To everyone. Marvel, DC and Foxfriends alike (and Sonypeople whoever you are)

To everyone. Marvel, DC and Foxfriends alike (and Sonypeople whoever you are)

Some of you may take sides on these companies, I do not, but some of you do, and there's something I've been seeing a lot of. And that's "Disney/Marvel is manipulating the masses and wants the other companies to fail so they can monopolize the industry"

This could not be more wrong. In fact, it's honestly quite the opposite. If anything, Marvel being a monopoly would be a bad thing for everyone including them. Marvel would love if Fox X-Verse, Sony and DCEU got consistent hits both critically and financially. Oh that's not to say they don't still want to be on the top of the pack, they definitely do. But Marvel actually needs to the other companies to be successful. Why you ask?

Because of pic related.

You see all this shit? Marvel has a bigger enemy than box office or bad reviews and that's audience fatigue. They want comic book films to continue to be popular in the consciousness but if too many Fant4stics or ASM2s started coming out, even the plebest public would stop caring. Marvel needs the other companies to live so that they can live and so they can make more money. This isn't about sides, this is about the comic book movie genre as a whole. Hell, the Russos even admitted recently that they decided to do Civil War BECAUSE BvS was coming out and knew they had to make something big to compete.

Imagine if what happened to the YA book adaptations started happening to comic book films? Yeah, that's what Marvel would and should be afraid of. So before you start spouting your conspiracy theories about how Disney wants to control all, keep in mind there may not be anything to control if the public stops caring.

>audience fatigue
inevitable . . . so enjoy the good films while they're here.

>2017
I might not actually see anything next year . . . Guardians 2, maybe.

Disney's brand power is a force unto itself, they don't have to care about market forces that mere mortals like other studios have to.

A little variety, even in capeshit, never hurt anyone

>Imagine if what happened to the YA book adaptations started happening to comic book films?
But they already ARE splitting movies into two parts.

Yeah I think they'll easily be able to squeeze another solid decade out of these

Manual reminder that the western genre lasted nearly 70 years, and MOST of them were incredibly bad and formulaic.

I don't get why people are hoping that cape movies are going to die or whatever. Most cape movies are better than a majority of comics published. I'm talking even garbage like Thor 2 has been better than most Thor comics over the last decade.

The MCU is a brand in and of itself.

At this point audiences know what Marvel movies are MCU and which aren't. As long as the MCU ones keep being good, the others could die out and it won't matter.

Not that. I mean, people don't care about them the way they used to because so many bad ones came out in the wake of Twilight

And speaking of said splitting, why do you think the Russos are retitling it from Part 1 and 2? It's because after The Hunger Games shitshow and upcoming Allegiant and probably a few others, that has become box office poison

I dunno why people would ever side with one corporation over another.
It makes no sense with movies or comics. A football team I could understand, but why a corporate publisher?

You just answered your own question. Football teams are brands in of themselves and we're hardwired to go "If it's not what we like, we have to be against it". Pepsi and Coke, Bud and Miller, Joel and Mike, McDonald's and Burger King. If you like one thing, you can't like the other.

It's stupid, but it's been our mentality for DECADES. Humans are a very "Us or them" creature.

What's Bloodshot?

Are they retitling it from Part 1/2? I didn't know.
Also, I don't think the problem was specifically YA novel adaptations, but rather YA novels about dystopian post-apocalyptic societies in which the protagonist is a young teenager who becomes one of the main fighting forces against the corrupt government whose power controls the world.

The start of the Valiant Cinematic Universe.

I'm pretty sure they're ditching the "Parts" and just retitling one of them. Not sure which one is going to be Infinity War though.

Popular theory at the moment seems to be that Part 2 will still be Infinity War, but Part 1 will probably be titled Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity Quest.

>football teams
>not corporations

>decades
try "our entire existence as a society"

except we used to kill people over tribalism

>Part 1/Infinity Gauntlet ends with the snap
can you imagine the reaction

Personally I would have made Age of Ultron/Civil War the two parter.

The Avengers: Civil War, Part 1 - Age of Ultron
The Avengers: Civil War, Part 2 - Fuck If I Know

>The Avengers: Civil War, Part 1 - Age of Ultron
The longest fucking subtitle ever

>The Avengers: Civil War, Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo