Where did Zemo get the hunch that Bucky killed Tony's parents, and know to go after him to get answers...

Where did Zemo get the hunch that Bucky killed Tony's parents, and know to go after him to get answers? Why did he have to make them go to that bunker? Couldn't he have just emailed Tony that video? Why is his plan so convoluted?

He's a schemer. Convoluted keikaku are the bread and butter of that archetype.

He actually tell it when he torture the info out of that Russian soldire: when They released all the secret SHIELD/Hydra info in Winter Soldier, some of them where still released encrypted.

He managed to decrypt some of them and this is how he found out hhis info.

From all the declassified SHIELD/HYDRA info Black Widow dumped on the internet in Winter Soldier. They tell you word for word.

I think that the video was just a thing he found in the bunker, his main plan was to get the Avengers to be divided, and to be seen divided.

He was a Sokovian intelligence officer. I'm sure he was privy to a lot of information most aren't

He had to go to the bunker no matter what, that's where the camera footage of the Start assassination was stored.

But Cap was hot on his trail so he didn't have enough time to get it, and flee in his snow mobile.

Now that you say that I do remember that part, whoops.

Ok I didn't realize that the video was stored there. I thought he got it elsewhere once he got the info from Bucky

I was wondering this mysel, it is stated that Zero obtained the information from the HYDRA leak in TWS, how did he obtain it so qiickly? He sinply "has experience with these thing". Wich I find as ludicrouse, even IF he correlated a date with each of the avengers lives, decrying and extrapolating would take longer. (One would hope) I think, that the women in the beginning is a ploy placed by the secretary of state....that's right....

>Theodore "thunderbold" Ross
>"works for state department
>provides INITIAL skis material to Stark.

Me again, would type out Roses Keikaku, but on mobile, so fuck that

Yeah. Right before he kills the winter übermensch, he is shown going through some Soviet boxes and found the archived one with the 1991 date on it, presumed to be the proof

He was an intelligence officer and the commander of a covert paramilitary unit. He legitimately does have a lifetime of experience in this world. Is it really that baffling to you that an elite intelligence officer would be able to find this information over the course of a year?

I thought of a hole bunch of headconnon esq shit after the movie, if I'm not lazy I'll type it out and post about it when I get home from work. I get that it makes sense the way it was presented, especially with Zemo. My favorite Cap villian doe pretty well.

>Where did Zemo get the hunch that Bucky killed Tony's parents, and know to go after him to get answers?
Black Widow's SHIELD/HYDRA leak from the end of Winter Soldier. He says this in the first scene he appears in.

>Why did he have to make them go to that bunker?
He was going to the bunker to get the tape. He didn't NEED for them to show up at the bunker as he could have showed Tony the tape at a later date, but getting them to the bunker was the quickest and most efficient way of doing this.

>Couldn't he have just emailed Tony that video?
Yes, which is likely what he would have done had they not shown up.

>Why is his plan so convoluted?
It's really not that convoluted. It's pretty straight forward really.

I feel like they explain some of the wonky shit in this movie but it does a bad job of making you remember why they happened

he asked for the mission report by date prior to getting to the bunker. he learned of i by decrypting the info dump.

I have a separate "I don't get it" question.

Does T'Challa have diplomatic immunity or something? His father was FOR the accords, but T'Challa clearly isn't, since he operates unilaterally? As far as the UN is concerned, is Black Panther an official agent/asset of Wakanda/he's not 'an Avenger' so it's a different thing?

He gets an office instead of a cell initially, so I imagine he's treated differently for being a head of state, but if he's out flagrantly ignoring UN oversight and sancation, won't Wakanda be THE FIRST place they look for Bucky and Cap?

Speaking of, did they ever explain what it was he needed from Bucky? He asked him something about the Siberian base, but it just seemed like all the information he needed was in the book.

He's not an avenger, the acords apply soley to the avengers. And yes, he probably has immunity.

He agreed to play ball with Ross after the initial fight with Winter Solider. Cap would have been treated the same had he just signed the accords and agreed to work for Ross.

He found out from the files where the video was.

He extracted from buck the exact location

How dumb really you?

It turned convoluted when the Russian coronel didn't gave out the information at the beginning of the movie.

I don't think he knew where the base was.

He needed the location of the base.

Zemo's plan seems fine, but it does rely a lot on the existence of the Accords and the ideological split between Tony and Cap on the issue.

Had the accords never come into existence, Zemo's plan would basically just be framing Bucky for murder, waiting until he's caught to question him, and hoping the video itself would be enough to splinter the Avengers