He's so out of character in Civil War, a reactionary moron who can't resolve disagreements peacefully...

He's so out of character in Civil War, a reactionary moron who can't resolve disagreements peacefully. Dunno why this film is getting the love.

He's also suffering from PTSD.

And reeling from his colossal failures in Age of Ultron. His character in Civil War is the result of several movies worth of comeuppance.

>What is Character Development?

>colossal failures in Age of Ultron
bad decisions totally out of character

>suffering from PTSD
bitch needs to man up.

>Character Development
Intro to writing 101
It was a pathetic excuse to force action.

You're right OP

They should have learned from BvS

Bait thread

Post memes

>bitch needs to man up
Sure dude, fighting against aliens, having the goverment on your ass, creating a machine that almost destroys the world, been resppnsable of human casualities, getting the people you love far away from you and starting to think probably you can't do something right is nothing. You are just acting like a pussy

This guy got 3 solo movies to himself and starred in two team ups
Why adapt the CW story line when nothing has built to it just to shove this faggot in too?
And he's now in Homecoming too where he'll probably get to act like a admirable adult figure for Peter to look up to all of a sudden

He also just had a break-up with Pepper.

desu I'd flip that. I think that Peter is going to inspire Tony, if anything. Give him yet another pinch of character development in a non-Iron Man movie.

Whether you like it or not, RDJ/Iron Man is the face of the MCU.

Moron, the point is that he's an exceptional person in extraordinary circumstances. We want a hero, not a reactionary halfwit who puts on a dress as soon as his deeds are questioned.

Almost as though he had a drinking problem...

he could have any woman on earth. if she doesn't want a genius hero boyfriend, she should fuck right off.

Was he ever NOT reactionary? When is he EVER peaceful? He's an egotistical shithead. It makes sense he'd think he can speak on behalf of others

it's too much pressure. RJD's fall from sobriety will kill him

>He's an egotistical shithead.
an egotistical shithead who's never wrong. this is the part they fucked up.

Sure, he could. Why then, does he keep coming back to plain ol' Pepper?

Duh. He actually loves her.

1 and 3 were good, and he was the key to Avengers. IM 2 and Ultron were shit. With Civil War, that puts him batting at .500.

she doesn't love him the way he is. she loves a version of him that he is clearly not.

>an egotistical shithead who's never wrong
Ultron.

The MCU just seems to have a collectively dormant urge to hate Stark.

"Your dad was a better scientist than my dad. Fuck you, Tony Stark."
"This bomb that some soldiers fired at my home has Stark's name on it. Fuck you, Tony Stark."
"This killer robot that my own people have allowed to operate in my city, whom as far as I know has no correlation with Tony Stark, is now destroying my city while the Avengers try to stop him. Fuck you, Tony Stark."
"My son died in some shit hole country that accepts terrorist organizations and killer robots. Fuck you, Tony Stark."

exactly. they're writing him wrong. even though he's an egotistical shithead, he'd never fuck up enough to create an Ultron. it's his genius that precisely feeds his egotism, and he's far too smart to ever botch things like that. In the comics, Ultron was entirely Hank Pym's fuckup.

It wasn't even his entire fault. Wanda just brainfucked him hard enough to actually make him.

>"My son died in some shit hole country that accepts terrorist organizations and killer robots. Fuck you, Tony Stark."
This was very stupid. Kid went to a shithole, accepted some risk to help the underprivileged. Too bad he died, and too bad his mom is suffering, but if not for Tony, that retarded floating island plot device would have killed all life on earth not just her son.

It isn't really. It's been known for awhile that this movie is a step back from WS and that it received an extra boost from critics for not being BvS.

In about 2 weeks when the gloss is gone there will be nothing but 'What went wrong?' threads.

At this point everything wrong that ever happened in the mcu is because of the Stark family, he even funded a number of Spidey's future rogues.

>he'd never fuck up enough to create an Ultron
>he's far too smart to ever botch things like that.

Thanks, Satan.

Also that time he created a sentient armor on accident and it went all yandere on him.

You know, just like the Ultron/Pym dynamic.

>Wanda
God, I hate her with the intensity of a million suns. Not only is she a pig-snouted eyesore, her acting is the worst.

Well he is a Republican so it's not that surprising.

Fucking keep it in one thread, fuking mods we need a sticky.

bad writing. might not be canon after secret wars.

>I didnt like it, so it never happened.

exactly. still waiting for the rollback of WMD.

>Also that time he created a sentient armor on accident and it went all yandere on him.

>You know, just like the Ultron/Pym dynamic.
the sentient armor WAS ultron

wasnt that when it came back, for the jocasta story? when it first happened it was because of a lightning strike.

unless i'm not recalling correctly.

Still more in character than he was in Avengers 2

>kills his enemies left and right
>does whatever he wants because he thinks he knows better
>helped make ultron
>feels guilty and uses it to turn on his allies and put them in jail
>lets the main villain get away so he can kill a brainwashed hitman and captain america

Tony is slowly becoming a villain and I'd love to see him as the big bad guy for Avengers 4.

Ok, now let's follow that thought to completion...
>love woman
>woman wants me to to be something I'm not
>want to be the person she wants me to be
>find myself incapable of being the person she wants me to be
>go back to being the Tony that I am
>if I can't have Pepper, maybe I can still protect her and the rest of the world
>over-stressed
>over-worked
>just created a robot that nearly destroyed humanity when I only wanted to protect the world
>not used to failure, to being wrong
>it's time to make desperate decisions to protect the people I love
>...aaand now my friends all hate me.

So that's Tony in an iron nutshell.

Who is even still on Tony's Avengers now? Just Vision?

And War Wheelchair, at least.

they retconned the whole thing and said it was ultron the entire time

that whole story was dumb as hell

movie iron man is turning into comic iron man and it's a real shame

Memes? What are thoooooooooooooose? I bet there's 21 of them! Damn Daniel!

Alright I'm going to go commit suicide now.

Also Spider-Man if Tony wants him. Even Black Panther if he wants to assist, but I doubt that he'd be interested for most missions.

Really, it wouldn't be too hard to recruit a couple more superheroes.

Why was the last battle the last battle? What finality was there that would merit Tony going, "Welp, you win. I'll stop hunting you down now. Let's be pen pals." It felt like a mid-movie fight to me not a climax.

If I had to sum up Tony's character quickly, I'd say he's a "high intelligence, low wisdom" character. He's probably one of the smartest people in the world, but he's not a particularly rational thinker. He invited terrorists to attack his home because they hurt his friend, created Ultron without telling anyone but Bruce because he had a bad vision of the future, and attacked Bucky because he killed his mom even though he was brainwashed at the time.

People say "Autism: The Post" all the time here but this is literally "Autism: The Post"

>Lack of emotional understanding
>Lack of empathy
>inability to handle change

Get help

Tony couldnt do anything since his suit was busted, so Cap, who didnt want to fight, left with T'Challa and scurried into wakanda.

Well if they keep running with the theme of Tony always screwing up maybe he'll make the MCU's equivalent of the Dark Avengers. Obviously he has the real Spider-Man, and anything to do with Wolverine is out of the picture, but there's plenty of bad choices he can still make.

>bad decisions totally out of character
>reactionary moron
Ironman 1

Literally has no idea what's going on in his own company

takes test suit out on first flight, freezes suit flying too high, comes inches from rhodeying all over the asphalt

Tanks stock prices of his own company without informing anyone on his own board of his new business strategy, nearly gets pushed out of his own company

Ironman 2

Hides the fact that the palladium is poisoning him instead of getting top medical people on the issue and telling people about it like a sane person.

Lets random bimbos fire repulsor beams because lol, drunkenly uses suit and starts brawl in his house around civilians

Avengers
Literally antagonises everyone, only gets it together after someone dies

Ironman 3
I mean, you've seen it, right? Literally starts calling out terrorists and giving them his home address

Age of ultron
Ultron

And that brings us up to civil war, probably the most sensible we've seen him really.

If anything Tony's going to look up to Peter and fucking hopefully turn around.
Watch his scene with Pete and look at the look on Tony's face when Pete talks about why he became Spiderman.

How does Steve expect Tony to trust him after this? He sided with the man who killed his parents.

The best part was that the Peter Tony scene was written deliberately to mirror the Steve and Erskine scene in Cap1.

Hydra killed them. Howard Stark was Bucky and Steve's friend before he was swimming in his daddy's sack.

MCU, man. bad writing.

are you the official apologizer for the shit writing? Here, put this in your mouth then pull the trigger.

tl;dr, you seem butthurt that i don't like CW. I think IM acted like a petulant child.

Characterization is bad writing? Would you rather him be a perfect genius who could do no wrong? That sounds pretty boring to me.

I agree, Iron man is and always has been a petulant child

I don't really care what you think about civil war.