Why didn't sauron just pick the ring back up?

why didn't sauron just pick the ring back up?

because the eagles would have eaten him

The best description of what I've heard the ring does other than the mercurial 'rules all rings' is this:

>All magic is dying out. Gandalf for instance is a goddamn space angel and could level cities if it weren't for magic dying out, because of this the best he can manage are momentary evocation and brief expressions of might. This is also why the wizards, despite being immortal space angels, can only manifest in the visage of old men, a visual representation of how much weaker they are than they could be. Nobody can draw out enough magic anymore without long rituals or without tapping a powerful source.

>Sauron sees this power drain coming. He creates the One Ring. In return for investing the bulk of his essence into it, the Ring allows him to draw upon his full strength even in a realm where everyone else is starving for magic. It frees him from that restriction. So without the Ring, Sauron would be on the same level as his equivalents in MiddleEarth, with it he has access to powers like mass domination of armies, weather control, mind control, superminion creation, and knocking over an army with a mighty swing of his mace.

>When Isildur cuts the One Ring off of Sauron's finger, Sauron is suddenly inside a body designed to hold a fraction of the power the ring put inside him. He explodes 'like a balloon and then something happens'.

>The Ring does this same gradual overclock on anyone who wears it. If Gandalf wore it, he would get access to his full Maiar powers. If Galadrial wears it, she gets all the elf magic, she could probably even use it to keep her people on middle earth. If Aragorn wears it, he gets the full Numenorian powers back. It's tempting because you feel whole, you know about something you never knew you were missing.

>That's why Hobbits are prefect ring bearers. Hobbits are a young species. No history of magic, no wars, just a need for comfort, nothing for the ring to exploit.

Just like one of my animes.

Is any of this confirmed by Tolkien? I don't think it is.

The Hobbit part fits somewhat at least

Why couldn't Sauron spare one or two orcs to guard Mt Doom

Tax reasons

Of course tolkienfags need everything spoonfed

They don't need to be spoonfed that atrocious fan-fiction drivel.

No of course not, that's some awful weeb's take on lotr, thinks everything is about "power-levels"
Maiar chose the forms of old wise men so they would gain the trust of the race of men, it's as simple as that.

Piss on the haters son, your canon is best canon. it's now a part of my canon, piss on all the haters.

Fake News.

christopher tolkien saw this post, he's on his way over to kick your ass right now son

>>tl;dr

ok but that doesn't answer why he didn't just reach down and pick it up. is reaching a magical power now

he was really butthurt about losing his fingers

That's a nice load of bull. The Wizards were sent in nerfed because they are supposed to rouse up the people to defeat Sauron, not defeat him 1v1 (or 5v1). Those who sent them didn't want another Sauron on their hands and Saruman still tried.

The ring was a scheme that largely failed but Sauron couldn't take back and all he got for it were 9 Ringwraiths.

Magic in Tolkien's world was never "I cast Armageddon, city is destroyed."

>spoonfeed meme
Jeez son, I just wanted confirmation on your headcanon.

I mean, you're asking a question about the movies he never saw.

We are talking about lore here.

How do you get all this from a fucking movie? Do they mention these things in the extended cuts?

This headcanon is refuted, unfortunately.

Gandalf and the other Maia agreed not to show their true power levels on Middle Earth.

Sharon did put most of his power in the ring, but there is no evidence to suggest it was because of a magic drain. It's more likely that it had to be done as part of the ritual that would allow post over those who took the lesser rings.

Hobbits are tempted just like other traces, but they are more simple and practical. Sam sees himself turning Mordor into a giant garden, Frodo can't bring himself to destroy it, Bilbo has a very difficult time leaving it behind, it made Smeagol kill and become a filthy shitter.

>Sharon

>Sharon, I told you not to put most of your power in the ring, there's no goddam magic drain

you know there's a bunch of books right

>Gandalf not using full power
i always read this, but why? once sauromon goes renegade and sauron is getting closer to fucking up the world, why won't gandalf just got full super saiyan? why do the good guys self-impose handicaps?

I laughed out loud at this

Christopher is a talentless hack who rode his dad's gravy train for fifty years now. Time to write something of his own.

because temptation and shieeet
sauron is called the deceiver for a reason, gandalf probably feared if he was too powerful sauron would find a way to tempt him or he would simply take the ring for himself.

how fucking stupid are you young fag?
bound paper things with words on them

I like it. Its now canon.

I like it too,it's rather awesome.