Based Ewing saving us from Bendis

Based Ewing saving us from Bendis

Other urls found in this thread:

blastr.com/2016-5-9/marvel-comics-al-ewing-what-expect-inhuman-heart-civil-war-ii
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much Civil War 2 shit is there going to be.

I have a bias, I hate Bendis and dislike inhumans but I love Ewing.

All books will tie-in. Gotta combat that pesky Rebirth.

I wonder how much inhuman plans were scrapped when marvel cancelled the movie.

Fixed

Gross

There's TWO civil wars?

Yes, they made CW2 up in five seconds so they could sell 700k the month the movie comes out.

Tell me about it.
Because you asked for it, true believer!

Nice

>Ewing writing the Inhumans
Now this is something I can get behind. Someone needs to save them from being X-men-lite. There's decades of Inhumans lore that have gone completely untouched and ignored since Marvel started pushing them in the past few years.

Maelstrom hasn't appeared once despite being the Inhumans' strongest villain. Luna's only appearance was in All-new X-factor and Crystal hasn't talked about her at all in All-new Inhumans. The Universal Inhumans were completely forgotten and written out.

Not all. Just most. The X-men books are still going to be stuck in Apocalypse War for most of it, which is why they're getting a Civil War II tie-in mini. Same with Amazing Spider-man, where the main book isn't tie-ing in so he's just getting a tie-in mini.

Finally Ewing on Inhumans. This cover looks rapey as hell.

Yeah, didn't mean literally. Carnage and Moon Girl or whatever, they obviously won't be tied in.
Didn't know for Amazing Spidey getting tie-in mini. Greedy Marvel.

>blastr.com/2016-5-9/marvel-comics-al-ewing-what-expect-inhuman-heart-civil-war-ii

What can you tell us about Ulysses?

Ewing: What I can tell you is that he's a new member of the Inhumans, who come in two flavors -- the Cool Ranch Inhumans, who lived for centuries in a hidden city and gained their powers from some sacred super-mists that they partook of at a young age, and the New Zesty Nacho Cheese Inhumans, or "NuHumans," who are seemingly normal humans who secretly have the Inhuman gene and get weird powers out of nowhere after they're hit with a giant roving cloud of said super-mists, which have been roaming the Earth since someone broke the aforementioned hidden city.

Ulysses is one of the latter ones. He's just a normal college guy, not the super-hero type, who gets hit with the mists and wakes up with a power that could shake the whole Marvel Universe -- the power to predict the future.

How much of an effect does Ulysses have on Civil War II?

Ewing: He's the cause of it all! Essentially, the war is over whether or not the heroes should be using his powers, and what for.

But in order to even get to that part, he has to learn how to use his abilities, which is where our Infinite Comic comes in. It's a prequel of sorts; we're following Ulysses as he's taken to the Tower of Wisdom -- a sort of Inhuman temple of learning, for want of a better term -- to be trained by Karnak, whose Inhuman ability is to see the flaw in all things. Karnak's training methods might be more than Ulysses can handle, though.

How does Civil War II differ from the original?

Ewing: The original Civil War was a fairly simple choice -- either obey the Superhuman Registration Act or rebel against it -- with one side pitted against the other. The two sides in this new one are much murkier -- there are all sorts of gradations and moral mazes involved.

We get a little taste of that in the Infinite Comic -- if you see something bad coming, how far are you prepared to go to stop it? Thanks to Karnak's machinations, Ulysses has to ask that question of himself long before anyone else.

What can fans look forward to in the Ulysses series?

Ewing: I'm pretty sure fans of Karnak will enjoy this -- he gets some good moments, and we get to see inside the recesses of the Tower of Wisdom. And hopefully this series will satisfy anyone who wants to know how Ulysses learns how to use his strange powers in time for Civil War #1.

Plus we have the awesome Karl Kesel on storyboard duty -- one of the industry's true greats -- and he's got a lot of experience with this relatively new way of making comics, and all kinds of amazing ideas about how to push things forward in terms of storytelling. I might have a few ideas in that direction myself, too. So people who like Infinite Comics -- or just comics in general -- will get a big kick out of this series.

Wasn't the first one bad enough?

Oh fuck me

CW is selling really well in trades, apparently.
Oh, who am I kidding. They're doing fast movie title cashgrab.

francavilla isn't wasted on interiors for this is he

He is

>Karnak, whose Inhuman ability
>inhuman ability
I hope that was a slip up, Karnak's powers being the result Inhuman genetics is the worse canon.

It's likely that Slott just didn't want to have anything to do with it. Gage is writing the tie-in, and Gage writes any Spidey story that Slott doesn't feel like writing himself.

I'm sure it was either a slip-up or just an attempt to bypass actually explaining Karnak's abilities

>which is where our Infinite Comic comes in
Oh, it's an infinite comic? Welp, there goes any chance of it being storytimed. Oh well.

no?
I mean, hes not doing the interiors if thats what you mean.

Sorry user, but it's canon. He unlocked his Inhuman abilities through training even though he wasn't exposed to the Mists

>CW is selling really well in trades, apparently.
Its been one of Marvel's top 5 highest selling trades for the past decade.

Yeah, that's been the case since at least the Inhumans Graphic Novel.

He can do it with a funny concept like the american kaiju! XDDDD

But why
For what purpose

It's casual bait of the highest order and always has been.

That hasn't been a thing for a long time and is not the case in his ongoing. Almost everything in that got dropped, like Ahura having voice powers.

It has been a thing, it's been brought up in several stories as well as the latest Handbook. Otherwise Karnak would have gained different powers when exposed to the Terrigen Bomb, nothing happened, which proves he already had Inhuman powers.

>What I can tell you is that he's a new member of the Inhumans, who come in two flavors -- the Cool Ranch Inhumans, who lived for centuries in a hidden city and gained their powers from some sacred super-mists that they partook of at a young age, and the New Zesty Nacho Cheese Inhumans, or "NuHumans," who are seemingly normal humans who secretly have the Inhuman gene and get weird powers out of nowhere after they're hit with a giant roving cloud of said super-mists, which have been roaming the Earth since someone broke the aforementioned hidden city.
Thank fuck somebody is going to tackle this properly.

What is an infinite comic pray tell kind user and why can it not be storytimed?

Theres other precogs in marvel, why hasnt this been an issue before?

Because this time, it's written by Bendis

Bendis claimed there is something more to it but I doubt it is anything substantial.

I like to read this as Black Bolt actually being on her side but she completely misread him. I actually like to do that with all of their interactions because I like to imagine Black Bolt just being really resigned to his wife dramatically getting the wrong end of the stick every time she asks his opinion.

It's a digital first comic where the panelling is done in such a way as to be optimized for reading on a tablet. Where rather than a full page with multiple panels, it'll be one large panel that take sup the full screen, and when you swipe, it'll get slight changes. Like one page being a panel of a character walking into a scene, then the next page being that same panel but the character now having their mouth open with a word bubble, then the next page being that same panel again with a seperate character responding to them and the original character's expression slightly changing.

The problem with this is that the non-traditional format means that there are, like, 100+ individual pages for a single issue, making it extremely taxing to storytime and even if you do, the effect of going from one panel to the next with slight changes only works if you're swiping them for immediate effect. In a storytime, you'd be reading them one after another scrolling vertically, so that effect is lost and it just comes off as shitty.

Infinite Comics are actually pretty cool, but they're near impossible to properly storytime.

Now, marvel DOES put out physical versions where the comic is partially redone in a normal format, but these versions never get released digitally (since if you're buying digital, they'd want you to get the infinite comic version instead), and since the current comic piracy scene pretty much never does physical scanning anymore as they all just rip them from digital copies, this means that the physical/storytimable versions never get scanned.

There's a lot of pretty good infinite comics that go un-storytimed for this reason. There's one user that has been turning them into .webms, and god bless him for the effort, but even that is pretty shitty since you can't control the speed of the .webm, and having to open it up in a new tab and just pausing everytime the page turns so you can make sure you read everything is tedious and not worth it.

I think the only thing I've ever read like this is Ketchup Ninja. Why is it called an infinite comic?

>Why is it called an infinite comic?
That's just the term Marvel uses for them.

Because it's part of the Marvel: Infinite line.
I think though I'm not sure it may have been christened this sometime around when Infinity came out.

Black Bolt and Medusa should learn sign language

Fair enough. I didn't personally mind reading this image by image with Ketchup Ninja, and I never read on a tablet, so I can see myself pirating it.

Come to think of it a lot of Korean webtoons are similar.

The first Infinite Comic that I remember was an AvX tie-in about Phoenixclops going to the moon and creating a Jean construct for him to talk to.

>since the current comic piracy scene pretty much never does physical scanning anymore as they all just rip them from digital copies

I miss the old cover to cover days. Those were dedicated pirates, committed to making a digital version of every damn comic ever.

Ewing is the hero Marvel needs but doesn't deserve.

Who's the middle dude between fuccboi and Medusa?

Karnak in his current ninja hobo costume.

Karnak.

They work on YouTube just fine. It's how I read Deadpool's Gauntlet arc

Huh, he looks way older than normal. Thanks guys.

Karnak, it seems he will be the one mentoring Uylsses.

Dying has aged him apparently.

user, have you actually read any of his work or are you just a meme loving shitposter?

Given that for years her official role was basically to speak for him, I feel like she gets the gist most of the time.

Otherwise Medusa has been defacto ruler of the Inhumans for years, and Blackagon is just too spaghetti to confront her on it.

Casuals loved it but to be fair so did Sup Forums when it first came out.

That would be pretty funny

daily reminder that Mystique fucked with a shapeshifted futa cock a woman with the same superpower of Homer and it didnt cause a Civil War, and there has already been a story arc about people fightig over the diaries of Destiny with predictions of the future.

I definitely agree with you. There's so much Inhumans lore that Ewing would have a field day with. I'm glad Marvel is finally realizing that they have a good writer and using that well. Meanwhile, Bendis and Slott are still flagshipping Marvel.

>Ewing
>Discount Gillen

why do people like the guy, he's just like a black hipster and his Loki run isn't as good as JiM

>Ewing
>Black
user.

They should get the black girl from Worst X-Men ever to fix everything
or even Kobiak from Standoff
or like Franklin
or like any of the reality shifters
give Sentry some luvin

he wishes

>so did Sup Forums when it first came out.

Lies and hogwash.
Old Sup Forums thought it was dumb as shit.

Yeah, but the Destiny Diaries was X-Treme X-Men, and just try finding someone who cares about that nowadays.

Three Infinite Comic issues will be released in June and July, with the print one-shot in August.

Jefte Palo will draw the pages.

>Infinite Comic
>storytime
>extremely taxing
I manage to storytime Infinite Comics by using Photoshop. I break down the pages based on art consistency.

>There's one user that has been turnong into .webms
That's me, and WEBMS were used for my first Infinite Comic storytime, not the subsequent ones. Hell I put up a fucking guide to make the experience easier.

Thanks for your efforts my man.

No problem. I will not storytime that stupid event and its tie-ins but that Infinite Comic, which will be done if #3 comes out.