Is the rock the last bastion of macho cinema ?

Is the rock the last bastion of macho cinema ?

No, he's gay.

No that's Jason Statham.

>Manlet

Other than that you're right, but the macho action hero has definitely seen a decline. Hollywood favors ottermode man-boys who are good at quips now.

The rock really only gets his pass because of his massive charisma. He's one of those guys that studios hire to just play himself.

no, he's just a man shaped puppet. go watch a mel gibson film.

Chris Evans gets my vote. In addition to being macho, he also stands up for the rights of LGBTQA+ individuals and people of color.

Not really. Seeing Arnie oiled up, you could make fun of him being "gayish" but not only did he slay punany every time, at worst he would be a butch.

The Rock is just a faggot.

theres a difference between masculinity and macho.

The rock has an eternal amount of goodwill from the millennial 20-something faggots that remember him from their wrestling days.

Like many here have said, he is gay, and massively overrated

I enjoy the films of Vin Diesel.

Both to be honest, family.
It's no wonder the Jews in Hollywood wanna cuck Vin Diesel out of his own franchise for Rock and Stathom.

You know, it's really depressing that there are no badass role models for young boys anymore. My generation had Mr. T who represented the best of what Black America could endeavor to become.

>20-something

More like 30 something. The Rock's prime was late 90s.

>Manlet

Whatever you do don't Google Arnold's height

The Rock was successful both in wrestling and later in acting because he really is charismatic as fuck. I don't care if you hate him but he has undeniable screen presence.

jeez vin diesel got elephantitis or someshit

In his prime Arnold was over 6'. He's probably lost a couple inches though.

>The Rock was successful both in wrestling and later in acting because he really is charismatic as fuck.
THIS

He grew up in the pro-wrestling business and was well aware of how powerful theatrics are. The Rock is so damned likable that he could play the most cold-hearted asshole yet I can't bring myself to hate the character he plays.

Vin Diesel wishes he was The Rock whose got a god-tier build and a genuinely-magnetic personality.

Based fucking redpilled Mel.

Why can't we just like both?

I remember reading somewhere that Vin was a big Dungeons and Dragons fan and general geek for a long time until he beefed up. No wonder he's probably a lot more out of the spotlight most of the time and likes to do his own projects.

I liked Vin Diesel back in the early 00's, but now he has to rely on the Fast franchise to sustain his career. In fact, I'd argue he needs to focus more on voicework because of The Iron Giant and Guardians of the Galaxy (Groot).

>Other than that you're right, but the macho action hero has definitely seen a decline. Hollywood favors ottermode man-boys who are good at quips now.

I'd say the Captain America, Batman, Superman, and Thor all fit the "macho" description. So do the guys in Fast & Furious.

>I'd say the Captain America, Batman, Superman, and Thor all fit the "macho" description.
Comic book heroes were something that casuals derided before nerd culture became "accepted" post-2000's.

Macho in film was something like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry, Charles Bronson in pretty much any film of his, Arnold, Stallone, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme, Wesley Snipes, etc. Basically any high-octane action thriller involving dudes who were in shape, fucked girls, and oozed Alphaness.

Not only carbon-14 is not the only existing method of chronological dating, but charles darwin's work is not upheld as the sole theory on evolution and hasn't been for a century

I just hope he's making that bank for funding the next Riddick movie. It's the main role I like him in and love the movies.

Yeah I didn't mind Riddick, but I doubt another film will get off the ground.

>How come apes aren't people yet?

>Marxism boogeyman

Is it really that hard to read 5 lines of words and realise you don't know what you're talking about?