>Captain America: You got heart, kid. Where're you from?

>Captain America: You got heart, kid. Where're you from?
>Spider-Man: Uh, queens.
>Captain America: Heh. Brooklyn.

Know who else said they were from queens?

youtu.be/V4C7IAmiUgs?t=42

How could you possibly need further proof that the Russos have this shit handled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VrhJiD3AEg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hasn't he always been from Queens though?

Spider-Man has always been from Queens. This is just a happy coincidence.

who else?
i cant watch the video

Of course, but the "Where're you from?" - "Queens" exchange also happened with one of the most influential people in Cap's life.

Erskine, the scientist

Man, the first half of Cap 1 is such a perfect Cap movie. Then it just kind of falls apart as soon as he rescues all the POWS.

It's the first two acts.
Act 1 - Learn to love Steve Rogers
Act 2 - Star Spangled Man, sneaking mission, based howling Commandos
Act 3 - we ran out of stuff for Cap to do so here's a montage and uhhh he's in the ice

Luckily the last scene was GOAT.
>You gonna be okay?
>Yeah... yeah, just.... I had a date.

Steve said himself he was from Queens when he was lying to get into the army to the german doctor that gave him the Super Soldier Formula.
The "heh" expression he muttered when Spidey said he was from Queens it's like he remembered that moment.

that's not correct but whatever

It pissed me off a bit they just lived in a shitty apartment instead of an actual home in Forest Hills.

Are you me, OP? Because I was watching the First Avenger on FX the other night and noticed this, and I thought about bringing it up but figured it's nothing. I would even has said
>Know who else was from Queens?

Back in 1962 a blue collar income family could afford to live in a house. Now, though, the best they could afford is an apartment. It's more realistic that Peter lives in a shitty little apartment since he and May are poor as fuck.

Why would Spider-Man tell his enemy where he's from? I mean, obviously Cap isn't going to come bursting through Aunt May's window and force her to finish the Lord's Prayer, but he could still make shit rough for Peter.

The Russos said that it makes no sense for a broke-ass woman and her nephew to live in as nice of a place as they had in the other movies.

>Cap waiting outside Peter's school in his hat and sunglasses to knock over Peter and steal his lunch money
Kek

It's fucking Captain America.
He's not gonna come around and beat up Peter after this fight.

The only reason they're "fighting" is essentially to stop Team Cap from getting into the Quinjet. They're not really "enemies" with each other

Because it's Captain Goddamn America.

>force her to finish the Lord's prayer
W-what does that mean, user?

Take that line of thinking and extend it what I'm saying.

What if Cap had been concerned about Peter getting involved and contacted his Aunt May?

youtube.com/watch?v=VrhJiD3AEg4

I understand they probably had that as the last scene of the film proper for lesser minded people, but part of me thinks that would've worked better as the after credits scene.

Cap should have been concerned that a 16yr old was recruited by a man who's trying to get him to follow the law and is using him to fight a super soldier, a man with a hightech flight pack equipped with guns and missiles, a highly trained spy armed with a bow and arrow-some of which explode-, a fucking assassin!, and a woman with powers no one really understands.

I don't necessarily think that Cap would have bothered though.

I mean, as it stands now he's kind of "off the grid". Even if he didn't, as far as we can tell, Tony is the only one who actually knew about him. They may see reports of Spidey, but no one else bothered to pursue him. And going off what he said, Cap only has the knowledge he's in "Queens". He doesn't have a name and there's nearly 2 and a half million people in Queens so he's not gonna go door knocking.

Tony might not have any "logs" or anything that Cap or any other team could search through to find any information on Peter or Spider-man.

Cap, who disobeyed all authority and his own best friend to join the military? Nah, I don't think so.

Fuck off, it's the most realistic living situation he's been in so far.

Well the scholarship/grant/whatever is enough of a paper trail. I think anyone whi knows Tony would know that he would buy loyalty in the most literal sense. Then factor that most recipients of Tony's bug new grant are from MIT and you'd easily be able to track down that kid from Queens

Remember the other line the Russos lifted from "The First Avenger"?
Right at the end of the final fight, "I can do this all day."
Those guys are great.

Doesn't he also say it in Winter Soldier?

Well, Tony Stark soon to be his benefactor/Aunt May sleeping pillow. His predicament will change.

>disobeyed authority
>to join the military
genius

Tony stated he'd got a grant, but never really produced any evidence that he actually gave the money to Peter. He could just be funneling it into Aunt Bae's account, but we don't know if Tony actually gave any money whatsoever to Peter besides making him the suit.

The military told him not to join, as did Bucky. Then, when he did get in, he disobeyed and went on an unauthorized mission to save the troops.

Cap's as anti-authority as they come.

Parker Tower when?

>But it's not realistic!

It is though. Ben financially kept the home and then Aunt May and Peter struggled to keep it and persevered through adversity. It's a part of their character.

Cap's not anti-authority, he's just well aware that the authority can be wrong.

God damn I fucking love the first Cap movie. I understand its faults but there's too much I love for me to not like it.

The thing about that movie is all the really flawed stuff comes from them just tossing out the second half because he had to be in the ice at the end.

It was the same fault that hit Thor in my opinion. Thor had to get the trapped on earth shit over with so Avengers didn't have to deal with it.

Perhaps, in next 10 years? He is now only 16 years old. Even that Zuckeberg needs to go to ivy league first and enduring 5 more years to build his empire as it is today.

That's what anti-authority is. It's trusting your own sense of right and wrong over the color of authority.

No one rebels against authority they agree with.

Never. He keeps fucking up-- scholastically, professionally, personally. He squanders every opportunity and every second chance at happiness. He doesn't win in the end and it never gets better and even the people who love him are disappointed with him deep down.

That's Spider-Man. He will never put his own success or happiness first-- because he did it once and will never forgive himself-- and no one who respects or loves him will ever understand why someone with so much potential always lets himself and everyone else down

That's the point of the character. He is a universally disrespected, unsung, unnoticed hero. Anyone who deviates from that character core for more than a few moments is masturbating about their own teenage power fantasies and not writing actual Spider-Man.

Captain America part aside, Pete's a 15 year old kid who makes dumb mistakes. He just responded without thinking of the repercussions. Now it's Cap so the whole point is moot. But I could even see Spidey saying where he's from when a villain asks.

>tfw my new wife's nephew keeps making me name new buildings after him
>tfw my new wife's nephew can put me in a chokehold and noogie me and I can't do anything about it

>be in a brooklyn theater
>line pops up
>audience literally can not stop making noise for the next 5 minutes
it was annoying and awesome

>small fanservice makes up for a completely retarded narrative
Whatever pleases you, I guess.

user you need to get buff

What the fuck could Cap do to Peter anyway? Peter could rip Cap in half effortlessly.

He operates in Queens. All Spider-Man sightings are in Queens. Spider-Man is a Queens thing. Even if he didn't say anything, it wouldn't take a genius to know where Spider-Man lives.

And? It doesn't look like Cap has ever even heard of Spidey.

Steve needs to stop telling everyone he's from Brooklyn. He did it like 3 times in this movie alone.

>"Hey Cap. Spider-Man, big fan."

Literally all he'd have to do is look up spider-people sightings on Youtube and bam.

It's better on repeated viewings.

>his enemy
>CAPTAIN AMERICA
Didn't Spidey call him "sir" right after snatching the shield from him, or did he just say that he was a really big fan?

It seems like every Brooklyn theater went nuts at that line.

'sup Quesadilla?

FINISH IT

The ending made up for it. But yeah the third act fell on it's face.

First two acts were great.

He's Tony user

>where's my money dweeb?

DELIVER US.

>Act 3 - Oh shit, this guy needs to be in Avengers next year! Quick, somehow get him in the ice ASAP

no, but i think he says it twice in first avenger

How strong is Movie Spider-Man compared to Movie Thor?

They could have handled it a lot better

>call back dialogue
>having this shit handled
That's pretty rudimentary cinematic screenwriting user. A better example would be the fact that they managed to make a 3 hour cape movie with a huge cast that wasn't horrible.

Not on the same level. Spider-Man is about the middle tier between normal humans and Thor.

IGN literally needs to fuck off because they cannot review ANYTHING worth a damn.

I'm just happy they didn't kill Zemo, we might actually seem him pop up later on in in the series.

>Pros
>Spider-Man
>Black Panther
>The airport battle

>Cons
>too much water

Since there's no Uncle Ben, I've been wondering who they would have chosen opposite of Marisa Tomei. Would assume he would have been at least fit and fought back before dying.

I legitimately think that's a pretty terrible analysis.

I just want the sword and purple sock mask

Right? First off I think the guy just wanted another villain for Cap to punch, and the losing steam comment just screams he missed the entire point of the final fight

>-Zemo
Shit review confirmed

Did Cap come up with this himself in the comics? Because it felt pretty weird attributing such a well known line to someone else if it wasnt.

MJ wasn't an issue with the core concept. They'd been separated until the very run where their marriage was sold to satan.

MJ, if anything, can be a gut wrenching failure if the marriage/the only good thing he has fails for the same reason his life does.

... but using magic to get rid of it is just stupid.

This. If Tony only had one movie to prep for the Avengers it might have been rushed I the end too, then again IM2 was basically filler.

I know a guy from Brooklyn and I haven't had a single >5min encounter with him in which he didn't mentioned this