Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V6WP5GQ6iFo
youtube.com/watch?v=x_CtKEjoMfI
youtube.com/watch?v=RLcsxdzixSw
platypuscomix.net/people/joecracker.html
htloz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1618
youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0
web.archive.org/web/20160325005425/http://www.northcastle.co.uk/
web.archive.org/web/20160328160408/http://northcastle.co.uk/Courtyard/dreambook/dreambook.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whatever happened to this? is it still going?

Where is this from?

That's cute

Goddammit, what is this called? I haven't seen it in forever and can't remember

youtu.be/V6WP5GQ6iFo

thank you, the background of this is half the fun, read the tvtropes page for backstory.

>uses the Trifoce of Wisdom to open the lock

youtube.com/watch?v=x_CtKEjoMfI

Part 3 is a work of art

>clothes falling off of Ganon was an animation error
>decide to keep it in
topkek

>Ganon eating the burger
>the triforce dropping his chalk
>the mask escaping on a fucking bike
I don't know why I love that scene so much.

I want a gif of the mask on the bike so bad

I CASED OVER THE MOON
IT WILL FALL ON HYRULE CASTLE AT MIDNIGHT

I'm not impressed. I've seen better battles with beetles in a bottle.

a part four was planned but scrapped.
But it was already more or less done.

(Rimshot)

This isn't the triforce of wisdom, but it's something.

pretty funny stuff

This is a ti- THIS IS A TIME.

Ah, Light of Courage.

Truly a great piece of internet history.

This fuck don't get it.

You know, this was kind of cruel. This McGee guy obviously wasn't playing with a full deck.

the other half is Link itself

He comes across as pretty chris-chan like

I occasionally say "LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN TROUBLE, PRINCESS" in the same manner as Link does in the first part.

That dumb impersonation stuck with me for the last ten years.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLcsxdzixSw

Maybe a bit.

From what I understand, these videos were made as a prank to convince some guy they were making an official zelda show based off some shitty script. The team took some dudes fanfiction and tried to animate it word for word regardless as to whether the story made sense or not. They stopped on the third episode when they realized the joke was going to far.

I too, also say LOOKS LIKE WERE IN TROUBLE PRINCESS
and LET'S HOPE TODAY IS NO DIFFERENT
constantly.
As well as most of the other quotes.

Mine is

>You should have thought. About what I am willing to do. In order to get. The job. Done.

Also holy fuck it's been a decade.

LINK
CATCH THAT CHEST
THEN
OPEN IT

It wasn't just any old fanfiction, it was a script that "Joe Cracker" intended to be made into an actual Zelda movie script and was incredibly, stubbornly convinced would have Nintendo knocking on his door any day now. Other Zelda fans tried again and again to make him see sense, only to get frustrated and start trolling him when that didn't work.

>Also holy fuck it's been a decade.
>I was twelve when the first part came out

I have to re-enforce this, you need to read the backstory to it to get why it's so funny.

htloz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1618

>Impa > Whoopi Goldberg
>Link's Father: Luke > Bruce Willis
>Link's Mother: Margrett > (Since she's a fan)Sally Field
You can't make this shit up
you really cant

My son just gets more stronger and braver each day

>Eian:
>When ridding throw Hyrule forest, it is very important not hit a deer because you do not want the thought that you killed Bambi, to haunt you for the rest of your life.
jesus christ i need to read all of this

>That whole scene after Zelda "dies"
I went from smiling at the insanity to bursting into treats after reading the backstory

best or worst character?

The animation is so fucking good even if they are trying to be shit.

Genuinely smiling right now. Thank you for this. I can't believe this is the first time seeing this.

It's actually kind of surprising how little this gets mentioned. It's ten years old so it should be pretty ingrained in internet culture, plus there's a whole lolcow backstory behind it and even the videos themselves are hilarious.

>here's a whole lolcow backstory behind it
Wait what?

Pls continue, I want to know this story. This wasn't a poke fun of DiC 3D video game adaptations or some shit?

read the thread. This guy, Joe_Cracker/Robert Mcgee was some guy who wrote a shitty fan fiction then trolled by a group of animators into thinking DiC was making a cartoon series of it.

The script for these is word-for-word from a screenplay written by some autistic kid who was convinced Nintendo would be calling him up to make the movie.The link should be somewhere in the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

Don't call me pig-face

been up for past two days and hard to read shit, (Finals)
Im skimming through

So a guy wrote a screenplay fanfic self insert assuming this character. Group of animators did a mock up animation?

Yep. They played him like a goddamn fiddle.

(gurgles)

>I now know for a fact that petitiononline.com does not play around, they are serious about helping people getting a message across.

>"LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN TROUBLE, PRINCESS"

I read it in his voice

>ganon twists so fast the cloth physics cant catch up and its clips off his body
christ

Where is joe now?

I can't tell if this was good CGI for 2006. I want to say it was.

>plus there's a whole lolcow backstory behind it

I think this is the issue. You have to have read the backstory to understand what these things are making fun of, and most people would have seen the clips without that context. So it just comes off as this random, poorly modeled parody of nothing in particular.

Is it weird that the dumbest part of this image to me is that Ruto doesn't have fins?

Good lord, that's just horrible

If the art youre referring to is "Piss Christ", maybe.

This is seriously bad. I mean the words don;t exist that can adequately convey what a truly, wretched, substandard atrocity this is. Its like they didnt even TRY to make this any good.

Is the script for this still in the wild or is it super secret so Cracker doesn't throw a shitfit about it and vanish and instead keeps providing precious, precious content?

Wasn't there a flash version of a scene from the script that used on be on the same website as the three 3D ones?

Read the backstory.

It's all right hereBoy this takes me back. Can't believe it was 10 years ago. Still impressive that a few people were able to churn out a 3D animation like that, especially back then.

Disgusting. Playing with someone so gullible. I dont give a damn how shit his script was, it doesnt justify treating an idiot this way, no matter how unrealistic his dream may be.

And "He put himself out there" is in no way justification for assholish behaviour. Saying a script is bad is one thing, leading him own for your own puerile jollies is something else entirely

Here's hoping ll involved with trolling him get dick cancer.

God, imagine a Star Wars Uncut-style project to make adaptations of every scene, even if each scene has to be cut into parts. Too bad Nintendo would C&D it and social justice would scream about it.

Why is it always the Zelda cartoon? Why can't they leave my childhood nostalgia alone and not run it through the mud by not letting it go?

>Why is it always the Zelda cartoon?

I don't know, there seem to be this clique of really weird 'old school' Zelda fans who consider the DiC show to be an important part of the canon and make their lives revolve around it in crazy ways.

web.archive.org/web/20160325005425/http://www.northcastle.co.uk/

web.archive.org/web/20160328160408/http://northcastle.co.uk/Courtyard/dreambook/dreambook.html

I love how they refer to Ocarina as 'Zelda V', like they're worried that people playing it won't be aware of the entries prior to it.

>this site ran until 2011

Dedication.