Black Panther

So, Panther's entire origin story takes place in CW, more or less. what's his solo movie going to be about? And how do you think they're going to handle Wakanda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what's his solo movie going to be about?

they couldn't have made it more obvious that it's going to be about Ross coming for Bucky.

>Whats his solo movie going to be about?

BP : We have to be part of the world again!
Wakanda : Ur crazy, no
And there will be some hamfisted plot to kill him, Bucky helps him escape or fighte back.

It's supposed to be a 'geopolitical thriller' so it's pretty much going to be

god i hope not. bucky should not be part of the BP solo movie.

Fuck no.
What's with everything having to go back to Stark, Steve and Thor?

hopelessly hoping for MCU Fantastic Four introduction, time to repay the favor.

Its going to be BP vs his people, tradition vs the new world. Klaw will wont help the transition. On an unrelated note, fuck Ross.

They'll get it eventually. You really think Fox is gonna try that shit a third time?

no but they will sit on the IP just to ensure Marvel doesnt make money. They were pissed about Daredevil

>fuck Ross's daughter

This. The movie's almost certainly going to focus on a "heavy is the head that wears the crown" sort of theme. T'Challa will grapple with the legacy of his father, the responsibilities of being king, and of navigating the dangerous rivalries of Wakandan politics. Which means that, while Klaw will certainly be in the film, it seems like a goddamn perfect set-up to include White Wolf and the Dogs of War.

T'Challa ascends the throne, tries to start running things... and then is shocked to learn his peaceful, progressive father had a secret deathsquad he used to squelch any potential threats to Wakanda, that said deathsquad is still active, and then it is undermining his rule by backing assholes like Klaw, manipulating tribal rivals, and fomenting dissent in the Wakanda populace.

entire movie should be Wakanda revolting because they're tired of having a King/High Priest
its an antiquated concept that only leads to evil and subjugation of innocent people
it should be Black Panther vs Democracy
and BP is the bad guy

that'd be a good movie

You're idiots if you think Bucky should be the focus of a BP movie for several reasons.
1) We just had a film about characters fighting over Bucky, we don't need a second one.
2) It shows a great lack of Black Panther material
3) Black Panther's film should not be an expansion pack for Captain America's franchise
4) Why would they go to war over one guy?

In all honesty, you got another reason for political strife. Vibranium. Everyone wants it and Wakanda doesn't want to give it out. Have other governments try to form a coup to overthrow Black Panther so they can get the Vibranium. I mean, Klaw was set up for a reason.

Considering that seems to be the major theme of Ta-Nehsi Coates new run, I wouldn't be surprised if they borrow some ideas from there for the movie. They've got at least a year until filming has to start, after all.

>Do you think Fox learns... anything... ever.

Wouldn't hold my breath dude.

I would flip my shit for Acabe being a villain.

Not to mention the rumors for M'Baku and Achebe. Hes going to be fighting both an invasion and a coup

Achebe blows. Gimme dat Killmonger.

I hope it ends with them Gaddafying him

I'm not familiar with Black Panther villains outside Klaw and Man-Ape. Who is Acebe and Killmonger?

It's more likely to end with him agreeing that the power structure is fucked, and setting up a parliament and making the Black Panther a more ceremonial figurehead.

Honestly, a setup like that makes a lot more sense, because it frees him up from the duties of state to do superhero stuff.

>and BP is the bad guy
Why the hell would you want that?

You think that thing shoots lasers out of its eyes?

>You really think Fox is gonna try that shit a third time?
Fox isn't going to "learn" anything because Fox doesn't understand that its doing anything wrong. When you give a team of focus group survey charged marketing majors production jobs on one of your movies, they're going to give the people what they think they want. From their point of view, any difference in profit between their movie's and Disney's from that point on comes from advertising campaigns, general audience appeal, brand/ character recognizably, and luck. They've likely spent thousands and made millions on being taught and acting on the assumption that talented people with passion for the subject matter is the least important factor in a product's performance and going back on that fundamental idea essentially re-wrights the fucking book on AAA movie making.

That re-written book has been sitting on Disney's shelf for about a decade now. Its been memorized and is currently collecting layer after layer of dust.

That's what we need. ANOTHER MCU villain who has the same powers as the hero.

Cool your tits, we're bound to get Klaw. That guy's power set should make for some interesting visuals.

Question is will he just have the sonic hand or will they go full sound monster?

Name a king in Africa who isn't a bad guy
it'd be more realistic
he's a Mandela-esque racist

Well, they cast Andy Serkis, master of mo-cap roles, as the character...

Yes.
Yes I do.

Well shit thats a good point user

>"I'm the king now", said T'Challa.
>"I disagree with that", said the evil Wakanda power player, "I shall steal the throne"
>"Do battle with me, Black Panther", said the evil enforcer of the main villain.
>"Oh, Black Panther, have PG-13 sex with me", said the cute American woman visiting Wakanda.
>"I am in this movie too", said Bilbo Baggins.
>"I SHALL RISE FROM MY CHAIR TO ACCOMPLISH THINGS IN TWO MONTHS", said Thanos in a after-credits scene.
>"10/10", said the critics
>"$1 billion worldwide", said the public.
>"IT'S NOT FAIR", said DC fans.

pottery

Checked this thread just to make sure someone had saved and reposted this pasta

a gentle caress of the EDGE

>I'm declaring war on anybody selling vibranium outside the community
>But Black Panther, I sell vibranium outside the community!

Anyone got any good Black Panther reading material?

>Name a king in Africa who isn't a bad guy
Fucking T'challa
>it'd be more realistic
This is a superhero movie about a technologically advanced nation in Africa.
>he's a Mandela-esque racist
He really isn't.

Eh, Cap's franchise was an expansion for pretty much everyone's. T'Challa's first act as king in a historically isolationist country is harboring outsider fugitives linked to the old king's death. This has to play a part in his movie.

This is implying Cap and the unsanctioned Avengers will stay in Wakanda. By Panthers movie, they will be out doing whatever. At best they reference it and his people will question his rule

Did anyone else get unreasonably excited when that Dora Milaje chick told Black Widow to "move or be moved"? I love how rich the universe is getting. The movie had a couple pacing issues in the first half, and it occasionally lost the Steve thread (not that the other scenes were bad, they were awesome; just that it's a Cap movie and he's only in about 60% of the scenes), but everything with all the side characters and the world was so utterly beautiful.

This movie introduced new characters (for this universe) including:

>T'Chaka
>T'Challa
>peter parker
>Aunt May
>Everett Ross
>Baron Zemo

and all of them were amazing. I understand Zemofags wanted a pink mask and the rich history with his father, but they kept his broad strokes (wants revenge against Avengers for the death of his father, is a master plotter, European) while subverting the repetitive 3rd act issues of other Marvel movies.

Panther's Rage

I hope they cast whites and Asians in it to show how Wakanda isn't racist and is full of diversity
otherwise they'd just be inbred right?

>You really think Fox is gonna try that shit a third time?
... yes?

Zemo was terrible.

Some random Slav who had a loving family that a building fell on, with zero relation to Hydra, the Red Skull or a history of training/swordplay.

>with zero relation to Hydra
Neither does Zemo in the comics. The first time Zemo ever had any real relation to HYDRA was last year in Remender's run.

>Red Skull
Heinrich may have worked for Red Skull, but Helmut only ever teamed up with him like twice.

>or a history of training
Except the part where he was the leader of Sokovia's special ops death squad.

I'm surprised they introduced the Dora Milaje at all. A friend asked me after the movie if that was supposed to be Storm, and I had to explain to him that it was one of Black Panther's sort of not-concubine

Yeah, that surprised me a little as well. Be interesting to see how they explain that one in the BP movie.

if they're too afraid to get into tribal marriage politics, they'll probably just be ceremonial body guards

Bucky's still there though, and a known assassin and was the suspect in his father's death that they're now financing the recovery and protection of. If someone in his country knows, I doubt they'll be pleased.

Is there any Black Dynamite/Black Panther crossover art yet?

Good Black Panther runs I should read to educate myself about the character?

Priest's run

He couldn't just explain to his people he's protecting a victim of the evil foreign business that killed the last king?

>Kirby
>McGregor
>Priest
In that order.

>McGregor
>Priest

and if you have time for some zany, Saturday morning cartoon-like adventures about midget gangsters, femme fatales, weird ass aliens, sacred samurai water, and vibranium creatures... Oh and somehow putting on the mask gives T'Challa powers
>Kirby only read issues 6-10 to skip most of the dumb shit I mentioned
ftfy

wouldn't shock me if they actaully use the new runs ideas of having bodyguards that don't love black panther.

i won't go in deep because it's the focuse of the first issue of the new run.

I really hated that but with T'Challa dealing with Namor, in Wakanda, after he flooded the country... I understand.

It's probably going to be a struggle for the throne kind of thing. T'Challa will have some rival that will try to overthrow him, probably by striking deals with Klaw and then maybe giving out information that Bucky is kept in Wakanda. It'll probably be Martin Freeman's character to come check out that information. All in all, if Bucky will be in it, he'll probably have a glorified cameo at most, kind of like WW in BvS.

I would cum buckets if they somehow introduce Namor there... I mean Universal has the rights but that didn't stop them from having The Hulk

They should go with . Klaw discovers that Wakanda is harboring fugitives and sells them out for revenge. Meanwhile they can do a Man-Ape story about T'Challa's struggle to maintain the throne when his people are endangered by his interactions with the outside world.

>filename
I like you.

>Act 3 of Black Panther's movie
>Sound!Klaw's gone full kaiju mode and is tearing up the city
>T'Challa brings Everett Ross before the Panther statue and opens up his medallion, revealing a key
>statue opens up to reveal a pair of seats, they get in and T'Challa puts the key in the ignition
>they both put on sunglasses as Power starts playing: youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU
Also save Keelmongah for the sequel.

Shit taste detected.

Sup Forums get the fuck out of muh capeshit thread

Achebe was a character from Priest's much-lauded run in the late 90s who IIRC was basically envisioned as "Panther's Joker". As charismatic & psychotic as you'd expect form a pitch like that. Unfortunately he never really appeared outside of the Priest issues he was in so has been MIA for over 15 years. (If anybody has the splash page with his "origin" in the desert I'd appreciate it)
Erik Killmonger is Panther's Bane. Bigger, faster and stronger too. To this day Panther's never beat him one-on-one in a fair fight. Has a habit of getting killed by third parties and rising from the dead. Also has a thing for leopards and lions.
Both are motivated by the desire to rule Wakanda so have to go through Panther to do it.

>"IT'S NOT FAIR", said DC fans.

user btfo
read the comics you complain about you fucking plebian

>A friend asked me after the movie if that was supposed to be Storm

It'll be about T'Challa slapping American retards looking for Vibranium and some retard Wakandan guy trying to destroy the world because he feels superior.

His nemesis

Kek

Based user spitting truth. I guarantee you there are some legitimate Zemofags who are hurting that they didn't really see their guy up there on screen, but most of these fags only read Wiki pages and are buttrustled that their Wiki reading and "hype" didn't match what they saw in the movie.

Basically, it's Mandarinfagging all over again.

>(If anybody has the splash page with his "origin" in the desert I'd appreciate it)

I look forward to the day when Jungle Action v2 is published digitally

Appreciated, thanks.

That's a big cat

you're welcome

>>Everett Ross
I honestly don't remember this character at all. When was he in the movie and what did he do?

>When was he in the movie and what did he do?

Bilbo Baggins. He was mostly seen with Black Panther. He got to talk shit to Zemo in the end.

>Tchalla: I am the king now. Lets start talking to the outside world more.
>Asshole family member: No that killed last King who we all liked a lot more. Also I am forming an evil plot to assassinate you so I can take your throne
>They fight
>Tchalla: I win, now everyone respect me as King

The end

You forgot.
>Asshole makes deal with Russian mercenaries to get rid of Tchalla and make it look like outsiders are to blame
It's like, obligatory.

I think he knew from somewhere that Black Panther and Storm were married at one point?

I'm pretty sure they got married immediately before Civil War.

I know, I'm just incredulous that my non-comic book reading friend was aware of that fact, I'm going to assume it was storytimes on Sup Forums or something

Maybe he tried to read Civil War. I've seen a few chronological compilations that included the wedding.

They got married during Civil War. Just before shit got real aka Bill Foster's death. The issue had Civil War: Cease Fire on the cover.

Needs to be, shit is too good

>Panther's entire origin story takes place in CW, more or less.

Less. We've seen him trying to avenge his dad, but we have no idea how he got his powers or for how long he's been using the suit, since he clearly states that the role of Black Panther was passed on to him a while ago. His dad's assassination was only an excuse to go public it seems.

And he's almost as strong as Bucky. Without the armor.

neat

He was also a fucking ninja without the suit.

I think I'd like it more if Klaw did his animal projections.

I got a question.
TIME magazine had a recent article that stated Black Panther was the "first black superhero". That didn't sound right. Surely there was some black superhero created before 1966 by a non-big-two publisher, especially by one of those short-lived comics companies that were started by blacks.

>I can't prove it but I'm sure they're wrong!