get the fuck out, Ivan.

Stalker sucks and Solaris sucks even more. Ivan Vasilevich or whatever it's called wasn't even slightly funny.

This is the only good Russian movie I've seen.

whats this?

MT fag here. I had my drunk science down with a liter of Potter's $8.95. Just enough left in the bottle to get enough nerve to face the liquor store dude.

Any thing that isn't beer or wine has to be sold out of a MT state liqour store. 1 per county if it's not too populated. Very bleak Winters like the other user was saying.

>AVERAGE
Meaning that anyone of drinking age is averaged into that. So there are some people who don't drink any vodka in a year, meaning some are drinking 2-3x that or more.

A better number would be the median number of liters drank, as you'll eliminate some of the lower extremes

Define your life by some other measure, you're drinking too much.