So, if you had the option given to you, would you live in Gotham City?

So, if you had the option given to you, would you live in Gotham City?

I'm not sure I would. Crazy place. Before you know it you could get blown up with a bazooka.

Depends on what universe I lived in. 66' Gotham would probably be a fun place to live.

The most effective crime fighter in Gotham City is some lunatic who wanders around at night dressed like a bat.

Why on earth would ANYONE want to live there?

Good lord no

Only thing it has going for it is escapes aside arkham seems like a decent pshycriatric institution (I haven't read a whole lot of Batman so maybe that's dead wrong)

Is this a disguised Gotham thread?

>ctrl+f Gotham
What the fuck are the mods doing

Only if it's the 1960s Adam West Batman version of Gotham City.

Gotham? You mean the show?

Gosh, I suppose it could be. It certainly is Sup Forums related.

What a fun show, too. Where else can you see a man get blasted into chunks with a rocket launcher.

Tommy Monaghan lives there

You're good people Boco, don't let nobody tell you different.

SO ANYWAY, those were some metal ass guitars when Pengy and Butch strolled out

Someone wanted the kill chart, I dunno why the fuck we're getting deleted.

If there's a specific rule we're violating, I'd be happy to make our threads elsewhere. But we were told live action comic related shows were allowed here on Sup Forums. And they have been. For years now.

Of course not. Gotham is just a playground for crazy psychopaths who make you laugh yourself to death, die from fear gas, deadly plants, ice guns, and who knows what else.

Also there's this freaky guy that looks like a mutant penguin.

I liked his little "Night fellas!" too.

So casual.

So my friend runs this asylum, and he's been doing other weird shit on the side, like reviving people. Earlier today i found out he revived some lady, Whale Foley or something. She wakes up and immediately remembered who she was even though the other people brought back had mostly lost their memories and sense of identity. It just makes no sense.

>Also there's this freaky guy that looks like a mutant penguin.
Burton pls leave

She's just that tough. I assume.

As I recall, a person similar to her once ripped out her own eye. And got shot in the gut, but still had the strength to fly a helicopter to Gotham. Strong in body and will.

I assume.

Hopefully my reply will actually get through this time

I think it may just be that they've perfected the process

>Bazoka
And if he say "What's that do" than it perfect

It'll be interesting to see what she thinks about how the city's turned out in her absence.

Maybe she'll just walk off.

Actually, I wanted the season 1 chart.

So where is Gotham geographically?
Like... Chicago?

I was expecting Penguin to show up with a trick umbrella, but I was not disappointed by the result.

Also who's ready for some hot firefly on cat sex

Got that one too!

I believe its implied to be near (or replace) New Jersey.

Seriously. I was expecting an umbrella machine gun. This was so much better.

last I checked it was east coast somewhere.

Like Jersey

Didn't the hypnose process use both eyes ? she may have been saved by her replacement

Jersey City. across the river from New York (Metropolis)

DC's equivalent of Chicago is Central City, (well technically it's amalgam of both Chicago and St Louis)

Oh, that's smart

I like it

Thanks, I needed something for when people say season one sucked.

>those sandwich deaths

I fucking love that sandwitch eating mother fucker

Pretty sure it changes with each adaptation. But it was originally a fictional version of New York so is probably the closest seeing as New York actually exists in the DCU now.

Best death so far is when he went all Soylent Green on the rich bitch.

Who, I assume, is still in that chair. Classy.

Yes, the old "Metropolis is New York during the day, Gotham is New York at night" line.

She is, i think.

depends on what neighborhood

Sky high crime rates. Shitty gun control laws.

Unless I collected old amusement park things, was a research criminal psychologist, or made a living selling equipment to the police why the hell would I want to live within tzar bomba blast radius of that place?

Seeing as I already live in Jersey sure.

Hot villain babes

im sorry for your lots

Whats that like?

Yeah but they're only straight for Batman

Oh look a Daredevil thread.

Definitely objectively more comic book related than Gotham

Yes i would live there in a heartbeat. My goal in life in the DCU would be to get a STEM degree just so i could move to Gotham, get a job with a big company for the sole purpose of getting fired by my boss.

Aren't most of the people who die horribly in Gotham massive cunts in the first place?

Right next to Metropolis

No

Or at least across a bay.

How often do you think all these shit happens? It appears Batman comics are about in real time. This means you have like, one major crime per couple months, and Batman succesfully stops most other ones. Those odds aren't bad.
Arkham is supposed to be worst psychiatric institution as it can be.

Typically the massive cunts are the only ones who DON'T die horribly.

theres a map right here

we were just subtly complaining about the stupid choice in BvS

or at least I was

>Yes, the old "Metropolis is New York during the day, Gotham is New York at night" line.
Yeah pretty much, (which is why I actually like the "across the bay" thing).
If memory serves me correctly Batman was actually identified as operating in "New York" in the early Finger - Kane issues.

New jersey, ignore all the idiots with the "new york at night" shit.

Is near new jersey, it's in that state.

>that music as they strutted in and you saw that shit on butchs back knowing exactly what was gonna happen
>the muisc also playing when you see them just walking away back into the fog

Need to replay that on my dvr when I get home

Oh hey, you used the same bazooka as I did. I may have gone overboard on the picture, but this time I think it's deserved.

That's the way it is in the comics though.

No way. Their economy is such to shit, there's an abandoned warehouse and/or abandoned carnival around every corner. What kind of a mayor approves for those many carnivals anyway?

>arkham seems like a decent pshycriatric institution
yeah, look at all of those lunatics they've either cured or kept locked up.

come on man. they also have several chemical and playing card factories.

I would argue that Penguin killed an unknown number of monks in Worse than a Crime.