Why don't you like Baby Groot, Sup Forums?

Why don't you like Baby Groot, Sup Forums?

Got a little too much screen time but the kids love em

I'm above 18.

He's annoying and stupid.
I liked the original Groot better.

Ontological question:
is baby groot groot or groot's offspring?

It's a new Groot, kinda like some form of reincarnation but it isn't the original Groot.

Because he's SUPPOSED to be cute, so I have to go against it.

thanks

Would have been funnier if he just instantly sprouted from the ground fully grown like he does in the Rocket comics. But i guess they needed some stakes for the first movie.

SHILL ME, BABY

SHILL THE SHIT OUT OF US

SHILL US TO DEATH

AND THEN SHILL DOWN OUR THROATS

obligatory Disney merchandising mascot

I graduated middle school.

UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE

I liked the premise of this movie. I had the same idea. But I believe that Ego is just misunderstood. From his/my point of view, the beings who want to remain their individual selves are the ones who are being selfish. Ego was better than all other sentient beings in the universe. It's a tragedy that inferior individuals lived on while he perished. The ultimate fate of the universe MUST be that one single sentient being takes over all the matter available to it to use as part of its conscious self. Hence all of his talk of "meaning". There is nothing wrong about this. The movie is just a bunch of scaremongering, and it's retarding progress toward the only possible end state of life in the universe. If you have better ideas about what life will be like in the late stage of the span of the universe (should it survive that long) I would like to hear them. BROTIP: you can't.

Why do you analize capeshit loser

You should have seen what they did with BvS.

Teen Groot exists

now this is autism

>analize

You're a loser, loser

>it's a Sup Forums is contrarian episode

wow how shocking, the writers really outdid themselves this time

>DON'T PRESS THIS BUTTON BABY GROOT
>*presses the button the raccoon told him not to push*
>LOL BABY GROOT WHY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN HAHAHA BAZINGA

hella f*cking epic /teevee/ hahaha

And do we like teen groot?

He was fine, but Pete, Rocket and Yondu were more interesting characters.

Chris Pratt is attractive. I'm gay btw

what if it was loli groot

>Got a little too much screen time

No way, they used him just the right amount.

>Opening
>Getting the prototype fin
>That shit with the bomb

That's it.

>don't like monthly reddit capeshit? you are contrarian
Just kill yourself already.

It's rick and morty-tier humor, but I liked it anyway. No idea why. I usually hate this shit
>LOL TURD
>LOL YOU LIKE A GIRL

>kills trillions of people
>"im not evil since it seemed like a good idea at the time"

>the only reason someone could not like something i like is to be contrarian
you have a brain problem
a severe one

Will we have a Teen Groot in GotG3 or will he grown up by the time it happens?

It will be teen groot and Sup Forums will have a mental breakdown.

Teen groot was in the 4th post credits scene.

I know he's in the credits, but remember how GotG1 ended with Groot as just a sprout and the sequel he was a baby?
He could be a teen in the credits and the new movie he's a young adult or some shit.

He was ok, but the jokes surrounding him went on for way too long.

It depends on when the next movie takes place.
GotG2 takes place 2 months after the first one, that's why he's still a baby.
For all we know GotG3 could take place after IW

so why did Peter's dad kill his mother? Better yet why did he tell Peter that he did?

Because he loved her. Because he genuinely believed he did nothing wrong.

why did he kill her instead of just taking her to his disney planet with him?

Why?
Because he loved her, and with her alive, he wouldn't be able to complete his mission because he would want to be with her.
For why told Peter?
Because I guess he thought nothing of it.

why not just ask her to be delivered to him the same way he did Peter

how was killing her neccesary

He probably couldn't take her for whatever reason. Maybe non-god, fully human people can't live there

>so why did Peter's dad kill his mother?

To remove his sentimental attachment to Earth.

>Better yet why did he tell Peter that he did?

His name is literally Ego. He's an egotistical jack ass that think's he's the most important thing in the universe.

But the bug lady was living there just fine, and none of the Guardians had issue on there.

>Why don't you like Baby Groot, Sup Forums?

Because pretty baby is the only baby I need

Actually it was this. Everyone must die for the mission to be fully completed, including her, excluding only himself and peter

>why did he kill her instead of just taking her to his disney planet with him?

Because then she would have discovered the mass grave of kids and flipped the fuck out. Also, she would have discovered all the other alien baby mommas he had across the galaxy.

so in the first movie when groot picks off and eats a leaf that sprouts off him then he ate himself?

Are any of them human? Not even peter is fully human. But anyway, that was wrong

why didn't he just get rid of the mass grave then?

He ALLOWED Mantis to live there because he needed her to put him to sleep.
He was planing on killing everyone else.

Killing literally everyone was necessary for the "purpose". Did you even watch the movie?

>why didn't he just get rid of the mass grave then?

Because he's an egotistical jack ass and she still would have discovered the alien baby momma harem he had going on.

He probably asked her to when he returned to earth twice and she said no

His name is 'ego' for a reason

how does getting rid of the mass grave hurt his ego at all, and how would she have ever found out? arrogant people hide things all the time.

surely he could've just killed her last then
this is the only explanation that makes sense

Yeah what was the point of him needing to sleep? They never explained why him needing to sleep was important

You're all wrong. Sparing her, sparing ANYONE would ruin his "purpose". It's that simple

but if he was fine with Mantis living there surely he could've made an exception for the apparent love of his life

Just so mantis can put him to sleep at the end

Simplistic movie plots, etc

Even a good needs his 8 hours of beauty sleep.

She had a limited lifespan and in his ageless existence that wouldn't have been an obstacle to the Expansion, you autist

furthermore how did he sleep before he met Mantis?

did he not need to? if so, why did he need mantis?

He was a big guy

What was his beef with drax? Was it just cause he's a baby

Just another awful played out completely 2d non dynamic character. The dance over the titles was abhorant.

>how does getting rid of the mass grave hurt his ego at all

It doesn't! He's simply too egotistical to give a fuck about getting rid of them.

why didn't he just wait until she died naturally

would a human lifespan be anything more than a blink to a god that has lives for trillions of years

I hope that's not the case. Was there really no in-plot reason for that being important? Maybe Ego was still guilty about killing Ms Quill or all of his children, or maybe he just needed it when he's offworld because his physical avatar is more mortal the longer it's away but he needs help to sleep properly as a god

>It doesn't! He's simply too egotistical to give a fuck about getting rid of them.
But you said he wouldn't want Peter's mother to come to the planet because he would be worried she'd find the grave.

So if that was a fear, it would be no big task to simply get rid of it, or cover it up.

Good point, maybe he routinely abducts aliens from her homeworld and tells each one they were "rescued" and uses them until they die of old age

But that's complete conjecture

If thats the case, that was really not apparent. Why do you care, though? It's just capeshit. Plot holes are the norm and to be expected.

>But that's complete conjecture
he stated that he hadn't found life for trillions of years though

so he couldn't have been abducting bug people babies at the start

>4Groot

What are you talking about? Didn't he create her?

Because for as much as he loved her, he had a plan and wanted no distractions.
Surely she wasn't the only one that he "loved"
He probably had many other that he "loved" that he killed off so the can further his plans

Is Drax completely fucking incapable of seeing things unless they're in motion?

But he also wouldn't have needed to stay offworld for as long so maybe they were more like day trips

Autist?! I think you meant to direct your accusation of autism at the writers. I'm just repeating what was said in the movie almost verbatim.

I don't think so or she would have disappeared like he did or like Peter's immortal powers

Also, if he could create a being to put him to sleep, why not just put himself to sleep and cut out the middleman? She was supplying a power he didn't have

I haven't seen marvels of the galaxy or whatever it is.

Ego says himself that she WOULD have been an obstacle to the expansion. Period.

They said that Ego needed to replace everything with himself and thus needed to end all other life, but that's not mutually exclusive with letting your pet human die of old age if you haven't yet found a celestial battery child

It's actually Marvels 2: Electric Grootaloo

I thought the point of it being a baby is that they were going to teach it how to talk. What the fuck is the point of it only saying I am Groot? Also why is vin diesel not the one voicing the raccoon? Could be likable if I didn't have to have Bradley Cooper on my mind anytime it talks.

Weirdly, I didn't like the first movie, while critics and especially redditors loved it. But then I liked this one, while critics at least didn't. It's actually the first capeshit I liked, despite the bad jokes and lame action sequences targeted at 14 year old boys and whatnot. There was something about the plot that I just... liked.

How many raccoons do you know with deep voices

Maybe you liked the Futurama episode when Leela finds another cyclops and this reminded you very closely of it

He's a triangle-faced monkey, get it right

she said he raised her from when she was a larvae

You mean trashpanda

Also there's apparently been a subreddit by that name since long before the movie came out

I liked virtually all of Futurama so maybe

That's what he would tell each successive generation after abducting them

Because you love your father.

I could hear redditors in my theatre sqealing with glee when this was said. There was rapturous applause and fedoras flying up in the air

What if he put the larvae in his butt haha that'd be so weird

>that Cat Stevens song at the end

What the fuck is wrong with you, dude?